It's official. Game avatars/trophies are evil.

Recently, I made a board lamenting the fact that I kept getting insanely close to the TNT Staff Smasher avatar without actually making it. Well, now that I finally have that avatar (and I've lucked across the Ace Zafara and Sutek's Tomb avatars) I'm aiming for the other game avvies. Specifically, I'm slowly killing myself trying to get the Ice Cream Machine avvie. No matter what I do, I cannot get past the double chocolate level and my highest score is 9,430. I've also been wanting a nice trophy for my user look-up, and the game I think I'm closest to that goal in is Mop n' Bop, yet everytime I look up, someone is beating my score and knocking me down on the high score list so I have to keep fighting just to stay at number 20. (*goes to check on her score* Phew. Still #20) Anywho, I know I'm not the only one that has these problems. Why don't you all post your frustratingly close scores and despair with me. Haha, perhaps it will fuel us to get that last 200 points. :D

What is frustrating for me is that I can't get a frustatingly close score. XD

I am terrible at basically all games. I've basically accepted that I'll never get most of them. XD

Pish-posh! There's gotta be one game somewhere in Neopia that you can ace. Maybe you just have yet to find it... :)

Pish-posh! There's gotta be one game somewhere in Neopia that you can ace. Maybe you just have yet to find it... :)

Heh, there are a few that I'm pretty decent at, but not many of them. I think I have three avatars from flash games? And not much hope of getting others. Ah well.

What is frustrating for me is that I can't get a frustatingly close score. XD

I am terrible at basically all games. I've basically accepted that I'll never get most of them. XD

Ahh, this is me! I've pretty much given up on game avvies, as I'm so bad at every game possible. I think I'm just cursed with bad luck or something :(

Ahh, this is me! I've pretty much given up on game avvies, as I'm so bad at every game possible. I think I'm just cursed with bad luck or something :(

-patpat- :( I so feel you. I know people keep saying to practice, but I'm just awful. Even games that I felt I did quite well on... I'm like only half way to the avatar with my highest score!

I finally got the feed florg one! Though it took me about 2 HOURS of constant playing, because the game hated me, and one of my scores was only 7points away...

I could get ice cream machine, but I don't want to have to play forever just to get it.

The longest time I spent on a game for a trophy was 6.5 hours straight playing Sutek's Tomb. I would have gotten a gold for my score, but by the time it passed review it only got silver >_>

Yes, these games are a pain in the butt to get! It takes a lot of perseverance and patience and lots of luck. I'm sure there's a shamanic ritual for all of it too. :laughingsmiley: Keep at it, if you're really set at getting it, you're already on your way! I have Shockwave games that keep crashing on me, so that's my frustration at not being able to get the avatars for them.

Freaky Factory is my ultimate bane !!

I keep getting sooooooooo close then that idiot Grundo steals my last Rainbow Chomby and time is over !!!

I was literally screaming at the screen at one point

I haven't even tried for most of these, in fact, I never really play for avatars, only NPs. It does help when there IS an avatar involved, I got the avvies for Sutek's Tomb, Kass Basher, Snowmuncher, MAGAX: Destroyer II, and Dubloon Disaster. The first two were mostly luck (and if you're lucky you can hit the Kass plushie hard enough to get the score needed). The last three required skill. ;) Since MAGAX is REALLY easy, I was able to beat all the levels and get the avatar on my first try with the game. The only game trophy I have is Hasee Bounce and I only got that trophy out of sheer dumb luck. I just happened to have had good timing, all the right Doughnutfruits, and a lot of time-increasing combinations! I do not think I will get any more trophies however, I'm only average at most, and I usually stop after getting the right score for 1000 NPs. I still have yet to get the avvies for Faerie Bubbles, Freaky Factory, and Carnival of Terror, and those are games in my Favourites which I play on a regular basis for NPs. I'm average at those games. Skilled enough, decent, but only SO CLOSE to the avatar, with no avail. :(

Freaky Factory is my ultimate bane !!

I keep getting sooooooooo close then that idiot Grundo steals my last Rainbow Chomby and time is over !!!

