Mysterious Negg Journey: Part 2!

hrtbrk

After discovering that Rutu the Botanist was carrying the Clockwork Negg, we have come to discover that Rutu has died! However, we have another puzzle to solve.

neggjourney3.png

Start off by clicking the scrolls located in her backpack. This will reveal a set of scrolls. On the left side, there will be a list of negg "patterns." Pick the negg that matches your blank chart on the right (there is a symbol at the top of the blank chart that will tell you)

neggjourney2.png

As we can see, there are 3 colors and 3 symbols. Match the side of the negg's symbol to the symbol choice on the top of the scroll - you will have three sides but six symbols on the scroll. Each symbol will be used three times, and each color will be used three times. The scroll gives you hints as to where to place colors and symbols - they will overlap in some cases. The main think to look for is that there are three of each symbol used, one of each color.

You will need to complete this three times (use the arrows at the bottom of your Clockwork Negg!

(You have until the end of the day on 4/22 to complete this part of the Mysterious Negg event. But don't wait until the last second, for there will be more to do afterward!)

I don't understand how it works... We have to fit the forms on the scroll on the corresponding negg side?

For example, I have only two colours, and two shapes, how does this works, If i'm suposed to have a shape of each colour... Arrrgh! i need help :sad02:

Capturadepantalla2012-04-19alas094709.png

I don't understand how it works... We have to fit the forms on the scroll on the corresponding negg side?

Yup! The info on the left side will show part of the pattern. Match it up on your blank sheet. The stuff on the left may overlap (for example one preview may be red on one side, and the flower on the other side... you would submit a red flower on that square.

lol

Hard to explain. Hopefully someone can explain it more accurately. :(

Your puzzle solving skills are unmatched!

It's too bad about that whole toxic dark matter thing, though... anyhow, you solved the Clockwork Negg's puzzles, allowing you to unlock it and reveal what was inside. If nothing else, you have the following things that you grabbed from the botanist to reward you for your effort...

Spring Negg Wig

Rainbow Cybunny Negg Cookie

Strawberry Plant

Hanging Vines

Negg Noodles Stamp

How to solve:

You have 3 symbols and 3 colors, which means that you have to fill every tile with a unique combination of symbol and color.

There are two kind of hints:

Color spots and "blocks" of symbols.

Start with the easiest. If the color spots are easier, then select the color and put it on the corresponding tile(s). Then look at the "blocks" of symbols. Some already have colors, some don't. Try to figure where the colored symbols can be. Then put the remaining symbols of the "block". When colors and "blocks" are placed, you have to ensure that you have 3 colors for each symbols (you can have more that one symbol per row or column).

If the "blocks" of symbols are easier, then place them so as it fits the grid (can't loop, e.g. put the block starting at the lowest row and ends in the top row). Then you can fill in the empty tiles with the symbols that aren't already placed 3 times in the grid. And then, put the color on your symbols

Good luck

Does anyone else adore the wig as much as I do? :* Compared to yesterday, I'm loving these prizes. Especially since we get to read the Negg Scrolls, too. And I was afraid that today would be a battle, pffft. Now to relax and wait for the next part.

Edit: Oh, Mireia, I had that one. Start with the signals going diagnolly to the right. Place them just like that one the board. Then go to the blue diagonal line. The symbol in the middle will have to be blue because of that. After that, it's kinda trial and error, but keep going until you have 1 of each symbol in each color. :D

Step1.jpg

For this one, start by placing the color symbols. Then apply the "blocks" so that you have each symbol with all 3 distinct colors.

Step2.jpg

For this one, start with the "blocks" of symbols. As you can see, both blocks start with the "shield" symbol. Hence you cannot put it on row 1 and row 2 since the yellow color applies for those spots. Hence those blocks must be on row 2 and row 3. Now both blocks have a "flame" symbol at the middle, so the center of the grid has a red "flame" to follow the color pattern.

