Mysterious Negg Journey - Solve The Puzzle!

hrtbrk

Update 4/17: You have until the end of today to make your final guess. The correct answer will be reveal on 4/18.

Zaira has released the last entry and believes we have enough information to solve the puzzle.

*You can change your guess anytime between now and the end of the day on 4/17 NST, but remember, the earlier you submit a guess, the better your reward! The correct answer will be revealed on 4/18.

solvepuzzle.png

Entry 2

Now that the team has been assembled, we've begun gathering our provisions, packing our things, and figuring out where the mysterious Clockwork Negg will be hidden (as well as who will be the one to protect it) . One thing we've decided is that, to throw off those that might seek out the relic, the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations.

For instance, the wizard of the team (whose name is Selvin) insisted on not going to the Lost Desert—something about a fear of Scamanders, apparently. That was fine with the rest of us, so it's been decided that the wizard would go elsewhere. Meanwhile a team member named Voughn, who appeared quite taken with the look of the cloud Negg, insisted on taking that one to its destination. Again, there was no argument from the rest of us, so that's settled.

Entry 5

Today was the day that we settled on who would be going to Shenkuu. One team member, Rutu, seemed particularly enthusiastic to be going, saying that it had been a longtime dream to visit such an exotic location. Another mentioned that now is an ideal time for stargazing, since the night skies are unusually clear this time of year. On the other hand, things got kind of awkward when the knight of the group stated that being the one to transport the clockwork Negg was absolutely out of the question. Nobody else had an issue with doing it, though, so it didn't become an issue.

Entry 8

It seems our wizard is not so fond of Brightvale, either. Could a sudden plague of Scamanders have taken over King Hagan's realm, too? Anyhow, the traveller responsible for delivering the glass Negg was more than happy to go there. Speaking of the glass Negg's transport, it certainly seems like that would be a lot of pressure to live with—after all, one misstep or accidental drop, and smash! There goes your precious cargo. On a lighter note, luckily for our volunteer, they've had unseasonably good weather along the route to Brightvale lately; here's hoping that it continues 'til the journey's conclusion.

Entry 9

A decision was made today as to who would be transporting the Clockwork Negg. In the end, Hurok was excused from consideration due to claims of "not liking the look of the thing." Let's just say that, if not liking the looks of someone were grounds for exclusion, then our pal Hurok would've probably been gone long ago. The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well; among the many reasons the explorer gave was that the whirring of the Negg's gears made it difficult to sleep (I for one, will be relieved once the explorer's snoring is no longer around to keep me from sleeping at night). Speaking of sleeping, it's been a long day, and tomorrow is looking like it could be even longer, so I'd best try to get some shut eye.

Entry 11

There was a bit of confusion this afternoon, which led to an awkward situation that, thankfully, was comically resolved. It all began when someone called out, "Rutu!" in an attempt to get the blacksmith's attention. When the blacksmith didn't respond, the team member who called out the name angrily walked over and asked if there was a reason why they'd been ignored. Chuckling, the blacksmith said, "Because my name's not Rutu," at which point everyone else laughed heartily.

It turns out the reason the team member was calling for the blacksmith was to request the delivery of the sand Negg. "I don't have to take it to Altador, do I?" the blacksmith asked. "That would require sailing, and I tend to get seasick." The blacksmith was then assured that, no, the sand Negg would not need to be taken to Altador. Upon learning this news the blacksmith responded by shouting "Yeah!" and giving an enthusiastic fist-pump... which smacked directly into an overhead branch, resulting in what's likely to be a few days' delay as we wait for the blacksmith's hand to heal. Brilliant...

Entry 14

When trying to decide who would transport the plant Negg, one member of the team abruptly said, "To be honest, I don't care which Negg you want me to deliver. I will say, though, that as someone with a serious sweet tooth, my destination of choice would be Kiko Lake. It's not even close—I mean, all that rock candy and taffy? Mmm!" And so, it was decided that the plant Negg would go to Kiko Lake. Unfortunately, the next morning the plant Negg's deliverer noticed that the wicker basket in which the Negg was to be transported had a huge tear along one of its lower corners. There is currently no known culprit, but it's suspected that this is the work of Meepits...

