I will quit Neopets if they EVER do somehting like this again!

Yes, I'm mad about the Game Cookie as the rest of you. They are GOLD FARMING now! This is worse than the Future NC Fashions perk.

If TNT keeps this up, I am QUITTING Neopets. They are breaking their own rules....no wonder they lose players EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

We need to protest, maybe do an "Occupy NC Mall" thing. Anything to get TNT to listen to our protests. If they pay no heed, they will lose a lot of players.

Forget you, TNT. I've had enough of your garbage.

At least there is always Subeta....

I hear ya! It's false adversting, so it's a SCAM (since you can't earn 2x the NP, if you get 1k from a game you don't get 2k. and they didn't state that at all!) Sadly, TNT will just ban us all from the site if we protest! Though, I suppose we could all make fake email addresss so we could make new accounts to keep protesting.

Reminds me of a lot of other sites that tried to milk too small of a base for money, and now no one ever remembers the sites. (even I can't!)

I had a post on the other board about this: the one that has the word UDATE in it. Where my post had the "Y U NO" meme guy captioned with" I'm sure you saw it, as you posted there.

I'd love to put that up on a petpage or something, but then I'd be frozen... :(

Also: How'd you get the thing above your picture to say that? Do you have to get to a certain number of posts to be able to do that?

Edited by YukiHitsugaya

I hear ya! It's false adversting, so it's a SCAM (since you can't earn 2x the NP, if you get 1k from a game you don't get 2k. and they didn't state that at all!) Sadly, TNT will just ban us all from the site if we protest! Though, I suppose we could all make fake email addresss so we could make new accounts to keep protesting.

Reminds me of a lot of other sites that tried to milk too small of a base for money, and now no one ever remembers the sites. (even I can't!)

I had a post on the other board about this: the one that has the word UDATE in it. Where my post had the "Y U NO" meme guy captioned with"

TNT Y U NO FOLLOW UR OWN RULES

and

TNT Y U NO LISTEN TO USERS

I'd love to put that up on a petpage or something, but then I'd be frozen... :(

That just makes TNT even more evil for not allowing us to protest against their ideas. It means they will keep it up, and Neopets will die. The end of Neopia is clearly coming. I guess if I cannot protest, I will quit Neo. But if I quit, it means leaving TDN too, and so much of my creativity in the Neopian world. :( But if I must leave, I must leave.

I know how you feel. :/ This is just.... I'm speachless.

I wonder if they'll actually address people's complaints about this.

I know how you feel. :/ This is just.... I'm speachless.

I wonder if they'll actually address people's complaints about this.

Sadly, as Yuki said, we'll get frozen for complaining. I hate who runs TNT now. I want Adam and Donna I want the old TNT who were not greedy...words I am not allowed to say here!

Anybody else thinking of quitting Neopets?

Unfortuneately, unless ALL players boycott and refuse to purchase them, they won't get the message. There will always be players that buy them, and, even if a bunch of people quit, there will still be new players who join that have no idea that any of this was an issue.

I am most interested to see how TNT handles the backlash. I think we're all waiting to hear how they explain themselves.

I want Oliver back..I miss TPOSG..neopets was much better back then.. If neopets gets worse, then I'm quitting.

I miss him too! ;_; I really do hope Neo does not get worse, but I've had it up to here with them. If only TNT listened to their players, the site could be better. None of this awful stuff they are doing now.

Unfortuneately, unless ALL players boycott and refuse to purchase them, they won't get the message. There will always be players that buy them, and, even if a bunch of people quit, there will still be new players who join that have no idea that any of this was an issue.

Yes, but you have to remember that the cookie didn't exactly live up to its expectations. There's a limit to how much you earn each game to get double (I think that's how it works....) So all those players who were really that desperate for the NP won't be too happy with what they bought.

I don't know how the newbies would react, but ripping off people who barely know anything about the site is kind of messed up to me.

yep, I was ready to go and by one of the cookies to see how much of an advatage I'd get. Then I read the post about how it doesn't increase NP past 1k..Good thing I checked, and didn't get ripped. Especially since TNT doesn't tell you that!! Because back in my day (wow that makes me sound old) the NC mall didn't exist.

Even though, my accounts only 2 months old, I've been on neo for a while, just couldn't remember my other accounts secret words..

