I could use some advice

Naamah D.

I've been experiencing a lot of sadness and fear lately. My Neopets and video games are my only salvation. However, nobody understands how much I love my pets.

There are no users who groom, feed yummy food to, buy clothing, and play with there pets. It's really hard. Or at least that's what it feels like.

I feel guilty for loving my pets the way I do. I have nobody to talk to about my love for my pets. I've thought about dedicating a journal to my pets and all the fun and adventures I have with them. Is that a good idea?

If I talk about my pets, I will be seen as a freak. I'm already seen as a freak!

When i am upset I tend to write out what I am feeling. Pencil and paper style. I feel like when i am done I have gotten out that sadness/fear/whatever emotion I was trying to express. It is my way of coping. However a few days later i reread it and realize it was probably stupid and normally rip it up. I find it to be a great way to release. when I write it it is like i get it off my chest. And when i reread it, it is like me trying to determine if it is something that needs to be revisited or just thrown into the don't sweat the small stuff category.

So if you feel like writing go ahead. I am not really one to put my personal thoughts and problems on the internet but if that is your way to release then go for it.

Its great that you take good care of your pets. To me its sounds like Neopets is a bit of an escape from real life for you (I might be wrong here, that's just how I understood you). You are going through difficult times and its good to have something that you enjoy. As long as it doesn't control your entire life I wouldn't be too worried :)

There are no users who groom, feed yummy food to, buy clothing, and play with there pets. It's really hard. Or at least that's what it feels like.

Well it's kinda hard to tell when someone does all this stuff for their pets, aside from customisation of course.

And you are definitely not a freak! You love your pets just like me, at least, and I wouldn't find it hard to believe that most others here love their pets too. You just express it in a different way.

(Interweb?) Journal for good times = yes. Interweb journal for bad times = no. I agree with Batman, because that's what works for me. What works for you?

i would start seeking a creative outlet to let your feelings out into - one that is not neopets. it sounds like neopets is an escape for you and i love my pets too but i maintain and understand the reality that they aren't real - they are just pixels. try writing or drawing or making music, whatever suits you. relate it all to what you are feeling and if your sadness persists, talk to someone you love and trust about it. don't nurture an obsession in order to avoid resolving what is upsetting you - i've been there and the results were not good

i would start seeking a creative outlet to let your feelings out into - one that is not neopets. it sounds like neopets is an escape for you and i love my pets too but i maintain and understand the reality that they aren't real - they are just pixels. try writing or drawing or making music, whatever suits you. relate it all to what you are feeling and if your sadness persists, talk to someone you love and trust about it. don't nurture an obsession in order to avoid resolving what is upsetting you - i've been there and the results were not good

All because I nurture my pets does not mean I don't know they aren't real. I don't escape from reality I just have a big heart.