Unpopular Neopets Opinions

Naamah D.

What are your unpopular opinions regarding Neopets? Mine are...

1. I think Lab Ray is a waste of money

2. I think buying clothes, toys, grooming items, and food for your pets is more important than buying paint brushes and morphing potions.

3. I love my pets to the point where people think it's "odd" or "strange" or it just gives them an excuse to get all aggro with me.

4. I refer to myself as the owner and not the player or user.

Disclaimer: This post was not made to chastise or tell other people "Your opinion is wrong mine is right!". So please be respectful of other posters opinions. Thank you.

- NC Mall is rubbish :P but that's just because I can't buy NC (the fox who can't get the grapes lol)

- Gourmet food is a total waste of NP

- TNT is biased towards certain players

^ this, for sure!

- Trollers aren't funny. None of them.

TNT are ruthless and heartless when it comes to certain things, the ridiculous and shameless NC hawking is one thing in particular. Why must every event have a NC sideline to taunt players who have no access to the Mall? And why must items be retired forever, can't they be brought back for a limit period of time to combat against greedy NC trades?

I cannot stand players who dismiss other players that take care of their pets, and I also do not understand players who have walls of trophies and rare/expensive pets, only to neglect their pets.

I do not find Meepits 'scary' or 'disturbing in the slightest. The Intesteen is more disturbing than a Meepit.

I hate, hate, HATE HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Snipers!! And I hate it when they BRAG about sniping, as if it's 'cool' to bag an item they don't need from a player who is trying to get a bargain on an item they have saved long and hard for! I don't bid on auctions anymore after almost EVERYTHING I bid on is sniped from me!

TNT are ruthless and heartless when it comes to certain things, the ridiculous and shameless NC hawking is one thing in particular. Why must every event have a NC sideline to taunt players who have no access to the Mall? And why must items be retired forever, can't they be brought back for a limit period of time to combat against greedy NC trades?

I cannot stand players who dismiss other players that take care of their pets, and I also do not understand players who have walls of trophies and rare/expensive pets, only to neglect their pets.

I do not find Meepits 'scary' or 'disturbing in the slightest. The Intesteen is more disturbing than a Meepit.

I hate, hate, HATE HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Snipers!! And I hate it when they BRAG about sniping, as if it's 'cool' to bag an item they don't need from a player who is trying to get a bargain on an item they have saved long and hard for! I don't bid on auctions anymore after almost EVERYTHING I bid on is sniped from me!

Owners who dismiss people who take care of their pets really make me angry. It's none of my business what you do with your pets but leave me and my pets alone.

Meepits are not creepy at all, if anything Angelpuss creep me out because they look so sweet they'd give you 99 cavities(I got 99 cavities and my Angelpuss ain't one of 'em!)

Really? I guess i never thought they were biased much... :*

i don't really hate snipers, but when people brag about it with their millions of screenies, it really gets under my skin. of course, I'd love to have the skill/internet connection to do it. :D

- I think Meepits are cute, they don't deserve the bad rep they get!

- I don't like the NC sidelines to most events (but then again, this could just be a case of wanting what you can't have :P)

- I'm not a huge fan of all the customization/clothes that all pets seem to have now. I much prefer mine as they are, but compared to most pets they now seem to look really plain and boring :(

I don't think RW, 3L or 4L pronounceables and RN are a big deal. Why would I want a pet named Armchair or whatever. I have an imagination, thank you very much. And while on that page, I am not at all comfortable with the way pets are treated nowadays. I am all for being able to transfer pets but the whole pet trading thing really bugs me. And I agree with the people who said that a brilliantly looking userlookup with 500 avvies and just as many trophies looses all appeal when the pets are hungry or sad or both :/

- NC Mall is rubbish :P but that's just because I can't buy NC (the fox who can't get the grapes lol)

- Gourmet food is a total waste of NP

100% agree

- Trollers aren't funny. None of them.

Agreed.

-A lot of people think that complaining about the site in any way shape or form is "ungrateful" but I think user feedback is a good thing, provided it's stated politely.

-I kind of think TNT are mean sometimes. Especially when it comes to sending in tickets and communicating with the actual employees...they can be pretty rude..I've seen this from personal experience and in other people's tickets too, some people screenied them and were kind of ranting on the boards out of frustration.

-Having 99.9% of animated wearables be NC is kinda mean to the people that can't get it (this was worse when neopets had countries that couldn't even see the NC mall, AKA didn't even have a choice of wether or not to buy NC, but its still a bit mean to the people that can't afford it) They should have at least a few animated wearables available as NP stuff.

I see nothing wrong with buying NC. The NC-haters have kind of died down since the release, though.

The NC mall has really obvious favoritism for good wearable designs. The NP wigs are a good example; they look nice on some pets, but on others you'd swear they were meant to look extremely awkward.

It can be kind of tiring seeing a million Aisha, Draik, and Kacheek customizations.

...On that note, Blumaroos and Rukis can look really gorgeous when customized well.

I wouldn't say the NC mall deserves hate or anything, and I don't mind seeing it paired with events. It's just kind of annoying when you get a crafting faerie quest for the day during that event in February, and it was unfortunate that the little side plot to the GMC this year with Roo Island was essentially NC-only.