Entry 17

Well, if there's one thing that everyone is now crystal clear on, it's that the botanist does NOT like being called Ricky, even if it's as the result of a perfectly innocent mistake. Apparently, the slight dates back to the botanist's childhood days, when an unmerciful bully named Ricky taunted and terrorised them to no end. Duly noted, the rest of us affirmed, and have promised to do our level best not to let it happen again. In other "everyone's on edge, so we should probably get going soon" news, it seems that some prankster has hidden the knight's lucky plush toy, and we have since been informed that nobody's going anywhere until it's returned... *sigh*

And so, the time has come for us adventurers to go our separate ways. Should anyone sufficiently clever and dedicated happen upon these words, then—having read this far—I would daresay they'd quite likely be capable of guessing the destination of that which we seek to protect...

Hmm, well I suck at these types of things but from what I gather...

Selvin (wizard) didn't go to Lost Desert, Shenkuu or Brightvale.

Rutu goes to Shenkuu.

Voughn has the Cloud Negg.

The glass negg went to Brightvale, meaning the clockwork negg DOESN'T.

We also know the Knight (whoever that be) DIDN'T take the Clockwork Negg.

So Voughn and Brightvale are eliminated - don't guess them.

(Please check if this is right LOL)

D= This is all the information they have given us ? D= This one will take some working out! I am probably going to use a blank logic puzzle page to help figure it out that should work.

This one is pretty good I suppose. I might have to add another column to figure out who belongs to what. Like the knight. Who is he D=

3,5.png

P.s. For anyone who has never done a logic puzzle it goes something like this:

LogicPuzzle.GIF

Making x's for for sure not a match up. I will work on it in the morning and report back if no one has figured it out. Time for bed!

As far as we know, it is not in Brightvale, because the glass negg goes there, and Voughn didn't carry it because he is in charge of the Cloud negg. The knight wasn't because he said he wouldn't.

So the possiblities are:

Lost Desert - With Hurok or Ricky

Shenkuu - Rutu

Altador - Hurok or Ricky

Kiko Lake - Hurok or Ricky

I'm not sure If I'm forgetting some clue, but I feel there's information missing, here...

Who is the Knight?

I have submitted my answer and this is what i now have,minus the pics and neat layout. So it seems we can change our minds, which would suggest there are more clues to come.

Also one of my backpacks on the front page now has a tick in it

Your guess has been officially recorded. If you have second thoughts about your guess, you have the option to come back and change it. Keep in mind, however, that the earlier you guess correctly, the greater your reward will be.

Your Guess

13th April, 1:05:55 am NST

Change guess:

LAND

WHO

*You can change your guess anytime between now and the end of the day on 4/17 NST, but remember, the earlier you submit a guess, the better your reward! The correct answer will be revealed on 4/18

ok so the wizard, selvin, did not go to LD or Shenkuu or Brightvale. that leaves the only the other two locations which we can find in the coding right?

EDIT: right - so those are Altador and Kiko Lake.

now the problem for me are the names of the travellers. we have selvin (wizard), voughn, rutu. but then we have a knight - who presumably has a name, and an unnamed person, either of whom could be Hurok or Ricky..

would appreciate feedback on this!

Edited by lovedwallflower

ok im assuming that this:

Another mentioned that now is an ideal time for stargazing, since the night skies are unusually clear this time of year. On the other hand, things got kind of awkward when the knight of the group stated that being the one to transport the clockwork Negg was absolutely out of the question. Nobody else had an issue with doing it, though, so it didn't become an issue.

means that the knight was not the one who stated preference for star-gazing (which i am taking to be altador). therefore, imo the knight did not go to altador.

i went for rutu and shenku as he/she only has 3 places left available

As far as I know, Rutu is a she, at least in spanish she has a feminine article, and when it mentionts "our volunteer" is masculine.

Urg. I hate math and word logic puzzles like this. I used to be able to solve them when I was younger, but it seems like this one has way more variables than I'm used to working with. Give me a puzzle where I have to correct grammar, or another sudoku puzzle, and I'll be happy :P

On a serious note, I thought that perhaps Selvin went to either Kiko Lake or Altador and may have the clockwork negg. However, someone pointed out on one of the boards that it would make sense if the person writing the journal had the clockwok negg, which would rule out everyone else having it. We'd just have to figure out WHO is writing the journal. It's either ricky or hurok. And one of them is the knight, who was completely against having the clockwork negg.

