Morphing Pets ... where does the fun stop ?

Angeló

What is your take on Morphing pets ?? Personally , some years ago , before customization , I used to hate it .. but now , I love it. It's so much fun !

For starters , it gives you a chance to have a totally new pet , even if it had the same old name .. but it'll gain a new look & a new personality ..

There's also the fact that most MP's are cheaper than PB's .. for example .. my Desert Peophin MP costed me 600k , while a desert PB costs at least 3 Mil .. not to mention the basic MP price ..

And let's not forget the extra clothes that come with new colors ..

........... Also there's Kauvara's Avatar !

Here's a list of pets that I morphed , in Chronological order :

V00D00 : Adopted as a Yellow Chia ---> Green Uni (15k) .... there were no Halloween Uni MP for sale (Hand-Painted Halloween)

Faras : Adopted as a Red Lenny ---> Green Uni (15k) .... I just wanted a Uni so it fits the name (Hand-Painted Christmas) ---> Desert Peophin (600k)

Kadavyir : Adopted as a Red Cybunny ---> Red Gelert (300k) because there's no Halloween Gelert MP .... (Hand-Painted Halloween)

Elishat : Created as a Blue Ixi ---> Christmas Zafara (about 350k, it was cheaper than a basic Zafara MP lol but now they inflated to 700k)

darkphilosophy : Snow Uni ---> Pirate Ixi (700k)

Mutated Pets :

darkobsession : Blue Eyrie ---> Mutant Lenny (300k .... back in 2008 , crazy huh? now they're 1-2 Mil)

darkintuition : Blue Korbat ---> Mutant Korbat (Free .... it was a gift .... but it was 300k also at the time)

So now it's your turn to tell us what pets your morphed and how much did they cost you , if possible ? :)

on my previous account i didnt morph anything at all except for the avatar.. on this account im saving up for a

*basic colour* kiko morphing potion - for polarski

grey cybunny morphing potion for sir_nivenz_mctwisp

and (if we're being idealistic) maraquan usul morphing potion for fafny or beqqina.

i think the major advantage with mps is the aged, awesomely named pet that you will have forged a connection with will remain ever-present for less nps :D

Do Magical Plushies count, too? That's how I got Lippstik to be a Poogle.

Retrosity is my more special and important one since the way she became a Rainbow Cybunny was through an actual MP that I snagged for free at the Money Tree.

Lippstik: Adopted as a White Usul -> Given Magical Yellow Poogle Toy to play with (I bought for 10K at a usershop when I was 10 (not joking, this was in 2002), they're more expensive now... at 300K or something) -> Hand-painted Royalgirl (1,750K) -> Then Faerie (had one scored from an auction back when they were 800K)

Retrosity: Born a Blue Kacheek -> Given a Rainbow Cybunny MP (normally costs 1,200K, but I snagged it for free at the Money Tree).

Wow you've done a lot of morphing!

I am eternally thankful for Morphing Potions :P I used a Fire Draik MP on Lem and am saving for two more :D

oh yes , Magical Plushies count , for sure .. but somehow I always forget about them , mainly because I was never interested in them :)

congrats on your lucky Money Tree snag , Neomysterion :)

I'm trying to remember specifically which ones I've morphed. My Koi on my side account, I morphed. I have no idea what I created it as, but I had an Orange MP from the Wheel of Excitement, so I created it with a Koi in mind. (Probably a Flotsam) (Cost - Free)

My Faerie Kau, I morphed. I created it as a Kau, and use the lab ray, hoping for some cool colors, only to have it change species immediately. After probably a year/year and a half of zapping, I finally morphed her back into a Kau and painted her Faerie. (She had a Kau related name) (Cost - 500k)

I've morphed my lab pets, to Uni's to help zap for a friend's dream pets. And Ogrins to test BD stuff, and zap. I will be using either a Krawk MP or a different one on one of my former lab pets, so it can go to it's home on my sea account. (Cost - 5-10k each)

ChristelleFairy (My Darigan/Halloween hybrid), was morphed BACK into a Gelert due to the fact she had been numerous species because of the lab ray. She's potentially one of the few pets which I have ever transformed without the lab ray's aid. I morphed a foster pet into a Mutant Aisha, merely for the avvie, it didn't cost me too much as I recall.

