My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion

flyingeevee

Might as well start this up since I know I CANNOT be the only pony fan of the new generation of "My Little Pony".

Fans of the show already why this show has been voted best new cartoon in 2010, it's fanbase, and just all the amazing things that came from it that shows that we don't have to be "little girls" to truly appreciate it.

For those that don't know about the show or its fanbase, you would be surprised on how much popularity it has gained over a short period of time and just how big it really is to not only fans of all ages, but to even an unlikely audience of older males in college and above!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k59z3Hv0uR8&feature=related

Here's a short video in my opinion on how it started to gain popularity and what makes it different from its past counterparts since whenever you hear of "My Little Pony," there's a good chance you only think of pretty ponies that have tea parties and do other girly things. That is not the complete case with the new generation and I would recommend for anyone to at least give it a shot.

Feel free to talk about anything pony related whether its how awesome G4 ponies are, past generations, favorite ponies, brony community, questions, and everything else! :3

13348674374.png

*brohoofs* /)(\

I knew there had to be another fan here :3

The season finale was VERY well done to me! The songs, the drama, and just a fantastic way to end the series until next season :laughingsmiley:

I wonder what will happen next season? Rumor has it that Discord will return :O

*brohoofs* /)(\

I knew there had to be another fan here :3

The season finale was VERY well done to me! The songs, the drama, and just a fantastic way to end the series until next season :laughingsmiley:

I wonder what will happen next season? Rumor has it that Discord will return :O

I loved the finale, too! The changelings were great! (if not inaccurate to faerie lore.) It really was a fun ending.

Really? I'd love it if Discord returned! He was the best villian so far in the show. :3 Though from what I've read, Season 3 is only scheduled for 13 episodes. :( Only 13? Come on, there has got to be more than that!

Oh! And, the video you've posted is a great documentation. I've found this, too, though be warned it is an hour long, but a very good "documentary".

Yeah having Discord back will be awesome :3

I'm hoping they'll be adding more to season 3 since MLP is one of the Hub's best series!

I love how the fanbase is the main reason so many background ponies are being more known and even Luna is loved more :laughingsmiley:

EDIT: Yeah I've seen that video long ago! I was afraid it would scare off some new people so I tried to find something a bit shorter...the one I posted has a second video to it so if anyone gets more interested, they can just click the next video xD

Yeah having Discord back will be awesome :3

I'm hoping they'll be adding more to season 3 since MLP is one of the Hub's best series!

I love how the fanbase is the main reason so many background ponies are being more known and even Luna is loved more :laughingsmiley:

EDIT: Yeah I've seen that video long ago! I was afraid it would scare off some new people so I tried to find something a bit shorter...the one I posted has a second video to it so if anyone gets more interested, they can just click the next video xD

I do hope the rumours are true, I'd LOVE seeing Discord return! :D

I agree! I mean, I'm sure every brony probably feels like 13 episodes for the next season are not enough!

Ah, I do love the background characters and the fandom memes. That one vid you just posted references quite a few. "Bananas" and "CAUSE YOU'RE ABOUT TO GO BANANAS ON THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!" :D

I find the background ponies just as fun as the mane six. Especially what the fans made of them.

I can see why that video might scare off some people. Looking at the comments, many of them have not been nice, saying the person was "too preachy" or acting all "We are better than you", but it could be the people who took the doc that way when it might not have in fact been aiming in that direction. I adore the videos you've shown, too, which are even better, despite being shorter. :) I loved the bit with Doctor Whooves talking to the cartoon corporate guy with the PPGs in the background. :laughingsmiley:

I wouldn't mind seeing Queen Chrysalis make a return too since she wasn't destroyed or anything...just blasted off like Team Rocket :P

I almost love the background ponies more than the mane 6 (gasp) because on how fans depict them and went along with them. Like Derpy Hooves being Doctor Whooves assistant and is even Dinky Doo's mother ^^ Or that Octavia and Vinyl Scratch work together to make epic music 8D

So yeah um Lady Lyuba...do you like mmmm BANANAS?!? xD

I wouldn't mind seeing Queen Chrysalis make a return too since she wasn't destroyed or anything...just blasted off like Team Rocket :P

I almost love the background ponies more than the mane 6 (gasp) because on how fans depict them and went along with them. Like Derpy Hooves being Doctor Whooves assistant and is even Dinky Doo's mother ^^ Or that Octavia and Vinyl Scratch work together to make epic music 8D

So yeah um Lady Lyuba...do you like mmmm BANANAS?!? xD

That would be totally awesome if we saw a return of Queen Chrysalis as well!