Other than that, I don't know if I really have any 'unpopular' opinions. I'm not always a huge fan of customization; I like backgrounds and simple things but sometimes the clothes, especially on four-legged pets, looks really weird, or it just gets too "busy."

I don't like NC. Mostly because TNT focuses so much of their site around it these days. And all the good backgrounds are NC only. :sad01_anim: It's slowly consuming Neopets D: Haha just kidding. There are still many parts of the site not NC-related. But I just prefer not to spend my money on virtual items.

I thought the OP's preference for buying clothes over PBs was interesting. I mean, the whole reason I want PBs and MPs for my pets is to complete their customization. To me, it's just another part of the outfit.

And as an NC addict, I just don't get the hating on the NC Mall. Yes, it sucks if you can't buy NC. Yes, most of the NC items are nicer than the NP items, and I wish they made some better NP wearables. But think about it logically--the whole purpose of NC is for them to be able to make more revenue off players. What good what it do them if there were NP wearables just as nice as NC items?

So maybe my unpopular opinion is that the NC Mall isn't rubbish.

my unpopular opinion: re-release all that retired NC stuff. the values for that are insane. xD that i know is a very unpopular opinion! ^_^

i also like the NC stuff, but the prices for some are stupidly ridiculous. mostly user inflated and bleh. i mean, bag of bottled faeries? 140+ caps? what??!

lab map too expensive. the ratios should be more even. why is one piece.. 900k. really.

that the forgotten shore giving out krawk morphing potions and draik eggs is also a really good thing. *ducks shower of tombola junk*

edit: i believeit is still an unpopular opinion to re-release the items. anything that was designated a LE/retired item you will find most people would be incredibly angry about a real money item devaluing. its a split opinion, just like the one about the forgotten shore giving out draik eggs and people getting all worked up over that. i consider it unpopular in that you will have alot of haters for supporting a particular viewpoint like that.

Edited by annukii

i don't like how you can't make neopoints from user contests or commissions. it makes things difficult for me.

i also like the fact that there is a chance of the forgotten shore giving out expensive things. if i get it one day i may realize my dream of getting a hissi.

I actually don't think I have any "real" unpopular opinions.

I kind of like NC because I'm lazy when it comes to customizing (I also hate it in reality for myself), and I love the idea of just buying pretty items without spending too much time and effort trying to get NP.

However, I really don't treat my pets like livings. I certainly would never feed Kiara Eyeballs or Snot Pizza. I've fed my Neopets some gross things before. I regard them more like Avatars. I like the ones I like - I don't let anyone else decide for me, however.

While, I don't mind the NC mall, I do think it's unfair that there's almost no NP wearables that are animated. I get that NC mall wearables have to be better, but can't we have a few more animated NP backgrounds?

I also despise the Wraith colour. XD

While, I don't mind the NC mall, I do think it's unfair that there's almost no NP wearables that are animated. I get that NC mall wearables have to be better, but can't we have a few more animated NP backgrounds?

I also despise the Wraith colour. XD

I think it may actually be intentional that there's no animated NP items. It's how you can tell the difference.

To the person who said they should RR the expensive stuff: it's really not their concern what NC items trade for. It's not something they've officially condoned. Your opinion is a fairly popular one on the NC boards, except among the hardcore collectors.

I love Wraith color. Eventide is uglyyyy.

- I don't like draiks

- I think wigs on a pet look stupid

- I haven't liked most of the newest colors released

- Neopets was better before customization. I felt like it was more about the pet back then. Now it is almost more about how you dress them up.

- I don't like creating stories for my pets. Personalities are fine but stories seem pointless.

- Grundos are super cute!

To add to my list.

I agree with the wigs thing. I think they look ridiculous on pets, and stupid.

Pet applications are mostly stupid. It's usually not even about the pet but about sucking up to the owner. And usually the owner adopts to a friend, though they claim they're not biased.

When people trade their pets with no end goal, I think it's stupid. What's the point?

I don't see the point in intelligence. I'll read my pets books, but I don't read ONE pet all the books and if it's an expensive book? I sell it instead. I may eventually get my battle pet to have good intelligence if a weapon I want requires it, but probably not.

- I think buying clothes, toys, grooming items, and food for your pets is kind of useless. Each to their own and I've got no bad opinion about people who do it...I just don't understand :P I like my pets and keep them happy by sticking them in the neolodge every month but I don't understand wasting NPs on something that has no real effect i.e. toys, grooming items.

- I actually really like customisation, it's fun

- I hate the NC mall (but only because I'm too stingy to buy NC ;) )

- krawks are seriously overrated

- trolling is pathetic

- i find people writing huge novels about their pets and characterizing them (especially as humans or humanoids) really weird

- rw names for pets are rubbish.. i don't want a pet named after an object lol and i can't see why anyone would

- the lab map is a waste of 1+ mil neopoints, it rarely generates good results

- most of the recent colour releases have been pretty bad. eventide and woodland both look like bad photoshop gradients (although there are a few pets that look OK in both colours)

- a lot of pets lost out in the conversion process. faerie pets especially aren't half as nice looking as they used to be