What's The Poorest You've Ever Been?

Naamah D.

What's the poorest you've ever been on Neopets? Right now, I'm broke(27, 672 NP in the bank). I have a habit of buying my pets a lot of things. It may be worth it to spoil them rotten but my computer has difficulty running flash games.

So what's the poorest you've ever been? What did you buy?

After buying my first SLM set, I think I was left with about 10k. That's probably the poorest I've ever been on this account.

When I first started playing about 8 years ago, I never managed to get more than a few thousand NP, because I was always buying overpriced food to feed my pets xD

I used to be at my poorest when I was new to Neopets. I used to have a habit of spending so many Neopoints on various items (toys, foods, and some other stuff) back in my newbie days (2002 to 2003 at least, back when I wasn't very good at flash games unlike I am now), so I always used to feed my pets at the Soup Kitchen (still glad to have the avatar for it since I don't want to waste all my NP again for it nowadays) since I had NP amounts in the the low hundreds, but that was a very long time ago.

Nowadays, I never really experience extreme Neopian poverty anymore since I've learned how to save up my NP for stuff that really matters. My recent poorest was when I bought that Royal Paint Brush for my Poogle Lippstik so she can have Royalgirl Poogle clothes, I had around 70,000 NP or under left over after that purchase (forgot the exact amount left over).

I used to be at my poorest when I was new to Neopets. I used to have a habit of spending so many Neopoints on various items (toys, foods, and some other stuff) back in my newbie days (2002 to 2003 at least, back when I wasn't very good at flash games unlike I am now), so I always used to feed my pets at the Soup Kitchen (still glad to have the avatar for it since I don't want to waste all my NP again for it nowadays) since I had NP amounts in the the low hundreds, but that was a very long time ago.

Nowadays, I never really experience extreme Neopian poverty anymore since I've learned how to save up my NP for stuff that really matters. My recent poorest was when I bought that Royal Paint Brush for my Poogle Lippstik so she can have Royalgirl Poogle clothes, I had around 70,000 NP or under left over after that purchase (forgot the exact amount left over).

Yeah, that's how I usually become broke. I really don't care about painting my pets but I buy them expensive toys and food and grooming items.

Wow 0_0 @Angelo you'd definitely win poorest-you've-ever-been.

Poorest I've been...basically, I spent my first 4-5 neo years dirt poor. I always fed my pets via the soup faerie (my nps never went above 3000) and whenever I got something, I priced it in terms of "dollars" like my max price was 50nps and I thought people who sold stuff for 10k were mental. I remember getting a morphing potion/trans potion as an RE and selling it for 10k and thinking I'd basically preyed on some poor soul who threw their money around when in truth I'd given them a deal XD

Hey this was when I was like 7-11 years old :P

Other than when I was just starting out, the poorest I've been is when I had 78 NP. It was right after I bought a Blue Draik Egg and it took nearly every NP I had. (Now I plan ahead when making large purchases, and make sure I will have extra afterwards.)

I'm pretty poor at the moment but I've had literally nothing before when I bought my MP for Lem. Trying to save again but I keep getting tempted and buying books and stamps :P

Pretty much any time I buy a big item... I recall not having enough to do my dailies for a few hours. XD

For an extended period of time... every other time in my life I played Neopets. Basically, I would just whine how much I wanted a Baby PB for my Usul (the UC version) but never do anything to get it. It's a good thing I wasn't old enough for the Neoboards because I was such a noob.

I was at my poorest when I first started and everytime I'd managed to save up the tiniest amount of money I'd spend it.

Now I can't bare to be go below having 1mill in the bank, so if I want something, I'll save up enough to ensure that I'll always have at least that much left after! I'd hate to see my balance drop below 7 figures xD

Hmm I was just like Zooba when I was little, never even realised what 'send score' meant ahhaha. So I never made any NPs off games or events and sold things for around one or two NPs in my shop

Now I have like 4.75mil and it's still nowhere near enough for all the stuff I want :P

Poorest I've ever been is probably 2kish when I first got my account. :P Other than that I have completely saved up my np, and bought a Chokato TCG to lend. That left me with like 2mil, and then my Chokato got scammed. Meh.

When I played when I was younger I was always dirt poor and didn't really realise it at the time - always fed pets from the soup kitchen etc. Since I started up again, I think the poorest I've been was after I bought a Desert PB last summer and was left with less than 5k in the bank.

When I played when I was younger I was always dirt poor and didn't really realise it at the time - always fed pets from the soup kitchen etc. Since I started up again, I think the poorest I've been was after I bought a Desert PB last summer and was left with less than 5k in the bank.

I never get down to that low, cause I always have a good chunk of np more than I need for the item I want to buy. I just feel so useless with less than 10k. xD I can't rs or anything with that little of np.

I'm a little different than you guys. I don't really do the "million in the bank" thing. I can see where it would come in handy, but I'm fine with a very small amount of NP after a big shopping trip. With stocks and Habi (I don't restock) it usually goes to a decent amount in less than a week.

I'm always neo broke (kinda simillar to in real life really....lol). I try not to let my bank balance drop below 500,00, but that doesn't always happen. But I also have to remember that I have a fair bit (about 600,000) tied up in stock at the moment, and that items in my gallery are probably worth about 5 to 6 million or so. I've spent a LOT on my gallery. So I guess if I take all that into consideration, I'm not doing too badly, considering my main source of income and selling dailies junk and a few games of KQ a week (and the occasional stock boom!)

once i deliberately went around with 0 nps on hand and have a re that stole 40 nps off me, so i had the negative thing (not sure if they have changed that now)

in terms of total nps (bank and on hand) the poorest i have ever been after being less than a complete newbie, is 701 nps after buying my first paint brush (baby) now i also try and make sure i'm never that poor again, but i've gotten below 10k when i bought the lab map (when it was like.. 230k for the set.. its 1.3 million now *faints*)

My poorest time was whenever I was saving up to 10 million for the first time to get my Krawk and when I finally had 9.8 million in the bank, someone got onto my account and spent 9 million on a Hidden Tower item (I know this because I didn't have the avatar to that place to begin with).

So yeah...lost 9 million and didn't get anything out of it but a very mad me. Had to get my account frozen for a week to be safe.

The upside to this story is that I learned how to restock and earned it all back in only a few months :)

Like everyone, when I was little I just didn't understand the concept of saving my np :P I always bought random grooming items and food when I could have easily went to the Soup Kitchen bcz I was so poor >_<

The poorest I ever was, was after I started neopets and lasted for about two and a half to three years. I didn't know the relative prices anything of anything. And I didn't save anything. 99 percent of the time I had less than 10,000 in my bank account if any.