Trading Post Help

ClatoEverlark

So, I was trading one lab map piece for 180K and both offers are lower than what I was asking for. This happens to me EVERYTIME I trade. Should I write pure/auto?

what I usually do in trades if I'm looking for a specific amount is this

AMOUNT Pure = Auto!!! Online Now!!!

With most lots when I'd put them up I didn't have to wait too long until I got what I was looking for. The best thing to do is clearly state what you want.

With the Trading Post it's best to be clear with exactly what you want, because some people are there trying to one-up you in order to make a profit for themselves. I usually put "XXX NP auto, not taking reseller offers" or something like that. Some people are incredibly persistent, rude, and downright make you want to tear your hair out.

All of these suggestions are great, especially Mouseykins' suggestion...I find that people tend to want instant gratification and do not want to wait for their item. They probably have a pet they want to zap RIGHT NOW and will offer more if they think you're online and can get it now.

Just another thought - make sure your price is competitive. Perhaps you have done the research and it is, but if not...this might be why they are under-offering...

• 9 months later...

I should know by now, since I'm not a newbie. Is there a way to make an offer of "auto" actually automatic, so that I don't have to be online when they are? I'd like to just have them buy the item (like at a shop) and leave the money, take the item, and it's done. In the past, I would either accept or reject the offers (usually the same day) but I'm not sure I can be on enough for that. I even sold an item yesterday for just under 100,000 in my shop just to get the quick cash while it's still valuable.

EDIT: I got and sold a Dark Eyelash Facepaint from the Thrift Shoppe yesterday, and grabbed another one this morning. I should have done the same thing again--simply put the item in my shop for 99,000 and been done with it (I saw another one listed in a shop so I decided to sell that way). Later, seeing them listing higher in the Trading Post, I put one there, and asked 140K. Minutes later, I saw what I thought was an offer for 140K--but instead was just 140. :guiltysmiley: Yes, no extra zeros. I acted too quickly and lost big. :S So, someone just took advantage of me. I'd like to think (and hope) it's either a foreigner or a newbie who doesn't know that 'k' = 1,000, but I suspect it's someone who has done this before. :thumbsdown: So, learn from my mistake. Next time I'm being more careful. :hmmph: I'm sure it's asking to much to expect that person to send me my money later. :whistle: Is there a way to know who I just "sold" this item to, like a log entry? Why does the shop list buyers but not the trading post?

EDIT 2: OK, in hindsight, losing 140,000 isn't THAT much for anyone who's been playing a few years (basically it's a good day's take for me if I'm lucky) but it's the principal that counts. I'm just glad I learned this now before I trade some of my other items soon.