I was literally screaming at the screen at one point

You're telling me! It's a regular game of mine, but I NEVER get that far! EVER! I can at least get close to 1000 NP, but..come on!

Man, there is a good reason I don't even play for the avatar. Games are how I earn my NPs, so that's pretty much what I do, and ignore the avatars.....they suck.

Tell me about it.

It seems like I'm always decent at most of the avvie games, but not GOOD ENOUGH to get the avatar. T____T;;

Several hundred points away from getting Typing Terror/Volcano Run (I much rather prefer the OLD version, I remember getting the avvie on that one was so much easier, darn it all!), and always a stretch of 5,000 points between me and Ice Cream Machine.

Le sigh. How do some people do it all?

Oh gosh, I really hate destruct-o-match and freaky factory XD. I used to like them, but when I started going for their avvies, I realized just how evil they were. Destruct-o-match will probably be one of the hardest for me because it takes a lot of patience and thought and when it comes to games like that, I'm not very patient. Eventually I get fed up and just start clicking randomly to let loose. And I've never been really good at Freaky Factory. If i recall correctly, I can only ever get to level 3 or 4.

The longest time I spent on a game for a trophy was 6.5 hours straight playing Sutek's Tomb. I would have gotten a gold for my score, but by the time it passed review it only got silver >_>

Yes, these games are a pain in the butt to get! It takes a lot of perseverance and patience and lots of luck. I'm sure there's a shamanic ritual for all of it too. :laughingsmiley: Keep at it, if you're really set at getting it, you're already on your way! I have Shockwave games that keep crashing on me, so that's my frustration at not being able to get the avatars for them.

Oh gosh, 6+ hours on Sutek's Tomb?!? I'd die! Luckily for me I'm pretty good at that game and lucked across the avatar when I was getting AAA's score during the daily dare. All of these games really do require patience and practice.

The Destruct-o-match avatar seems so out of reach for me. I usually only just get the score needed when it's in the Daily Dare so the avvie score seems impossible to me.

Carnival of Terror is the bane of my life at the moment. I got frustratingly close with 713 but haven't been able to even reach 700 since then.

several hundred points away from getting Typing Terror

SAME! By just 200 points.. *sigh* As for carinval of terror, I can't even get to 600 points yet..

And my scores for Sutek's tomb is: 1,920! 80 points away! Just 80!! Arghhh...

I tried to get the Carnival of Terror avvie for my birthday as a gift to myself...I failed horribly. My highest in that game is somewhere in the 600s and I can never get any higher than that. Another game I might be able to get a trophy with is Hannah and the Wardrobe of adventure, but I have to be preeeeety quick and get a perfect score on the bonus rounds.

I am so glad I have found others who share my pain!

I am fairly awful at flash games, so most of those avvys are giving me a rough time, but I am thoroughly ticked off with Destructomatch *lol* My high score is 2311!! I am good, but not good enough at it!

Surprisingly, the trophy that is the bane of my existence is Faerie Caves 2. I have been trying off and on for about four years for that one. I always seem to die on level 16, at that point where you have to quickly move up then right. Last summer I made it past it and then got so excited and twitchy I bit the dust on level 18 *headdesk* Why do you taunt me so Fyora?!!

Game avs aren't evil, they just take a ton of time and practice, and sometimes luck. (However Faerie Bubbles made me wanna flip my desk multiple times.)

Random avatars, now THOSE are evil.

The most infuriating close score for me is Extreme Potato Counter.

My High Score: 195

-_-

Don't feel too bad. My high score for that game is 51. I'm not even gonna TRY for that avatar. :rolleyes_anim:

I feel like a loser saying this but I CAN'T GET THE GADSGADSGAME AVATAR. I have the likes of Ice Cream Machine, Staff Smasher and Meepit Juice Break (all of which I found easy to get) but I just can't seem to score high enough for the Gadsgadsgame one, despite it supposedly being one of the most easily achievable game avatars..

I'm horrible at gadsgadsgame. I've always been bad at tetris so of course that game isn't any easier.