Now that you've placed the red "shield" and the red "flame", left is the red "wings?" And since we know that the last red spot is top-right corner, you can safely put that red "wings" there.

Now, if you put the "block" with the "wings" at the end at the bottom row of the grid, it must be a yellow "wing" at the bottom-right corner (to follow the color pattern). This means that the only yellow symbol remainig is the "flame" and has to be placed at the top-left corner (to follow the color pattern). If you do so, you will have 4 "flames" on your grid:

- top-left corner, yellow,

- center of the grid, red,

- right next to center of grid (to follow the "block" pattern)

- center of the bottom row

So you cannot place that "block" with the "wings" at the end at the bottom. It must then go to the middle row of the gird.

There are two kind of hints:

Color spots and "blocks" of symbols.

Start with the easiest. If the color spots are easier, then select the color and put it on the corresponding tile(s). Then look at the "blocks" of symbols. Some already have colors, some don't. Try to figure where the colored symbols can be. Then put the remaining symbols of the "block". When colors and "blocks" are placed, you have to ensure that you have 3 colors for each symbols (you can have more that one symbol per row or column).

If the "blocks" of symbols are easier, then place them so as it fits the grid (can't loop, e.g. put the block starting at the lowest row and ends in the top row). Then you can fill in the empty tiles with the symbols that aren't already placed 3 times in the grid. And then, put the color on your symbols

Good luck

Thanks, I did the first one, I didn't know I had to fill the empty spaces with symbols not appearing in the scroll :D

@supersilentt Here's my pattern solved: Here (I don't post the image, because I don't want to spoil the puzzle... It's a link to Photobucket

when I completed my three puzzles (I wonder if the other 3 clockwork egg sides will be released?) I recieved:

clo_fony14_wig_spring.gifSpring Negg Wig (wearable)bak_cyneggcookie_rain.gifRainbow Cybunny Negg Cookie ( How has this cookie not crumbled by now?)

gar_strawberries.gifStrawberry Plant (neohome)gif_hangingvines_garland.gifHanging Vines (wearable)

andsta_neggnoodles.gif Negg Noodles Stamp

Too bad about a week ago I got the hanging vines for 2.png they are likely to deflate now in my opinion

=edit= I forgot to add thisboo_fony14_negg_scroll.gifAncient Negg Scrolls earned by clicking the bag with scrolls next to rutu also by clicking there you make the clockwork negg solveable

I don't understand anything please help me I don't want to lose just like the previous puzzle :(

if I put a Screenie of my negg can someone plz solve it for me ?? I'm on the verge of tears here :sad02:

Thanks for the help guys .. I finally solved it and got all the pretty prezzies :)

I don't understand anything please help me I don't want to lose just like the previous puzzle :(

Look at the examples provided by savamal, you fill the negg with the patterns provided and then fill the gaps until you get three symbols of each (one in every colour) and then just submit the answers... (I wish i could explain myself better...)

Simply put, there is 3 colors and 3 patterns and that makes for the total of 9 unique negg combinations. Put each and everyone of them into the 3*3 grids on the right side and make it so that there are matching sets with all the hint sets from the left size. Start from the biggest hint set down is the way to solve.

A very simple/basic guide to how I solved my puzzles

1. first off as far as I can tell no two puzzles are alike *EDIT* this has been disproven here www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/32888-help-me-solve-my-negg-please/ by hrtbrk
  2. match up the topmost symbol on the negg to one of the six symbols on the top of the scroll this makes sure you are looking at the right clues
  3. every puzzle has 3 of each colour and 3 total of each shape/marking
  4. look at savamal's puzzle see how each color appears 3 times but in that set each marking appears once
  5. in the clues a white/blue symbol dictates that the colour is unknown
  6. a plain coloured circle indicates that the marking is unknown
  7. now this logic puzzle must be logical so in the clues if you see the same colour and symbol pair twice take note that they overlap
  8. after overlaying your clues on the board decide which colour marking combos are not already on the board and fill missing spaces
  9. submit, and either earn prizes, or try try again then earn prizes. (as far as I can tell total number of submissions have no effect on you)

I hope this makes sense if not sorry

Also, to those who don't understand the puzzle, don't forget first of all to match your scroll to the symbol shown at the top of the Mysterious Negg! I know it's been said before, but better safe than sorry!

