Items sold for less than they were priced?

ispreno

Hello, I haven't found a topic regarding this so I thought I would sign up and check if anyone might know anything about it:

Basically I put some items for sale in my store, and after checking the prices in the Shop Wizard, I priced them and left them. A few hours later, I checked my store history and some of these items were bought--for a lower price than they were priced.

I'd placed a Bitten Red Apple and a Pear up for sale, both maybe around 1,200-1,500NP each, however they were both sold for only 1000NP. I am pretty sure I did not make a mistake pricing the items, so I was wondering if anyone has ever encountered the same issue?

It's not quite a matter of the NP but it just bothers me and I can't help wondering if my account has been compromised or is there some sort of script that enables one to buy things for less than they are worth?

I checked the identities of the two (separate) people who made the sale, and I don't want to post their usernames if I am not sure if anything is wrong, but they have items in their shops that are typically ridiculously cheap (Broken Left Sandal and what have you) going for ridiculously high (couple of tens of thousands) prices. Does that signal anything?

Thanks for any light that you guys can shed on this topic.

The only way the items could have been sold for less than what you had posted them as is if someone else got into your account and changed their price.

I would suggest double checking the prices you make your items in the future because I don't really think someone would go into an account just to mark down items a few hundred Neopoints. But then again, maybe they would so that it would give them time to get onto their other account without having the item sniped...hmm.

If you haven't already, but a pin on your shop and change your password as a safety precaution.

Someone must have lowered the price.

But if someone got in your account, I don't get why they'd take an item worth 1.5k and only lower it to 1k...

And wouldn't they just take the item? :S

They may have been hoping that she didn't notice the price was lowered...and it seems less suspicious when the item was sold in her shop rather than taken out and gifted to someone else.

Yep have changed my password. But it's also pretty weird that they wouldn't just steal the whole bunch of stuff I have but just lower the prices of a few? Moni, you have a point, but their method of stealth = fail since they should have priced the item at 999NP so I wouldn't get hold of their usernames in the Sales History. Hahahaha.