Mysterious Negg Journey - Solve The Puzzle!

hrtbrk

The more I think of it, the more I'm certain it really is Hurok in LD as well. It's just... well, sad that both choices are the first from the drop-down menu (LD is first in the land menu and Hurok is first in the character menu) - is that normal?

If that is actually the answer that's classic TNT XD

I'm pretty much more confused by the minute. i think there are a lot more clues in there than we are finding, just in what seem to be casual or irrelevant statements. But it says somewhere that the longer you take to answer the lesser the prize, so i reckon it's worth an educated guess now and change it if the clues suggest otherwise.

I'm putting in for Ricky in the Lost Desert. LD for sure, in my opinion. Ricky... just a gut feeling.

I had that same feeling, but I went by the order of the picture and the names .... which now looking at it doesn't make sense because Selvin clearly isn't the Kau..... or is he?? Man I am so confused.

This is what I have for sure. Mind you I may not be correct, but

Selvin - Won't LD, Won't BV, Can't be Shenkuu, Can't be Altador - that leaves KIKO LAKE

Voughn - Cloud Negg & Altador (Referencing the star gazing part)

Rutu - Shenkuu & ?

Ricky/Hurok =

Knight - No Clockwork Negg - Must be Lost Desert & ?

Mystery - Glass negg & Brightvale

Clockwork Negg - Not Brightvale, Not Altador

That leaves Selvin or Rutu with the Clockwork Negg

Just a thought but:

Today was the day that we settled on who would be going to Shenkuu. One team member, Rutu, seemed particularly enthusiastic to be going, saying that it had been a longtime dream to visit such an exotic location..." ...Another mentioned that now is an ideal time for stargazing, since the night skies are unusually clear this time of year. On the other hand, things got kind of awkward when the knight of the group stated that being the one to transport the clockwork Negg was absolutely out of the question. Nobody else had an issue with doing it, though, so it didn't become an issue."

Could that mean they were already discussing the clockwork negg as the were talking about Rutu leaving for Shenkuu? That Rutu wouldn't be the one taking the negg, and the knight feared it would be placed on him? If so that make Selvin the carrier of the Clockwork Negg to Kiko Lake

I'm fairly certain that Rutu went to Shenkuu, there's that whole discussion about exotic locations and Rutu mentioning that s/he has always wanted to visit that place. Could be a red herring, but I doubt it.

@ashleyw7790: Why are you so quick to disregard Ricky and Hurok as handling the clockwork negg?

I went ahead and chose Ricky because it bugged me that Hurok was top of the list. Might go back and change it at some point, I don't know...

This is what I have for sure. Mind you I may not be correct, but

Selvin - Won't LD, Won't BV, Can't be Shenkuu, Can't be Altador - that leaves KIKO LAKE

Voughn - Cloud Negg & Altador (Referencing the star gazing part)

Rutu - Shenkuu & ?

Ricky/Hurok =

Knight - No Clockwork Negg - Must be Lost Desert & ?

Mystery - Glass negg & Brightvale

Clockwork Negg - Not Brightvale, Not Altador

That leaves Selvin or Rutu with the Clockwork Negg

Just a thought but:

Today was the day that we settled on who would be going to Shenkuu. One team member, Rutu, seemed particularly enthusiastic to be going, saying that it had been a longtime dream to visit such an exotic location..." ...Another mentioned that now is an ideal time for stargazing, since the night skies are unusually clear this time of year. On the other hand, things got kind of awkward when the knight of the group stated that being the one to transport the clockwork Negg was absolutely out of the question. Nobody else had an issue with doing it, though, so it didn't become an issue."

Could that mean they were already discussing the clockwork negg as the were talking about Rutu leaving for Shenkuu? That Rutu wouldn't be the one taking the negg, and the knight feared it would be placed on him? If so that make Selvin the carrier of the Clockwork Negg to Kiko Lake

By this reasoning there are 6 people on the voyage, but there's only supposed to be five. The Mystery (Glass Negg and Brightvale) needs to be allocated to someone in order for this to make sense.

Also why must the Knight have to go to the Lost Desert? You haven't accounted for the possible whereabouts of Ricky/Hurok, The Knight could be in Brightvale.

Edit: ..... I'm getting confused, bare with me! XD

Edit again: afsaoifasofnlkj no. Taking a break. My mind isn't functioning anymore, been thinking about this since I woke up and it's frazzled me.

couldn't voughn go to shenkuu seeing its on top of a mountain, more clouds up there?

True but Altador is more commonly referred to as a place of constalations. Only my feelings, but when the plot was happening for them, one of the main things you had to do was map the constalations.

I'm fairly certain that Rutu went to Shenkuu, there's that whole discussion about exotic locations and Rutu mentioning that s/he has always wanted to visit that place. Could be a red herring, but I doubt it.

@ashleyw7790: Why are you so quick to disregard Ricky and Hurok as handling the clockwork negg?

I went ahead and chose Ricky because it bugged me that Hurok was top of the list. Might go back and change it at some point, I don't know...