Edit: Looking again at what Zaira says, the person who is writing is the one who discovered the clockwork negg and gathered a team, making that theory seem more plausible. We need the Mythbusters team to help with this! XD

I've read somewhere that another occupation, apart from Wizard and Knight, might be Astronomer, in which case that random line about stargazing and clear skies might make a lot more sense. My question is, if we suppose this is true, do you guys think it could be Voughn, since s/he was interested in the Cloud Negg? Also, can we safely assume that line refers to Altador?

I love logic puzzles, but this one doesn't give us enough information to complete. If we can change our guess, though, then I think we're going to get more clues along the way until we do have enough information to finish the puzzle.

Take all the information we have and make a guess today, and if more clues are out, we can change it later.

So the posibilites are now:

Hurok - Lost Desert

Hurok- Altador

Hurok - Kiko Lake

Selvin - Altador

Selvin - Kiko Lake

Rutu - Shenkuu

Ricky - Lost Desert

Ricky - Altador

Ricky - Kiko Lake

Am i leaving something?

I worked out;

Selvin - Kiko Lake

Rutu - Shenkuu

Voughn - Altador (Cloud Negg) - was enthusiastic about the cloud Negg, maybe is interested in the stars.

Knight - Brightvale (Glass Negg) - does NOT want to take the Clockwork Negg, in the next entry someone is more than happy to transport the Glass Negg to Brightvale, so I thought it might be him.

So by that I figured either Ricky or Hurok is the Knight, and there's no way of knowing for sure that I can see, so I looked at the picture and who seemed the most likely to be writing the entries; it looks like the Poogle, so I went on the order of the answers that his name is Hurok, and he is in posession of the Clockwork Negg.

My answer was Lost Desert and Hurok.

I'm probably uber wrong but that's me theory :P

Well, no, I guess those are our options after reading the entries. However, there is more to those entries than meets the eye - as I've said before, the whole 'Another mentioned that now is an ideal time for stargazing' thing isn't there just as a filler (I think...).

Also, if Rutu is indeed a she (maybe Neopets users from other countries can confirm or deny this), then she's probably the Ixi, who is holding a lance (or whatever those medieval thingies are called), therefore she's probably the knight. Ergo, she isn't the one delivering the clockwork negg. Again, this is only conjecture, but if we are to make a wild guess for today, without sufficient information, we might as well consider all aspects, no matter how trivial they seem.

EDIT: I've seen many people guessing that the knight is going to Brightvale, but how exactly did you come to that conclusion? Mind you, the glass negg is said to be very fragile, and I for one couldn't picture a warrior handling it with the utmost care.

Well, no, I guess those are our options after reading the entries. However, there is more to those entries than meets the eye - as I've said before, the whole 'Another mentioned that now is an ideal time for stargazing' thing isn't there just as a filler (I think...).

Also, if Rutu is indeed a she (maybe Neopets users from other countries can confirm or deny this), then she's probably the Ixi, who is holding a lance (or whatever those medieval thingies are called), therefore she's probably the knight. Ergo, she isn't the one delivering the clockwork negg. Again, this is only conjecture, but if we are to make a wild guess for today, without sufficient information, we might as well consider all aspects, no matter how trivial they seem.

EDIT: I've seen many people guessing that the knight is going to Brightvale, but how exactly did you come to that conclusion? Mind you, the glass negg is said to be very fragile, and I for one couldn't picture a warrior handling it with the utmost care.

I edited to say why I thought that, realised it might be a bit confusing :P

Maybe they say this:

Speaking of the glass Negg's transport, it certainly seems like that would be a lot of pressure to live with—after all, one misstep or accidental drop, and smash! There goes your precious cargo. On a lighter note, luckily for our volunteer, they've had unseasonably good weather along the route to Brightvale lately; here's hoping that it continues 'til the journey's conclusion.

Because the Knight is carrying the Glass Negg, and is possibly more likely to drop it?