Beyond that, any morphed ones are all due to the lab.

Let's see...

Allumeri - One of my older pets. She was created as a Wocky, then morphed into a Starry Usul.

Avehx - Adopted as a Green Uni, morphed into a White Kyrii.

Ruzin - Created as a Red Shoyru, morphed Shadow. (The potion was a lot cheaper than the PB)

Cerinxia - Traded for by me as a red Cybunny, then zapped (hoping for a Robot, but no luck :( ) into a Xwee. Then I morphed her Faerie for the same reason as above.

There's also the fact that most MP's are cheaper than PB's .. for example .. my Desert Peophin MP costed me 600k , while a desert PB costs at least 3 Mil .. not to mention the basic MP price ..

Yes but the species you might want might not be available in the colour you want. And sometimes the potion is more expensive than the PB, depending on the species.

I did have an Orange Koi Morphing Potion lying around in my SDB for a long time, because I had a great idea for a Koi pet. Mermallie was created in May as a Peophin, and was later morphed into a Koi. She still has yet to be Purple, but the PB isn't very expensive and I can afford at least three Purple PBs.

One of my pets bane28 was originally an Ixi but was morphed into a Kougra.

Kazia87 was originally an Acara - then my lab pet for a bit - then morphed into an Ogrin (4000np ish) - then finally morphed into a Xweetok (99000np) which is probably how she'll stay.

Mairin was originally a Tuskaninny - then morphed into a Woodland Cybunny which was one of my dreamies (and the MP is so much cheaper than the PB - cost me 2mill ).

I used a Red Hissi Morphing Potion on Hycris, who used to be a Mutant Yurble. I had an FFQ and wanted him Pirate.

I also am constantly using them on Wheatli, because I want him to turn into a Robot Ogrin with the lab ray, but he keeps changing species on me so I have to set him straight in between zaps sometimes.

Other than that I don't have occasion to use them much, to be honest. It's not that I wouldn't, it's just that it's always cheaper for me to hand-paint or the potion isn't available. I always go for the cheapest available option!

I haven't done any morphing yet myself, but I do have plans too. I wish I'd have thought more carefully before pounding a couple of my pets, because I could have kept my babies (I'd had them since I signed up 7 years ago!) and still had them customized how I wanted. I've learnt my lesson now though, and I think I'll be morphing in the near future once I've saved up!

@lozze : Cute !! i used to have a Cloud Gnorbu .. I adopted him out .. he's now a Glowing Shoyru .. I think he's being labbed

nice answers everyone , yes , MP's are great :thumbsup:

I've never actually morphed a pet because I usually use the lab ray, or I create them with the species I want in mind. I have used a Transmogrification potion before though on a Yurble to get the avatar :)

• 2 months later...

I only morphed Safiraa. I morphed her into Purple Aisha from a Baby Zafara. The morphed her into a Mutant Aisha. Now she's a Baby Aisha and she's probably staying that way :)

Edit: I also moprhed my BD pet, IbisMay from a Yellow Meerca into an Orange Kougra. It was really cheap, around 10k. Painted her Baby and then the bad RE turned her Invisible :( She's currently a Mutant ...

I don't think I've used any morphing potions, aside from a cheap one for the avatar. I'm a bigger fan of Transmogrification Potions. :D So cool. Both of my pets used to be Mutant, before I started labbing them.

I morphed Lisianto, who I adopted as a Blue Kau into one of my dreamie; an Island Lutari. :wub_anim: It cost me 4M when I bought it, no regrets.

I also morphed Yuleov who I created as a Blue Bori into a Pirate Krawk (then painted Camouflage), another dreamie. Cost me almost 2M combined.

I buy morphing potions for my pets all the time. I have one pet that I'm trying to decide if I want him to be a Magma Ogrin, a Elderly Ogrin, or a Magma Kyrii. Both of those pets morphing potions are less than 5,000 np. I buy quite a few morphing potions for my two lab rats, so I can accumulate some more clothes for those species.