I will quit Neopets if they EVER do somehting like this again!

This has been coming for a long time now...The downhill slide I feel started with the new V2 neohomes where the NC items were by far fancier and included items not able to be earned with nps,then the same happened with the Habitarium where paints and decorations were far more appealing than the XPs items were.... The quests and plots started to include NC items also so the cookies are really just another chapter and I shudder to think just how far and how quickly TNT will move with this gold farming...

I really hope they won't be a hit, because I will be sad to leave Neopets. All those fun times, those pets who have become such wonderful characters I've drawn and wrote about for years, gone....

But if it does get this far out of hand.........then I'll have to. :sad02:

I am a bit confused by what you are saying. You don't have to quit if those items become a hit. You can just not participate in buying the items.

Personally I love buying NC and there is nothing wrong with that.

I am a bit confused by what you are saying. You don't have to quit if those items become a hit. You can just not participate in buying the items.

Personally I love buying NC and there is nothing wrong with that.

I like NC only for wearables, not for...scandals like these. :( I just cannot stand to see the horrible things TNT is doing with things like this. Wearables are fine, that is one thing, but this....this is too far and quite another thing. It makes it feel like the site is coming to an end.

I agree that these new cookies are not cool. It's basically spending money for np, and the last time I checked that's against the rules.

I don't think I could ever quit neopets, but maybe I will stop bying NC...

then the same happened with the Habitarium where paints and decorations were far more appealing than the XPs items were....

I actually thought the buyables without NC were perfectly fine. The paint job for the P3S's SHOULD be bought with the normal currency. I find that a little unfair. Why would I spend cash to paint them only temporarely (since they do die). Paint brushes must be earned, why can't their ink drops be so in the same manner?

The quests and plots started to include NC items also so the cookies are really just another chapter and I shudder to think just how far and how quickly TNT will move with this gold farming...

It took awhile. And anyway, it makes a lot of users happy, like they're getting extra for the Quests and getting an extra. It's not a bad idea.

Eh. I don't like it, it's probably Viacom being greedy, but I'm not going to panic over it and worry about the future of Neo, either.

Also, Neopets is doing fine financially. They were making plenty of money off of the wearables already in the NC Mall. Like I said, this is probably just Viacom being greedy. I have a feeling I know why, but I won't go there.

Eh. I don't like it, it's probably Viacom being greedy, but I'm not going to panic over it and worry about the future of Neo, either.

Also, Neopets is doing fine financially. They were making plenty of money off of the wearables already in the NC Mall. Like I said, this is probably just Viacom being greedy. I have a feeling I know why, but I won't go there.

I guess you're right that it's not TNT being the trolls here, but Viacom.

trollface.jpg

Viacom: Problem, Neopets?

Woah, I missed something completely... Can someone explain to me what's going on? My Semi Hiatus leaves me confused in these situations...

Basically TNT released a Neocash item called the Games Fortune Cookie which doubles (or even triples) the amount of neopoints you can earn from each game. So on scores galore weekend people could earn an easy 10-15k off Kass Basher alone, and twice that on the featured game :/

Most think it's basically buying neopoints and that's why people (me included) are not happy :(

It does seem like Viacom are bending the rules of the site for their own financial gain. Until I read this thread I had no idea that these even existed (like April I keep going on hiatus's and then wandering back confused).

I won't be going anywhere near them but then again I don't buy NC unless I REALLY adore a clothing option that has come out which I've been stupid enough to spot by wandering across to the NC mall...

*sigh* The cookie doubles what ever NP you get, except 1k. (we don't know if it's a glitch. I think it is because of the reply TNT sent with "we know there is a glitch with receiving NP". Making 3,000NP per game per day. (1k 3 times.)

So I just really started playing neopets again because I was pretty busy during this last semester at school and now I'm confused. You can only win 3000 nps per game per day? Or is it 3000 nps per day for all games?

There is a threshold score for a game based on the score:NP ratio and if you score above that then you win 1000 NPs for that game if you send the score (for example it's 830 for Kass Basher at the moment I think)

You can send a score for any game three times a day.

:P Sorry if that still doesn't make sense I can't explain it very well.

Edit: Oops looks like your questions was answered anyway ;)

Wow. I was on a hiatus. Didn't even know they were doing this. They are so EVIL! How can the possibly do that? Its just so annoying. I don't like how they give preference to those people who but with their own real money. I thought it was supposed to be a kids' site where everything was fair and there were no such things as NC Malls, etc.?