Oh my, ME TOO! Like how Lyra thinks she's a human (maybe she's a human in disguise!) and the shipping of her with Bon Bon (love!) Oh, the controversy behind Derpy is very sad though, and uncalled for. But, luckily she remains an Easter egg in the show! I think the fans have done very well with her character, too, as if she is a 7th addition to the mane cast X)

Haha, this animation was great! I can indeed imagine Vinyl and Octavia as roomma- ZOMG COMIC SERIES IDEA!!!!!!!!!

And, yes I do like bananas - if they are not too ripe. Not like I'll find any ON THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON however!

That would be totally awesome if we saw a return of Queen Chrysalis as well!

Oh my, ME TOO! Like how Lyra thinks she's a human (maybe she's a human in disguise!) and the shipping of her with Bon Bon (love!) Oh, the controversy behind Derpy is very sad though, and uncalled for. But, luckily she remains an Easter egg in the show! I think the fans have done very well with her character, too, as if she is a 7th addition to the mane cast X)

Haha, this animation was great! I can indeed imagine Vinyl and Octavia as roomma- ZOMG COMIC SERIES IDEA!!!!!!!!!

And, yes I do like bananas - if they are not too ripe. Not like I'll find any ON THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON however!

I'll admit some of the shipping goes out of line...like I can't really picture shipping between the mane 6 (except for Rainbow Dash with Fluttershy haha) but with the background ponies, I love it! LyraxBonBon as famous as OctaviaxVinyl Scratch.

I bookmarked a lot of fanfictions I hope to read after the semester is over ^^ Bronies really do have quite the talent when it comes to art, writing, music, etc. I'm just amazed on how we have evolved into a subculture and even the media is recognizing the fandom.

oku83c.jpg

Here's my ponysona that I made thanks to Deviantart. I named her Feather Gem :laughingsmiley:

What I REALLY want is the seasons to come out for DVD or even blu-ray. I will buy it in the heartbeat ^_^

I'll admit some of the shipping goes out of line...like I can't really picture shipping between the mane 6 (except for Rainbow Dash with Fluttershy haha) but with the background ponies, I love it! LyraxBonBon as famous as OctaviaxVinyl Scratch.

I bookmarked a lot of fanfictions I hope to read after the semester is over ^^ Bronies really do have quite the talent when it comes to art, writing, music, etc. I'm just amazed on how we have evolved into a subculture and even the media is recognizing the fandom.

oku83c.jpg

Here's my ponysona that I made thanks to Deviantart. I named her Feather Gem :laughingsmiley:

What I REALLY want is the seasons to come out for DVD or even blu-ray. I will buy it in the heartbeat ^_^

I know what you mean. I can't really ship any of the mane 6 either...just not as interested I suppose. But I sure ship background ponies! :D

Oh yes, I have quite a few I want to read myself. However, I have kinda grounded myself due to falling back in math which I'm trying SO HARD to pass! Confound these ponies, they force me to procrastinate! XD Ah, I love being part of the subculture however, and I also want to figure out how to make vector graphics, so many brony artists do it so well!

Here's my ponysona! I also made it using the same program, and her colouring was actually inspired by a design a friend made of me as a pony. :) I have yet to figure out a name for her, but like me, her talent is writing, thus, her cutie mark is a quill. Which is what mine would be. ^^

i__m_a_pony_by_hatake_setsuna-d4o9ns5.jpg

Very nice ^_^

Took me forever to think of a name for mine since even I'm unsure what my "special talent" would be. Then I just went with what I totally love, birds. Birds my favorite and if I had it my way, I probably would have been an avian veterinarian or something xD (plus I have 12 lovebirds with me right now chirping away like cuties!)

