Debate on stocks

maidela

I love using the stock market to make NPs but I've so far only bought stocks at 15NP a share. Recently, I've been noticing that the KSON stock is always higher than I remember. I remember a while ago seeing it in the 800s and now its over 1000NP!

So, is it worth to buy into a share that's so expensive? Does it ever go down drastically?

Is there a place where someone has kept tabs on it? Maybe that way we could figure out it's worth in general.

Personally, I wouldn't go for it... the whole point of the stock market is to buy LOW and sell high. Also, it would be awful if the price started plummeting one day. Maybe the stocks will never reach the KSON level, but if you keep at it you should profit pretty well.

http://www.neodaq.com/charts/ReportCard.php

That's from Neodaq.com. I think the grades are based on the stock performances in the past, so you could check out that and the rest of the site. :)

some people do this and call it "overnight stocks" they buy it high and wait a few hours , then sell it even if it lost a few points .. then they do the same the next night ... it's def. a huge risk esp. when it doesnt rise for a few days (or even weeks)

Don't do it unless you're ready to lose NP or have a lot of NP, and if you're able to watch your stocks carefully. Usually only experienced Stock Marketers do this and I wouldn't advise you doing it if you're new to the Market. Just stick to buying at 15 and waiting a few months :P

I've been doing stocks for years now so I'm actually pretty good at it. I buy at 15ish and sell them when they hit 45 and the ones I know to tend to go up to 60 at 60. I make great profit even though it can be rather slow. Yet, it's still faster than the interest @ bank :P

I would definitely not buy stocks that high. I generally only buy ones that are 15NP. :) If you become more experienced in stocks, then maybe? but I think it's just too much of a risk!

I also personally think it's too risky. When I knew nothing about the stock market (about 4 months ago) I bought a stock that was 47 neopoints (luckily only 50 shares of it) and I still haven't been able to sell it because the stock isn't rising back up that high (I'm really impatient). I always stick with 15np shares and sell at 40 :)

I would say keep buying low and selling high. First of all, its much less risky, and also, you can buy more shares with the same amount of money. Although it seems like KSON's value went up a lot, it really isn't that much when you look at how many percent it went up (only around 25% profit, compared to the 100% you would make buying at 15 and selling at 30)

The one argument that convinced me most was about the profit percentage. Yeah you can buy more with the same amount of money but truly the goal is to make massive profit and so buying high but not having as much profit as buying low is a waste.

thanks for the different arguments brought forth though :)

I would not buy stocks that high either, I stick to the ones which are generally low (at least less than 20) but I generally don't sell until the profit is more than 300%. The stocks are such a great way to make np's. You just have to be very patient. :D

If you want to be on the safe side, buying low and selling high is the best way to go. I opted to take a chance and bought a pretty high stock...and now it's just sitting there because I apparently bought it after it started going down. So far, it's just plummeting and hasn't went up at all, so I'm left with NPs stuck in stocks in hopes that one day it will go back up.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the stock market. I only ever buy at 15/16 and then just hang onto them until at least 65 before I sell.  My bank account rose by 10,000,000 NP is a relatively short period just by doing this.  I don't think I've ever actually lost anything playing - the worst that happens is that I miss a big sell and have to sell at 80 instead of 120.  But it's such a great and easy way to make Neopets and it's fun!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same for me - buy low (15/16) sell high (60). I'm not very consistent with it, especially after I started food club, so sometimes I'll come back to my portfolio after a few months, pleasantly surprised that a stock has rose to 100+! 

• 5 months later...

Hi there,for those who love the stock shares of Neopets,I got an odd question. Do you know if there is a guild that is into the stock market? There are some Battledome guilds with a decent amount of members but recently I am inclined to join a guild that keeps an eye on the Neopian stock shares, however, almost all the guilds I found were dead/abandoned. Therefore I ask if you might know of an active one. Thank you for your time & good day