This is what I have so far:

Selvin - Kiko Lake

Voughn - Lost Desert - cloud negg

Rutu - Shenkuu

Knight - Brightvale - glass negg

Another - Altador

We know right away that Selvin is not going to Lost Desert or Brightvale just from the clues. We also know that he didn't go to Shenkuu (because this is Rutu,) and the way they spoke about stargazing made me assign Altador to the last person. This leaves Kiko Lake as the only option left for Selvin, and that's why I put that there. We know that Voughn has the cloud negg and we know the cloud negg goes to Lost Desert because that is the only option left for Voughn.

@Saxen: Sorry, I don't understand your question...? I'm not saying it isn't the kinght for certain, but wouldn't s/he be likely to drop it more easily than someone with a much quieter job?

...Does that make any sense? I don't know what I'm talking anymore XD

EDIT: no, wait, I understand, you mean that they mention the whole fragile thing precisely BECAUSE it's the knight who's carrying it, and so likely to drop it, right?

@Saxen: Sorry, I don't understand your question...? I'm not saying it isn't the kinght for certain, but wouldn't s/he be likely to drop it more easily than someone with a much quieter job?

...Does that make any sense? I don't know what I'm talking anymore XD

That's what I mean - they mentioned one mishap and it would smash, which they may possibly not have mentioned if someone more capable was carrying it???

Gahhh I don't know what I'm talking about anymore either XD XDD So ruddy confusing!

EDIT: If Rutu was the Knight though that would leave two spaces open? I counted the mention of five people, two of which I put together as one (that being Voughn and the line about Stargazing, putting him in Altador with the Cloud Negg). That leaves four people that the person is writing about, AND the person writing, which makes five. Making me think they were the one to take the Clockwork Negg.... does this make any sense? D:

Oh man... I am so confused...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make sure your posts are at 7 words or higher.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Well, no, the way I see it, Voughn went to Altador with the Cloud Negg, indeed, Rutu went to Shenkuu and Selvin to Kiko Lake. Can't remember what reasoning I did that made me sure that Selvin isn't the one carrying the clockwork negg (apart from the fact that, since his name is mentioned, he can't be the one writing the entries, and so can't be the one who discovered the clockwork negg - supposedly the one who discovered it is also the one who carries it?) , though I know I had one at the time...

... So, anyway. I think it's either Ricky or Hurok. And in Lost Desert, most probably. The other one of them is either the knight, either some other thing (if Rutu is the knight). Doesn't really matter who the knight is, I guess, it's still down to the two of them. I never thought about the order of the characters, though... As in, the order they appear in the drop-down menu is also the order they appear in the image... If that's the case, it could very well be Hurok, since he's carrying a book (although I used to think that those maps in his bag are for Astronomy...)

I don't know. *sigh*

I went ahead and guessed Hurok in the Lost Desert. It could be a long shot, but from my own deductions and listening to what all you guys had to say it seemed to make the most sense. Though it's hard to make sense out of any of this, since they didn't leave us very many clues. Darn you TNT!

Well, no, the way I see it, Voughn went to Altador with the Cloud Negg, indeed, Rutu went to Shenkuu and Selvin to Kiko Lake. Can't remember what reasoning I did that made me sure that Selvin isn't the one carrying the clockwork negg (apart from the fact that, since his name is mentioned, he can't be the one writing the entries, and so can't be the one who discovered the clockwork negg - supposedly the one who discovered it is also the one who carries it?) , though I know I had one at the time...

... So, anyway. I think it's either Ricky or Hurok. And in Lost Desert, most probably. The other one of them is either the knight, either some other thing (if Rutu is the knight). Doesn't really matter who the knight is, I guess, it's still down to the two of them. I never thought about the order of the characters, though... As in, the order they appear in the drop-down menu is also the order they appear in the image... If that's the case, it could very well be Hurok, since he's carrying a book (although I used to think that those maps in his bag are for Astronomy...)

I don't know. *sigh*

I agree that either Ricky or Hurok has the Clockwork Negg in the Lost Desert. I thought that the person writing couldn't be the knight (or it's very unlikely) because he's talking about the knight not wanting to carry it - surely he'd just say "I" if he was the knight?

I just thought it was the Poogle cause he's the only one carrying books, and someone's got to be writing these entries - he must have scrolls and whatnot with him. Astronomer.. perhaps, but to me that just seems a bit redundant, they must have maps? :S

I swear I'm confusing myself even more now xD Unless someone comes up with a theory that makes more sense than what I have in my head I'm sticking with Hurok in LD :P