Vote For Neggbreaker Glitch Solution!

hrtbrk

During the Neggbreaker portion of the Festival of Neggs, there was a glitch that rewarded battlers 100k points for defeating him, when it was intended to reward 10 points per win.

TNT is now allowing us to vote on the solution, giving two options.

The "Solution"

We've looked into the issue over this past week and it boils down to:

Player Scores - FIXABLE

This will take time, but is a simple fix. We can set the Neggbreaker to his intended point value and then recalculate player scores. Players will still get credit for each defeat - 10 points per win rather than 100k.

Neopet Scores - UNFIXABLE

We can't fix these at all. We've theorised a number of different solutions that fall apart once tested. Basically, the way this data is stored prevents us from going back and updating this score at all

Look at both and vote on the one you think is the fairest solution. If you are not affected by the glitch or you have no preference in the scores, there is no obligation to vote. Additionally, there will be no prizes or items rewarded for voting.

The poll will close at 23:59:59 NST on May 6th, 2012.

I think I may have actually received 100k but seeing as I know nothing about battle, nor the point value, it makes zero difference to me! o_0; I'm only guessing I got the glitch because I don't recall ChristelleFairy's battle score being so high before. (106, 787) x_o

I think this is more of an issue for users who care for the battle portion. I'll opt to fix the half of the glitch, since it's unfair to those who really do battle.

It's nice of TNT to allow us some in-put. I appreciate that.

Apparently the glitch got me, just looked at my pet's Battledome points and was quite surprised.

I voted to fix the players' scores as isn't an unfair advantage towards anyone who was not hit with the glitch, and also for members joining Neopets after the glitch and wanting to battle their pet, chances are they'll run into a lot of Neopets with high scores.

I do wish they could fix both D: It's kind of weird to look at my battle log and see that it has over 1 mill points. Eh, I think I'll pass on voting and just see what others want since I don't really care either way.

Battledome 1 1 0 100,088

Strange, that.

Thanks for alerting me to the poll--I voted to fix half. I don't see a huge problem with having your battledome score not consistent with your pets' scores, and why not fix as much as you can?

Looks like that won pretty overwhelmingly on TDN, at least.

I'm a bit surprised that TNT did put it to a vote -- everyone seems to be voting to fix it, but if it wasn't fixed it would severely impact all the BDers! I saw some of the topics on the boards at the time... one battle against an extremely easy opponent gave a better score than some of these active BDers were able to rack up in months and over thousands of battles.

It's nice to be asked about things every once in a while though!

It's very nice how they're letting the players vote and being frank that a mistake was made and that they are trying to fix it! Go TNT!

I thought the same!!! TNT is caring about the users!

what does having more points even mean?

For people who are into battledoming, the points are a status symbol. The more battles you win, or win against tougher opponents, the higher your points are.

See here, http://www.neopets.com/battledome/bd_userlookup.phtml?userlookup=scoptophobia

That's the link to my BD scores. I've battled 157 times, and won 151 of those battles. I should have a score of about 8,000. But because of the Neggbreaker, I have a score of 108,029. That is a score that battledomers would have had to work towards for years to get.

Other than that, the scores mean nothing. It is just a way to get an idea of how good a battledomer someone is.

I voted for half the scores to be fixed, as I imagine everyone who didn't abuse that glitch would XD

It would make sense to fix the user scores, since the reflect the user's own BD stats. Due to pets being transferrable, it is wholly possible that users with pets with high scores didn't achieve any of the score themselves anyway, so if those scores are a little out of wack, it wouldn't be as bad.

It would make sense to fix the user scores, since the reflect the user's own BD stats. Due to pets being transferrable, it is wholly possible that users with pets with high scores didn't achieve any of the score themselves anyway, so if those scores are a little out of wack, it wouldn't be as bad.

There are scores for the user themselves, with all the battles they have been in, and then stats on their pet's lookup that says that pet's score- so the scores are fair, looking at it like that. If a user has borrowed someone's pet to win all their battles, you could tell just by looking at the pets they have, or vice versa.

EDIT: Lol, I totally did not read your post closely enough. Sorry! I kind of thought you were talking about fixing the scores overall.

I wasn't affected by the glitch (not that I know of) but I voted to fix the player's score :) I think that's the fairest option personally.

Eek! I guess i'm in the minority here, but i voted for not fixing any of it. :whofarted: The fact that my pet's score won't match up with mine just really gets under my skin... And although I understand that pets get transferred and such a lot and aren't generally consistent with user scores anyway, I'd really rather keep the scoring equal. it isn't fair, but... eh, i guess the majority will decide anyway, which is fine by me. :P