And about quitting Neopets...I'd never do that. Its been my happy game for such a long time and the thought of leaving it is terrible.

This is a little off topic (not having anything to do with game cookies), but it applies to getting frozen for complaining.. I once received a warning about a thread I posted asking people's opinion as to whether or not they found it appropriate that Neopets advertised a dating website.. It was EVERYWHERE!! "Meet hot singles in your area" or something to that effect.. Their excuse was that Neopets is an "all ages" site, not just for kids, that my post was unacceptable material for the Neoboards and it should have been addressed to them directly. I replied by apologizing for approaching the matter in the wrong way but expressed my continued concern over the ad and that regardless that it was an all ages site, the MAJORITY of Neopians are kids and teens... I also pointed out that it clearly stated in the Neoboard rules that it was not to be used as a dating forum or to discuss who's hot and so on; so how was it ok to advertise a dating site when it wasn't allowed on the boards? I curiously haven't seen the ad since :P

This is a little off topic (not having anything to do with game cookies), but it applies to getting frozen for complaining.. I once received a warning about a thread I posted asking people's opinion as to whether or not they found it appropriate that Neopets advertised a dating website.. It was EVERYWHERE!! "Meet hot singles in your area" or something to that effect.. Their excuse was that Neopets is an "all ages" site, not just for kids, that my post was unacceptable material for the Neoboards and it should have been addressed to them directly. I replied by apologizing for approaching the matter in the wrong way but expressed my continued concern over the ad and that regardless that it was an all ages site, the MAJORITY of Neopians are kids and teens... I also pointed out that it clearly stated in the Neoboard rules that it was not to be used as a dating forum or to discuss who's hot and so on; so how was it ok to advertise a dating site when it wasn't allowed on the boards? I curiously haven't seen the ad since :P

I've seen that ad so many times too! Just out of curiousity, I wonder if younger players could see it too? Or was it just for accounts 13+ or 18+ or whatever...

That's actually a good question! CAN they separate the content like that I wonder? Still though, I don't really think it's an appropriate ad for the site, kind of a contradiction of the rules...

I really dislike TNT as a company but I feel the need to defend them a bit, or at least put some of my own reasoning in there.

Now, I'm not fully aware of what's going on, because I have yet to buy one of these cookie things but a boycott won't really do anything, and quitting is pointless if you enjoy the game.

You're not hurting them as a company, you're just throwing away all of the time, effort and enjoyment you put into the game.

You can start your own little club to protest, but you probably won't find more than a dozen to join you, which doesn't mean anything to TNT.

If you leave, within a matter of a minute someone else will join and take your place, and the only way I can see neopets going down any time in the next 10 years is if TNT turns into Nexon's clone (Blizzard's on that path as we speak).

And if you don't know what company Nexon is, I envy you.

They recently neglected one of their games to the point where there were so many bugs and hackers that the game was pretty much unplayable.

And this has gone on for almost a year will little to no attempt to fix it, and they just decided to shut it down.

In the meantime, people will still keep playing neopets, buying neocash, and TNT will be making more than enough money to keep them satisfied and keeping the game running.

My tip for you is to simply write a complaint (even though TNT's customer service is one of the worst I've ever seen) and hope someone takes you seriously.

You won't be wasting too much time, and you'll probably have better luck getting people to join arms with you instead of boycotting.

This is just my opinion.

That's actually a good question! CAN they separate the content like that I wonder? Still though, I don't really think it's an appropriate ad for the site, kind of a contradiction of the rules...

They could always use the excuse that it's the parent's responsibility to ad-blockers to prevent this sort of thing.

I don't see how they could filter it, but I'm not saying that it's not possible.

I hadn't actually put two and two together with this item until I saw this thread and I agree that the item is certainly unfair and goes against their prior established rules. However, I do think TNT just might not have thought this item through and we might not see anything like it again in the future if enough people are unhappy with the philosophy behind it.

I wasn't at all surprised when they brought out the NC mall since the idea wasn't exactly new. Remember when those Facebook games took off (the ones like habitarium) and plenty of people were purchasing stuff for their games or you could buy items to send to people's facebook pages? Making money off of virtual goods that don't actually exist is brilliant from a company's perspective so of course TNT jumped on the bandwagon too. Plenty of people seem to enjoy it and even though I don't buy NC either, I'm happy other people have enjoyed it. Just like any internet game, change happens. I'm still having a great time so let's go along for the ride!