I don't know, it was just from reading the clues and putting everyone where I though they'd go. Like I said only guessing, I may not be right. I didn't do it with a graph or anything.

By this reasoning there are 6 people on the voyage, but there's only supposed to be five. The Mystery (Glass Negg and Brightvale) needs to be allocated to someone in order for this to make sense.

Also why must the Knight have to go to the Lost Desert? You haven't accounted for the possible whereabouts of Ricky/Hurok, The Knight could be in Brightvale.

Edit: ..... I'm getting confused, bare with me! XD

I put Ricky/Huruk with an equals sign referring to the bottom statement after that. I believe I only had five

That's alright :)! Me too!!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I put Ricky/Huruk with an equals sign referring to the bottom statement after that. I believe I only had five

That's alright :)! Me too!!

Rahhheeeeeaally didn't see that XD I'm sorry! My eyes are going funny, I read that as one of these "-". That does make sense, but the Knight could have taken the Glass Negg to Brightvale so it could be either/or...

TNT, you have officially ruined me for the next 5 days.

Just a thought but:

that's my line of thinking in a nutshell, and i guessed Kiko Lake & Selvin, since Selvin & Rutu are the only characters that we can be sure isn't the knight. But i could be completely wrong - i'll just visit tomorrow and see what's what, then change if i need to XD

oh my goodness you guys have been working hard! (as always), I however took a quick look at Jellyneo's grid, and just guessed rutu, shenkuu... ummm just cos it's Friday ha ha ha, I shall keep my eyes/ears/logic part of brain peeled ready for more clues :)

i did a logic chart and there is really insufficient information to really work out who took what, even if you make tonnes of assumptions like i ended up doing (based on the order of entries i then ruled out what lands had been discussed on etc)

so TNT is probably going to release more clues, but if they do so then the "prize" will be a lesser valued one. so i guessed xD since you can change it later and there is a 1/8 chance i won't have to.. :P *fingers crossed*

edit: i had a look at JN guide too, its set out a bit like mine, but i do not get how they got that selwin went to kiko lake, in my chart i could only rule out lost desert, brightvale and shenkuu, so he could go to altador.

If I had to guess, judging from what we know of the names of other neopet knights, I could not assume that the knight's name is Ricky. I think that's who the author of the journal is, which makes Hurok, the knight.

Just guessing, I don't really have solid evidence - just a guess.

Hello. This is my first posting in the forum. Hope I helped. :)

I drew a 5 by 4 table and filled in what I got after a logic table (columns by names, "occupation", Negg, place):

1. Selvin : wizard
  2. Knight : clockwork
  3. Rutu : glass
  4. Glass : Brightvale
  5. Vaught : Cloud

I agree that there is not enough information to fully fill in the logic table. But if you draw the table, you will see that there are overlaps and additional thinking could help to solve it. To note is that according to the table, 1 and 4, and 2 and 3 looks like they can fit together, but they don't (e.g. Selvin refused to go to Brightvale).

I have 2 assumptions that helped me narrow down further.

1. The uber-powerful Neg will mostly likely not be mentioned in the entries as a specific type of Negg. 2, 4, and 5 cannot work (since it mentions what type of Neg it is). Likely, the person to carry the uber-powerful Negg had already been selected prior to the rest of the Neggs' carriers. Thus, the person is likely not the one who selects the Negg they want to take (not knight nor Vaught). From here, the Negg is likely to have gone with Selvin, the glass carrier or Rutu.
  2. "the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations" means that they have likely earlier on selected a location for the uber-powerful. The sentence appears to be a justification for hiding another Negg (the clockwork). They decided who should have gone to Shenkuu. In other words, that is probably not a location that was originally designated for the uber-powerful Negg. Thus not Rutu. (If you think about it, the wizard is mighty suspicious what with refusing certain places and all.)

The locations we are left with are Altador and Kiko Lake. Looking back, Altador has been selected by someone who likes star-gazing already.

Therefore, my answer is Selvin in Kiko Lake! :D

I might be late, but did you know in the 'solve the puzzle' tab, if you click on a name, in the circle next to it, it shows you who you're referring to.

Rutu is the poggle

Ricky is the kiko

Selvin is the ixi

Voughn is the kau

Hurok is the xweetok

I'm sorry if I wasn't the first to uncover this, but I wanted to share that if it helped any.

I might be late, but did you know in the 'solve the puzzle' tab, if you click on a name, in the circle next to it, it shows you who you're referring to.

Rutu is the poggle

Ricky is the kiko

Selvin is the ixi

Voughn is the kau

Hurok is the xweetok

I'm sorry if I wasn't the first to uncover this, but I wanted to share that if it helped any.

Woah! I didn't even NOTICE that!! Nice find! This definitely alters things a little...

Rutu is the poggle

Ricky is the kiko

Selvin is the ixi

Voughn is the kau

Hurok is the xweetok

I think this is new ... they didn't have it before

anyway I guessed the following

Rutu - Shenkuu

Selvin - Kiko Lake

Ricky - Altador

Hurok - Lost Desert

Voughn - Brightvale