Mysterious Negg Journey Begins!

hrtbrk

A few days have passed and Zaira has let us know more about the journal she found, revealing that the pages are clues as to where the Mysterious Negg might be located!

mystnegg2.png

Head to her Alcove and click on the backpack to read the first clue, and to solve the first puzzle.

*puzzle currently not activated.

mystnegg1.png

*Players who complete all Mysterious Negg challenges will be able to select a special bonus prize, in addition to the prizes awarded for completing each step

April 12th Update:

Zaira has shown us a new page from the journal, revealing new clues.

What we know from yesterday's journal entry is that Selvin did not want to go to Lost Desert, and that Voughn had the Cloud Negg. Today it was revealed that Rutu and possibly one other neopet planned to visit Shenkuu and the "knight" Neopet of the group chose to not look after the Clockwork Negg.

Can anyone read coding.... I just took a sneaky peak at the source coding for the clue page. i'm thick at stuff like that but i got the following names and locations

1:

"Lost Desert",

2:

"Shenkuu",

3:

"Brightvale",

4:

"Altador",

5:

"Kiko Lake"

},

whos: {

1:

"Hurok",

2:

"Selvin",

3:

"Rutu",

4:

"Voughn",

5:

"Ricky"

Also some text about the mysterious negg being clockwork and being disguised. There seems to be a timer involved too so i guess we have limited time to solve the clues.

anyone who's smarter than me want to go check it out :laughingsmiley:

awesome detective work woodnymph :P am i missing something or is the tab called entry 2 because there was an entry 1 at one point? :S

I don't think there was an entry 1, i've been checking it every few hours since the book went and i haven't seen one

Can anyone read coding.... I just took a sneaky peak at the source coding for the clue page. i'm thick at stuff like that but i got the following names and locations

Good work :P I looked at the coding earlier too to try to find something.

I notice the Entry 2 thing too, it's a little weird. I hope this will be a cool event though ^^ Do you think NC will be invloved?

I really hope that it doesn't involve NC, I already can't enlarge any mini-neggs I don't want to be shut out of this too :(

I wonder what all the names and locations mean... think it'll be released when the news comes out?

I am very excited for this, but I agree with nURLo. I would much prefer it had nothing to do with the NC.

I am getting impatient about the release of this puzzle though.

I'm also behind the no-NC involvement. I want to be able to do this without having to be annoyed at the parts I can't do :P

It seems to me that this is gonna be one of those cross puzzles, where you have to match the Person to the Negg to the Location to the Job. I just made a spreadsheet xD Those are my favorite puzzles, so I'll be happy if that's how it goes.

I cant wait!! Hurry up TNT xD Hopefully it'll be activated soon.

I knoooow T_________________T this suspense is KILLING me!

I really hope that it doesn't involve NC, I already can't enlarge any mini-neggs I don't want to be shut out of this too :(

I wonder what all the names and locations mean... think it'll be released when the news comes out?

The names are the names of the team players and the locations are probably the places where they will find/hide or whatever the mysterious neggs.

1:

"Lost Desert",

2:

"Shenkuu",

3:

"Brightvale",

4:

"Altador",

5:

"Kiko Lake"

},

whos: {

1:

"Hurok",

2:

"Selvin",

3:

"Rutu",

4:

"Voughn",

5:

"Ricky"

Also some text about the mysterious negg being clockwork and being disguised. There seems to be a timer involved too so i guess we have limited time to solve the clues.

anyone who's smarter than me want to go check it out :laughingsmiley:

but where in the coding did you find it ?

but where in the coding did you find it ?

Twas on the page with the 2 tabs after you click on the backpack. About 2/3rds of the way through. There are also some small images that seem to be buttons or something with the different location symbols on, but nothing significant was accesable. When i tried to get the pics of the characters i got a page saying they weren't there or a 404

Twas on the page with the 2 tabs after you click on the backpack. About 2/3rds of the way through. There are also some small images that seem to be buttons or something with the different location symbols on, but nothing significant was accesable. When i tried to get the pics of the characters i got a page saying they weren't there or a 404

all right i did find the places but how about the name of the people in there

all right i did find the places but how about the name of the people in there

lines 304-316 for the character names and locations and then their species are listed in the image codes in lines 413-417. The characters are Acara, Ixi,Kau, Poogle and Kiko

lines 304-316 for the character names and locations and then their species are listed in the image codes in lines 413-417. The characters are Acara, Ixi,Kau, Poogle and Kiko

i actually check in this is what i saw

.nfp-popup-generic.frame { position: absolute; background: url(https://images.neopets.com/neggfest/y14/popups/wood-bg.png) 0 0; } .nfp-popup-generic.corner { width: 15px; height: 15px; position: absolute; } .nfp-popup-generic.tl { top: 0px; left: 0px; background-position: -30px 0px; } .nfp-popup-generic.tr { top: 0px; right: 0px; background-position: -985px 0px; } .nfp-popup-generic.bl { bottom: 0px; left: 0px; background-position: -30px -15px; } .nfp-popup-generic.br { bottom: 0px; right: 0px; background-position: -985px -15px; } .nfp-popup-generic.t { width: 470px; height: 15px; top: 0px; left: 15px; background-position: -45px 0px; } .nfp-popup-generic.b { width: 470px; height: 15px; bottom: 0px; left: 15px; background-position: -45px -15px; } .nfp-popup-generic.l { width: 15px; height: 100%; left: 0px; top: 0px; background-position: -15px 0px; } .nfp-popup-generic.r { width: 15px; height: 100%; right: 0px; top: 0px; background-position: 0px 0px; } .nfp-popup-generic.contents { position: relative; padding: 0px 20px; } .nfp-popup-generic.close { position: absolute; width: 30px; height: 30px; top: -6px; right: -8px; background: url(https://images.neopets.com/neggfest/y14/popups/close-x.png); cursor: pointer; }

.nfp-popup-generic.close:hover { background-position: 0px -30px; }

and var land_name = NFLogic.lands[land_id]; var who_id = $('#nfl-guess-who').val(); var who_name = NFLogic.whos[who_id]; var str = "<b class=\"nf-popup-title-text\">Not so fast there...</b><br><br>Based on your current selections, you believe that you're looking for <b>%1$s</b> who delivered the Clockwork Negg to <B>%2$s</b>. Are you certain this is the guess you want to submit?"; str = str.replace(/%2\$s/, land_name);

Aloa, what you posted is around 415 for me. I found the names at 375-387.

So the code shows that the solve puzzle tab is just going to ask you who delivered the Clockwork negg where. In terms of logic categories, we know we have characters, neggs, and places; but jobs and species could be used too. We're gonna need careful notes if it's all 5.

Aloa, what you posted is around 415 for me. I found the names at 375-387.

So the code shows that the solve puzzle tab is just going to ask you who delivered the Clockwork negg where. In terms of logic categories, we know we have characters, neggs, and places; but jobs and species could be used too. We're gonna need careful notes if it's all 5.

so it is going to be like the ''who kill king colzan'' plot dbut about neggs only the cloud negg has been found