Sweet, got it done in less than five minutes, I wish we had more puzzles like this! :D

I really dont get it.

HELP ME...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't double post, and make sure your posts are at 7 words or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I have done this lot of 3 puzzles today. Is this all I have to do up until the 22/4

I was told I was correct but didn't see or get any prizes apart from the scroll in my inventory

Angelo if you put a screenie up of your negg and chart I can try to help you

I have now got the prizes for the puzzles....Not sure if I like this bit of the mystery negg journey

Solved cool.

Another method of steps:

1 - make sure top left symbol on the scroll is the same as top middle symbol of the negg. (there are 6 possible for the scroll and you only need to solve 3 for the negg)

2 - The clues all must match with the negg's 3 by 3 square. Note that there are technically FOUR colors (purple yellow red AND UNCOLORED)

3 - Put down tetris shapes onto your 3x3 square according to color and symbol. (the tetris pieces can overlap)

4 - If you find a combination that works write that part down - ive been using X, square, Triangle for the symbols and purple, yellow, red.

5 - fill in the rest of the 3x3 so that there are 3 of each symbol and 3 of each color.

Using the first post as an example:

(note that the scroll and negg symbol are wrong in the example so dont make that mistake)

1 - the clues have two 2x2 tetris blocks that have 3 purple and 3 red in them. The only way that those two shapes fit on the 3x3 is if the two L's of color start on the bottom left corner and middle block of the 3x3.

2 - If the bottom left block is the purple tetris > the middle block must be an X symbol. This cannot work because the middle block must be the Red Square symbol. Thus the Red tetris must start on the bottom left and the Purple tetris on the middle of the 3x3.

3 - the 3rd clue has a yellow square which can Only fit on the bottom Right of the 3x3 because the middle block is already a purple square (combining clues 1 and 2).

4 - You now have the basic formation of the clues and need to fill in the rest.

5 - The basic formation already has a all the square colors filled and 3 red colors placed. There is a red square and red Triangle and so the last red Must be the last symbol, the X symbol.

6 - Now you have 2 X colored symbols and so the last top right X must be yellow.

7 - the top left and top middle blocks must be triangles symbols because there is nothing left. this makes the top middle a purple triangle and bottom middle a red triangle. the top left is a yellow triangle symbol. done.

hope this helps even a little bit

Angelo if you put a screenie up of your negg and chart I can try to help you

Thanks a lot :D i was able to solve 2 pieces on my own (with a miracle) ... and graymyca helped me solve the last piece :)

wheeeew :D

i almost died trying to solve it, until someone told me its one of each color/symbol (all the permultations were making me feel :S) after that i managed to get it! ^_^ otherwise i thought even 3 days wouldn't have been enough :laughingsmiley:

i like the wig :P

I actually found this rather difficult, it took me 3 hours to complete it as I didn't look at any cheats... maybe I should have though, it took a very long time.

But its done now and I got some pretty cool prizes. :D

Question, if you get one of the things wrong can you still guess today, or would you have to wait until tomorrow? I'm sorta stuck on one, and I think I got it figured, but at the same time I'm not sure so I want to know if I'm only able to solve it once a day before I hit submit.

Question, if you get one of the things wrong can you still guess today, or would you have to wait until tomorrow? I'm sorta stuck on one, and I think I got it figured, but at the same time I'm not sure so I want to know if I'm only able to solve it once a day before I hit submit.

No problem, I got wrong many times and I finally got all the prizes, don't worry and go ahead