Guilds..

angellicaz

I hadn't been in a guild in ages before I joined my current one recently. To be fair, especially if you click with others in it, a guild is amazing. It develops inside jokes and stuff and is just like a group of friends in school, only the school is neopets, which is brilliant :D

I used to be in a guild that was very active. Then eventually the owner of the guild had a busy life and passed it down to me to run but then college came...sooo we talked about what we should do and in the end, we just closed it down.

It was very fun, but it was hard to be active and update often since that was what kept us interesting. After that I haven't joined any other guilds and kind of don't want to.

I'd really like to be part of an active guild but I'm not quite sure as to how to get into one and I don't even really know what I'm looking for.. at present, I'm just a member of the TDN fans guild.

I've been really active in guilds before, but not for a long time now... maybe three years? I've been in guilds since then, but none that had people I got to be good friends with, just guilds I felt like of like a third wheel in. xP There was a guild wayyyy back when I first started playin Neopets that I was in for two years, a guild when I was fifteen-ish that was Disney themed, and I think one Harry Potter guild when I was sixteen or seventeen. All the leaders and my friends from those guilds have quit, though, so I'm almost a lone ranger on Neopets now. I just can't get into guilds anymore, no matter how nice the people seem, so I stopped trying. I don't really talk on the Neoboards anymore either, so that might have something to do with it.

I have only ever been in one guild that I felt I belonged in, and I felt close to the other members. That was a long time ago, at least five or so years. After a while the guild just.... died. No one was active. I stopped posting, and then eventually left.

I may join another guild, but probably not.

Guilds are too awkward for me. Everything's all jumbled up on one board, and it feels like most players are in the wrong timezone for me to have any decent conversation. I did join one for a short period of time when I first came back, but everyone was already best friends so I felt like an intruder. Never mind the lengths it took to actually find a public, active guild...

I'm in a guild but it is extremely inactive. Probably less than one post a month on the boards but I don't bother switching. I guess I've been in that guild for close to 5 years now I think and I'm pretty attached...I don't want to have to start out as a newbie somewhere else. We used to be extremely active but then the boards were moving TOO fast so they switched the guild to sort of an adults only type of thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I joined mine last year. It is basically a Team Meridell AC support group *lol* There are no giveaways or contests or things like that, so we aren't pressured to be active daily, which I like. I hated the pressure of being an active member or getting kicked out. The guild comes alive at this time of year, and then we all fade into the woodwork and carry on with our lives :)

I've tried to join various guilds over the years but I can never get into them. I always feel left out or like I'm missing a beat, plus I never really know what I'm looking for. I'd love to be an active member of a great guild but unfortunately I prefer to be in charge than just a member, so really I should make my own... but then that's time I should be spending working, really. Oh decisions!

I've been part of a somewhat unconventional guild because we mostly don't make use of the NeoGuild feature anymore. It's been up and running for about 10 years now and I'm glad to say it's still going strongg, so it's great to have a little Neo-family :D Doing mostly adoptions, but we have our fun too!

I'm in a stock guild, and I don't know how the owners keep updating the front page with a new stocks article every day but they somehow kindly manage it :) It's very cool and useful to benefit from their experience with stocks. The message boards are pretty active, maybe a few posts every day, and the members seem lovely :)

I was in a different guild before this one, an 18+ guild, which was extremely active and seemed friendly enough, but there was a lot of pressure on members to post or be kicked out (you had to send them a neomail if you were going on holiday!). I sort of see where they are coming from, trying to keep the guild active, but I like to feel a bit more laid back about posting and not feel pressured into it, so am very pleased with the guild I'm in now :)

I think guilds can be pretty awesome if you find one that is good for you. I was in one for a long time that no longer exists and I really miss it. I would love to join one now but I haven't been able to find any that are right for me, to be honest I haven't really looked much either. If anyone has one or belongs to one they think would be good send me a PM! :)

Guilds can be great if the owners are, but if the owners are terrible then the whole experience is going to be the worst. I'd stay away from guilds that have those crazy rules like, you must post fifteen times a day or you'll be kicked out. It's really hard to find a guild that has your interests and is also run by nice people, but if you do find one, it's very rewarding!

Some guilds usually have some special things to them. The guild I joined (Neopia city) has 1 np auctions, points system. A system where you trade neggs, dubloons, codestones and also recruit people for points which can be redeemed for items. (paintbrushes, bottled faeries, etc.) There's also petpet and pet adoption center.

I'm in three guilds (one on each side), and two of them are very close. We call eachother by our names (or supposed names, since it is the internet) and everyone is really nice. The third one I'm incredibly active in, even though it's quite inpersonal and nobody really knows eachother.

I really like guilds. Especially during the summer when I have nothing better to do. During the school year, I usually just neomail the guild leader so they don't delete me. xD