OMG TNT needs to stop changing so much stuff :[

First Yooyu Ball now there is no more brackets? D:

I remember playing in 2008...

I remember i though it was AMAZING!!

YET... The change of Yooyu Ball in 2011 and now the new brackets in 2012?

But... I will still join because i love the Altador Cup <3

Things change. It gets boring when things are the same ALL the time. Shortening it and removing the brackets seems to be in response to the dwindling of participation after the first 1-2 weeks. Hundreds of thousands of games were being played in the first week, then less and less for the rest of the tournament. The change in format is meant to keep people interested, giving all teams a more equal chance at winning.

Does anyone know when it starts?

How long was it before? I remember in 2011 it was a little over a month, I think june-july? not entirely sure.

My exams end on the 18th of june so I'm hoping I'll be able to participate.

The signups start next week. We usually have 4-5 dys to pick our teams before it starts. I think the actual tournament starts on une 1st and will run until the 24- 25th this year (4 rounds, 6 days each=24 days)

Please look at the post below VVVVVVVVVVVVV

The signups start next week. We usually have 4-5 dys to pick our teams before it starts. I think the actual tournament starts on une 1st and will run until the 24- 25th this year (4 rounds, 6 days each=24 days)

There are 28 days of regular games and then the brackets.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Ice Cream:

http://www.neopets.c...ador/colosseum/

If you take the number of hours left on the countdown and divide by 24, it gives you the numer of days until sign-ups start. Traditionally, in past years, TNT gives players 4-5 days to sign up with their teams (so everyone has a chance), and then the tournament usually starts on the 1st.

The format is a little different this year, and it affects the length. While it still starts on the same day, it will end a little earlier than in past years.

The biggest change is that there will no longer be a Finals bracket. Instead, there will be four rounds with each round lasting six days long

^^ From the news

Most of us assume that the rounds will replace both the regular gameplay+the finals (though the wording is a it confusing), making the actual amount of actual tournament play 24 days this year rather than the usualy month and a bit. The news TNT posted wasn't clear on this though, and it could very well be we will have the normal gameplay with only the actual finals being replaced by the four rounds of play (this seems unlikely as it would greatly extend the length of the tournament).

However, full details haven't been released yet, so we'll keep you updated via the news on our homepage when we find out more about the tournament style.

I don't know about you guys, but the Yooyuball controls feel way more streamlined than ever! Now it looks like your players really go after the ball even when they're not selected. I'm pretty rusty right now, and I don't have my wireless mouse with me, but I still made two goals with my laptop's trackpad. I hope I can get back to scoring 15's like I was able to in AC V.

Change when it's done well can be for the better and they seem to have thought this through better than they did last year. All in all I can see this being a major improvement because no matter how enthusiastic you are there's a limit to how many days you can play the same game over and over and over again.