Edited by YukiHitsugaya

The Game Cookie is glitched:

"Thank you for writing! Eww, looks like those Gaming Cookies were only half-baked (which is something we can identify with!). We are aware that there are some issues awarding Neopoints at the moment and we are on it!

Never fear, you will receive all of the time you paid for in a non-buggy way! We'll be sending out Neomails to everyone who redeemed a cookie shortly! This neomail will have all the details of your compensation :) Please bear with us, we are working on it!"

I bought it for the heck of it. Not a huge fan, but I'm not super bothered by it either. TNT has changed their minds a lot , and they are a business. -shrugs-

The Game Cookie is glitched:

"Thank you for writing! Eww, looks like those Gaming Cookies were only half-baked (which is something we can identify with!). We are aware that there are some issues awarding Neopoints at the moment and we are on it!

Never fear, you will receive all of the time you paid for in a non-buggy way! We'll be sending out Neomails to everyone who redeemed a cookie shortly! This neomail will have all the details of your compensation :) Please bear with us, we are working on it!"

I bought it for the heck of it. Not a huge fan, but I'm not super bothered by it either. TNT has changed their minds a lot , and they are a business. -shrugs-

So it IS gltiched. However, after they fix the glitch, they should GET RID OF THE REST OF THOSE COOKIES AND NEVER EVER EVER EVER RELEASE ANY MORE! Or Xandra will find out and turn them all to stone. (Serves them right!)

neopets has done other stuff that realy really upset people before and then quickly gotten rid of it (eraser of the dark faerie, the original rainbow fountain). of course that was in the old days as opposed to the current Viacom days.

i am hoping this is a VERY short term thing, otherwise expect inflation to go (even more) through the roof to the point where only the people buying things with real money are able to do much on the site. actually, i kinda wonder if that's exactly what they are trying to do.

oh well, i was actually gonna sign up for premium, as i wanted the fifth pet. not now though, this has just ticked me off too much for that. i'll just spend my $70 on one of my other nerdy hobbies. i'll just buy a bunch of transformers or something instead. :P

I probably wouldn't quit. Neopets is a never ending game. Technically you can still make just as much NP, (albeit slower), the normal way. Everything on my account is my personal effort. I don't really care too much what others have. I can be impressed by other's accounts, but I'm happy with this one which I have been working on for 8 years.

The thing is, Neopets to me underwent it's most major alteration with customization, which pretty much opened the door to all of this extra stuff. Viacom is a company and desires profit. They aren't the only ones. At least Neopets is still free and offers you plenty of free things (Habitarium, KeyQuest, Customization, Pets, TONS of games). They could just charge for the entire site!

Also, Donna and Adam WERE the ones who sold out - don't forget that. They wanted to make a good deal of money and had every right to. (Wouldn't you do the same?) Viacom had the resources to make their creation even bigger, and draw more people in.

The cookies? Yeah, it's a big step. But people are "eating them up". Quite literally. It's good news to those who are good gamers; bad news to those who aren't very rich and can't spent real money on Neopets. They've tried to make those cookies relatively inexpensive. Which I can give them credit for.

I do think TNT needs to start offering more ways to get NC for everyone who is limited; like I said, the free ways aren't very good.

Everything is pretty much normal and I don't perceive an extreme difference. Between who have bought before will continue buying. I know I probably will, although I have no desire to improve my game's score. (They already gave me Habitarium, good enough!)

I definitely don't agree with TNT finding a loop-hole in the whole "trading NC for NP" thing, and I actually do not get the purpose of these cookies. If the max NP you can get from a game is 3k per day (apart from adver-video and the likes) then why would you pay real money to get the same amount of NP as you would if you had a little bit of practice and good judgement about the games you play? Why are people so psyched about them? They are only an advantage for someone who is terrible at games, and even then they do not have a great advantage over someone who is good at them. Well, that's what TNT must be trying to convince themselves anyway.

On the other hand, games which have a cap (fashion fever, splat-a-sloth, dar-blat, etc.) will allow users to gain more than everyone else possibly can (if this is wrong please correct me).