So far I've been reading the Silent Ponyville and hope I can get into reading the Fallout series after finals are over with.

I know this video is half an hour long, but man this is one great crossover! The creator put a lot of work into combining MLP with Phoenix Wright and it works! I can't wait for more updates from it :laughingsmiley:

Hope you can come up with a name! I would love to see it ^^

My Little Pony is strangely addicting. I haven't watched it for a few months, but when I was watching it back then I flew through all of Season 1 and about 10 episodes of Season 2. Love how Youtube has them up in High Quality vids! I love me some Rarity, she's hilarious. (:

Thank goodness for youtube because I'll admit I did miss a few episodes because I overslept xD

For the mane 6, I can't help but pick between Twilight/Fluttershy because both are easily my favorite! Rarity has the best episodes in my opinion :laughingsmiley:

For background ponies, I adore Derpy Hooves :3

Hehe, I cannot decide between Pinkie Pie and Rarity for my fave out of the mane 6, but I love all of them. :)

And I agree with Derpy being a favourite background pony. Her and Vinyl Scratch. ;)

I remember taking a quiz on which pony I was the most and it didn't really hit me until I saw that I'm almost exactly like Twilight Sparkle mixed with a good chunk of Fluttershy xD

I remember reading "Rainbow Factory" since everyone was talking about how it scared them and such. It actually wasn't all that scary..."Cupcakes" was just disturbing...it DID change how I see Pinkie Pie though :guiltysmiley:

Cupcakes is a stupid and poorly-written fanfic that really does not deserve all the attention it has gotten.

That being said Pinkie is my least favorite. :guiltysmiley:

I wasn't afraid of Cupcakes like mainly claimed to be...it was just disturbing to read all the stuff that could never happen between great friends. I still can't her Pinkie the same in my mind though :P

I think Applejack deserves more love! She's not my top favorite but I like her more than Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.

my_favorite_little_tree_by_jdan_s-d48utae.jpg

Cutest filly picture EVER! :3

I didn't even know they had brought MLP back until I started babysitting my niece, it's one of our favorite shows to watch together and I always get both of my nieces MLP toys for Christmas and their birthdays :) My Little Pony was about the only "girlie" toy that I liked when I was a kid, I had a huge collection, couldn't get enough of it and I still love it at the age of 36 :P

I remember not even knowing MLP came back until almost the end of season 1. Glad I was randomly browsing and saw the episode on how the mane 6 got their cutie marks. I always thought that was really neat just knowing the origins of those marks since I really don't remember theme explaining it in past generations. Makes you kinda wonder what YOUR mark would be since it represents your special talent :P

I remember having a few of the toys when I was little...my mami said that they're all still in storage so they are still around haha!

Not gonna lie...this song reminds me of the relationship I had with my only big brother. He moved away for college and then his new life when I was starting middle school so we were tight. I only get to see him about twice a year but I still love my big brother :'3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fanatic bronie like some, but I do think that MLP:FiM is awesome. But then again, I'm a grown woman who likes the new Strawberry Shortcake too. Also, My Life as a Teenage Robot was mentioned in the first film, and I love that show.

The animation style is just incredible, it's almost like masking but it's not, and some of the coloring is just done wonderfully.

Also, Simbiotic Titan was AWESOME and I couldn't believe it got cancelled. Again, great animation style and canceled because why?

Ugh. They should at least give cartoons whos pilots are picked up a 2 season contract so that it has time to develop a fanbase. I hate the politics of television. It makes me cry.

So, in short, rock on Bronies, and keep up the support for MLP!

• 3 weeks later...

Yay Khaos! Welcome to the herd! :laughingsmiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAHBMZtoalo

Man, it's mainly because of the fandom that I totally love Luna too! All these background ponies are just so awesome x'D

Eurobeat Brony has a lot of talent and I love all his music.