Lucid Dreaming

billpika_x8

A lucid dream is a dream where you are conscious of yourself dreaming, hence giving you the ability to control the reality you seem to exist in. Essentially, you can live out anything. Lucid dreaming can be practiced, and practice makes perfect. Sometimes, they occur spontaneously. Most lucid dreams can be remembered as if they actually happened.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? I've been testing out a few in which I can fly and shoot plasma out of my fingertips. IT'S AWESOME.

i have been meaning for years to teach myself how to lucid dream on command(ish). i have gotten to the dream remembering and journaling stage many times but i have never kept it up. i have only had one lucid dream and it lasted all of 10 seconds before i woke up.. all i got to do was walk down a street. i was more keen on lucid dreams when i was not as happy as i am now, though, and i haven't thought about them in a while. they'd still be absolutely insanely cool, but the things i imagine i would do in them have changed a lot since my life has improved.

I've never had a real "lucid" dream, because from my understanding, having a lucid dream means being yourself 100% and seeing from first person, and I find in a lot of dreams where I realize it's a dream, I kind forget and treat it like a dream, or something. Like in one dream, it hit me it was a dream, so I decided to pull someone's hair (he was annoying me), cause I knew there would be no problems. Another time, I tried to "wake up", and enlisted the help of some of my "dream friends." But again, these went back and fourth between being first person and me watching from the sidelines. It's like I'm not 100% conscience in a dream.

Sometimes, I fly in dreams, if I know it's a dream, but I've never found myself to be in complete control.

Oooh, I find the subject of lucid dreaming fascinating! I had a teacher in college who gave us some tips to help us achieve lucidity while dreaming. They were:

• Keep a dream journal.
  • When you are awake, make a habbit of looking at your hands and asking "am I dreaming?" (the idea being that if you happen to see your hands in your dream, you'll ask yourself the same question and become lucid).
  • In general, try to ask yourself "am I awake?" as much as possible (same reasoning as above).
  • On a day when you know you can sleep in, set your alarm really early, then go back to sleep.

I've been meaning to try these things out, but I never seem to have enough time to sleep as it is, let alone fret about dreams. Over the summer break, I fully intend to practice! (I hear that practice helps).

I never practised it but sometimes have lucid dreams. But actually I don't remember the vast majority of my dreams. Funny thing is, that in most of my dreams I have superhero-like abilities (eg. jumping from building to building). When dreams turn into nightmares I use a sharp object to pock my eyes out (in my dream of course, not in reality), that always wakes me up, lol.

When dreams turn into nightmares I use a sharp object to pock my eyes out (in my dream of course, not in reality), that always wakes me up, lol.

I always thought the traditional method was to pinch oneself. I don't think I'd ever do that, whether in a dream or otherwise. xD

I've always wanted to do it right, because a dream world would be the perfect place for me. But I've never really been too good at the "training," especially the dream journal. I'm usually cursing the alarm clock in the morning rather than thinking about my dreams.

Also, it seems like I've been having less dreams for a while now. I kind of miss them.

Lucid dreams have occurred in the past for me, but not recently. The ones I remember most are from my childhood, where I went "Hey, if this is a dream, can I fly?" So I flew like in Peter Pan. :laughingsmiley: Another was a dream where I was going someplace, and I was aware it was a dream, so I asked for all kinds of things and I got everything I asked for.

I've only had a couple of lucid dreams, the most recent of which was *ahem* :wub_anim: of a romantic nature with one of my favourite male actors and so yeah..it was awesome. I want more please!

Mmmmmmmmmmm I'd LOVE to have a dream like that with a certain rock star I love. ;) ;) ;) Alas lucid dreams do not come to me often. :(

I dream all the time and am lucky enough to remember almost all of them. The only lucid dream I ever remember having is one where I was conscious enough to try to run from something that was trying to kill me. Pretty sure I woke up in a panic.

But I've never really been too good at the "training," especially the dream journal. I'm usually cursing the alarm clock in the morning rather than thinking about my dreams.

I think this is how it is for me. :laughingsmiley: I like the idea of lucid dreaming, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do it.

Often, I'm not even in my own dreams - it will be like a story or a movie.

I think that I was sort of lucidly dreaming last night, I panicked over something that was happening in the dream, then I realized it was a dream and reassured myself and walked around for a bit. I woke up a little while after that.

Most dreams I remember are in first person, like I am in my body. But I think that lucid dreaming also means you control the dream, not just your dream self. So if like someone's attacking you, you drop an anvil on them from the sky.

Most of my dreams are sort of mashed with reality, like whatever is happening around me as I sleep gets incorporated into my dream. Usually these are stuff like the temperature or the sound of the alarm clock (most common).

Once I dreamt that I was sitting at the mad hatter and the march hare's tea table when suddenly the mad hatter started tapping his teaspoon on his teacup like mad (forgive the pun), turned out that was the sound of my alarm clock.

That's actually happens to me a lot. The inception dream within a dream thing. I dream that I'm dreaming and then I wake up and start getting ready for my day and then I actually wake up and laugh/am kinda pissed that I have to get ready all over again. I also sleepwalk and sleeptalk and I've had weird half-awake dreams. It feels like I'm dreaming but it's in a familiar place, like my room or the living room or something, but it's dream-like, like there are trees sprouting out of the walls. Then when I wake up, I find out that I was sleepwalking there, whoever saw me in real life was usually in my dream too. Like my brain is asleep but still getting signals from my open eyes, so it incorporates the visuals that its getting with random dream things.

I never talk in my dreams, but my boyfriend does, and often he says things in Russia. So I'll go "Hey, what?" And he'll be like; "NOTHING NEVERMIND" in English, all mad at me while sleeping. Another time, he had mixed up with reality with a dream, and moved half up the bed and pointed to our, going: "People, Rayna." He explained later to me that he had a dream that we were at work, and that customers were walking by and I was ignoring them so he pointed to direct my attention to them. (He's a manager, lol.)

But again. I don't consider myself a lucid dreamer. Because I'll either forget it's a dream or something.

And as for Inception, I've always pondered, why did they need to go into dreams through a person's wrist? Dreams are in the head, unless they were implying that the blood flow would deliver them into the other person's brain?

Aaaah i only had 3 lucid dreams in my life.....

AND THAT AS A 3-7 YEAR OLD CHILD!

I really want to lucid dream every Episode of Code geass and doing what Lelouch is doing :3

and i want to lucid dream how im a Draco-Mancer(A Human with the Blood of Dragons that can change into a Dragon-Human Hybrid....lol).

I've only ever 'lucid' dreamed once, and I'm not even sure if it was a full-fledged lucid dream, or just me being conscious that I was dreaming. Still, it was cool.

However, reality sometimes interferes with my dreams. More specifically, just before I wake up, I hear a song playing; that song is almost always the song of my radio-alarm clock. And once, I left my radio-alarm clock on all night; I remember hearing my favorite song in the middle of a dream. :P