I would never buy these for two reasons: I think it is a waste of NC and have never actually bought NC before. Nor will I start, especially after this stunt.

neopets has done other stuff that realy really upset people before and then quickly gotten rid of it (eraser of the dark faerie, the original rainbow fountain). of course that was in the old days as opposed to the current Viacom days.

i am hoping this is a VERY short term thing, otherwise expect inflation to go (even more) through the roof to the point where only the people buying things with real money are able to do much on the site. actually, i kinda wonder if that's exactly what they are trying to do.

oh well, i was actually gonna sign up for premium, as i wanted the fifth pet. not now though, this has just ticked me off too much for that. i'll just spend my $70 on one of my other nerdy hobbies. i'll just buy a bunch of transformers or something instead. :P

I agree. If TNT start to introduce more NC items like the cookies, NP items will only be affordable for those who use them. (eventually. I'm talking futuristic :D)

Corporations are always about the bottom line. I doubt they have any idea on how this will affect the Neopian economy, or what players will think. Basically if they get the money, they really don't care otherwise. Sadly I think this is the direction Neopets is going, so yeah, good luck trying to turn back time D:

I feel like I have to defend the cookies, just a little bit. I don't think it's a good idea to sell them, but I understand why they have. Disclaimer: I haven't bought any of these cookies and I don't plan to. I'm terrible at games and the only one I play with anything approaching regularity is habitarium.

Firstly, in economic terms, releasing more NP into the economy is actually a good thing. Last night on the boards I compared it to a stimulus package for Neopia, and I'm sticking with that metaphor. The fact is, inflation in Neopia is rampant. The baseline price for say, a newly-released paintbrush, is at least 20 million if not more. Most decent items will cost you upwards of one million NP. Not that many people have that kind of buying power. TNT can't change what people try to sell their items for, but what they can do is release more NP so that the base level of wealth in the system goes up. That's the theory anyway. IMO, in reality Neo is too much of a hoarding-based system for that to work properly, but the economics of it is sound.

Secondly, yes you can get frozen for buying illegit NP. But what that tells TNT is that there is a market for people who want to try and buy it, and if they offer a way of doing that, they'll have to freeze fewer people for going off-site to do it (thereby losing fewer players, increasing their ad revenue and NC purchases), and they'll make more money. I am fairly sure (although I may have to double-check) that the Neopets arm of Viacom runs at a fairly substantial loss, they have to make all the money they can.

Secondly, yes you can get frozen for buying illegit NP. But what that tells TNT is that there is a market for people who want to try and buy it, and if they offer a way of doing that, they'll have to freeze fewer people for going off-site to do it (thereby losing fewer players, increasing their ad revenue and NC purchases), and they'll make more money. I am fairly sure (although I may have to double-check) that the Neopets arm of Viacom runs at a fairly substantial loss, they have to make all the money they can.

Well, TNT is sort of stinking at purchasing NP. Even with this cookie, the amount you're purchasing is limited to like maybe 15,000NP for most people.

But from what I comprehend, you are accurate. Neopets loses money. I guess it's just not as popular as it once was, or, they'll have to start doing other things - television show anyone? ;)

television show anyone? ;)

sadly, i think they are past the point where they could have done something like that. i really wonder why they didn't do that when they got bought by Viacom though. i mean they were part of nickelodeon, why didn't they make a series? or the movie everyone was talking about. does anyone know why these things didn't happen?

I feel tnt doesn't go by the rules anymore. I reported a scammer a while ago and they tried to scam me again (I thought scamming was auto-freeze) but my friend got frozen for criticising tnt on neoboards, joke, joke.

Besides, they should be smart enough to realize they can make more money by keeping more people with np-based events on neo instead of irritating everyone with their nc dung. Seriously, neo is getting way more boring than it used to be. Breaking your own rules is not a way to encourage people to spend money.

my friend got frozen for criticising tnt on neoboards, joke, joke.
I got warned for that. Apparently complaining about NC in the FoN, and wondering if TNT makes money off of premium isn't allowed. Since when was making a joke/sharing your opinion a warnable offense?

Better start packing your things now, sis.

If these are a hit, you can make a sure bet that more of these type of items will be appearing in the mall.

I really hope they won't be a hit, because I will be sad to leave Neopets. All those fun times, those pets who have become such wonderful characters I've drawn and wrote about for years, gone....

But if it does get this far out of hand.........then I'll have to. :sad02:

Ahhh i always assumed that the NC mall was going to turn into this... And i remember the good ol' days as well, when you used the old layout and there was no such thing as an 'NC mall'. But at least people find out about theses things through forums like these? And truly, even if people send in complaints, in the edn its TNT's decision to do something about them or not...