NC MALL: New Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie

hrtbrk

I can't help it, I do love the NC Mall, my Habitarium is true testament to that :D I don't have much money, currently on Disability, but I do treat myself once a month to a $25 Nickelodeon card.. Unfortunately I've already spent it for this month and missed out on the Faerie Quest cookies :( Do they ever re-stock them or once they're gone they're gone?

They restock all of the time. You just have to keep watching.

I actually got extremely lucky a couple months ago and received 2 FFQs within about a week (after getting 1 in 10+years). I've already got the avatar and a cute choco Wocky, and all the other colours I want can be gotten with MPS and paintrushes. I am working on training though, so I can see where the extra stats would be useful. I might buy one just to have a look-see, but most of the quests I get tend to be Crafting quests or give me the most useless stats (intelligence and agility).

Whenever I hear about all of these users obtaining FFQ (I've never received even one in my 10+ years of being on Neopets), I really find it unfair. Does TNT despise my account? -___- Where are my FFQ?

Regardless, I like this cookie. *shrugs* I may purchase them just to test the "despising" my account theory. xD The lab ray cookie hasn't helped me much. My pet changed from the form I loved it, became a colour I didn't care for (Grey), and yeah...

They're still neat. But it is going right over the border on giving far too many advantages. Obviously I can't deny it, regardless of how "limited" the quality is.

Gamers can buy game cookies which double or triple the score, easily gaining a legal NP profit.

Lab Ray Cookies give more zaps which, although risky, usually ups level(s) and stats, and zaps rare painted colours.

Fountain Faerie Quests offer an easy way to raise pet stats and get a FFQ. Which may be good news to people like myself.

Whenever I hear about all of these users obtaining FFQ (I've never received even one in my 10+ years of being on Neopets), I really find it unfair. Does TNT despise my account? -___- Where are my FFQ?

i feel your pain! my account is 9 yrs old and i've NEVER received one. in fact i barely receive ANY type of faerie quest at all. i haven't played consistently the entire 9 yrs. took a couple year hiatus in fact. but still :(

Wait, am I missing something? People are seriously going to quit over items? I mean, nobody's forcing you to buy them or anything, and they don't really impact how you play anything.

I don't agree with the whole NC Mall either, though. Neopets should be free (yes, for the most part it still is, but), and having the Mall is a bit annoying to people like me who don't care enough about it. Or to the younger players who don't have the means to spend money.

I dunno. I'm probably being a bit mean about this. I can understand why people don't like this, because I don't either, but quitting because of it seems a bit over the top to me.

No, no. This is not right! :sad01_anim:

How can people just "buy" random events? Its not good. :sad02:

So soon enough, we'll be buying PBs. Maybe even avatars. Wow, TNT. I didn't think you guys would come up with that.

But even then, the price is not bad. I mean, its only 100NC.

I don't like this though. Its quite unfair. :shiftyeyes_anim:

I actually quite like this idea, I very rarely get any random events, especially quests, I'm definitely thinking of getting one.

Plus, it's not like it gives you a random event everyday, forever... it's 7 days, 7 quests. There are probably some accounts who are just randomly lucky and get that in a couple of weeks anyway.

I feel that it's unfair for people to "buy luck", and like someone said in another topic, TNT is basically going against their own rules.

All that aside though, if buying one of these cookies could get me an FFQ I'd do it in a heart beat xD

I'm not happy about this. I didn't like the other cookies either but at least games can be played by everyone and everyone can get access to the lab ray but Faerie Quests are supposed to be random. It doesn't seem fair that people can guarantee themselves a random event. It's nothing like the Faerie Quest event from earlier this year because that was accessible to everyone.

I've said this before but TNT are breaking their own rules - allowing NP perks for real money.

All that aside though, if buying one of these cookies could get me an FFQ I'd do it in a heart beat xD

lol my feelings exactly, but still I wish I was just lucky enough to just get one by random!

I think these NC cookies are just plain wrong. Using NC to make your pets/habitarium/neohome prettier is one thing, using it to give NC players an advantage over non NC users is another. Stop the madness, TNT!

Just think, if you got a Crafting Faerie quest 3 out of 7 days (like I did during the Faerie Quest event), you've basically just wasted a week, or even worse, TNT is forcing you to buy more of their junk for a Faerie Quest.

I'm not completely happy about the idea, but I'm not against it either. Maybe if it gave you a lower chance of a Crafting Faerie quest, because seriously, what would I do with those?

Just think, if you got a Crafting Faerie quest 3 out of 7 days (like I did during the Faerie Quest event), you've basically just wasted a week, or even worse, TNT is forcing you to buy more of their junk for a Faerie Quest.

The cookies exclude Crafting Faerie Quests. It says so in the FAQ.

Ugh, I can't say I'm impressed with this. But I really want the Buzzin' avatar. o.o

I have 100NC left over from some prize, so I may try it out? D: I feel like a sell out, haha.

They restock all of the time. You just have to keep watching.

Sweet, cause I want more Lab Ray cookies and I want to try the Faerie Quest ones too..

I've been around Neopets off and on about 10 years and I've never gotten an FFQ or ANYthing cool via random event or the Wheels or anything, so when Neo offers an extra chance at getting something neat, if I have to pay for it, I will.. That's just me though, and fortunately the cards are accessible to me; I feel really bad for those that can't get them though :(

Very very angry about this. Faerie quests are supposed to be RANDOM EVENTS. Now you can just buy RANDOM EVENTS??? What if you got a Faerie Queen/ or FFQ event?? (Since you can't choose the faerie who gives you the quest. I'm assuming all of them can give quests with this cookie)

And stats????

What's next paying money for PB's or SLM pieces? SLM piece events? Better wins from the wheel of extravagance??

Money=free stats and free NP (from the game cookie)

Honestly? If enough people start sending tickets in/ or using the "feedback" (which is supposed to be used for feedback on the ticket system) maybe they'll take it away....

Idea: HEY TNT?? CAN WE HAVE PB COOKIES TOO?? (since this plus the lab ray cookie can give paintjobs) I mean you're just giving away paint jobs, aren't you??

Gees you whine about everything! You need to stop taking the site so seriously, what other people get on their account doesn't really affect you. I for one love these cookies and if I and others wanna spend money to enhance our chances then so be it.

Seems you can now pay for battledome stats then? NC not being used for in game advantages is most definitely a thing of the past...

http://quazen.com/shopping/neopets-nc-fortune-cookies-destroying-neopian-economy/ probably sums it up...

I do love to stir a good pot of debate :D

I would LOVE it if they came out with Paint Brush cookies :) Here's why.. I suck at the games and my right arrow key doesn't work either, so that adds to games I cannot play (not all of them have the option to switch over to the W-A-S-D keys either).. I don't have any "high priced" items to sell in my shop or on Trades, so overall, it's very hard for me to come up with the Neopoints to spend on Paint Brushes that, in my opinion are EXTREMELY over-priced.. Believe me, I do try at the games and I've gotten better at some, but my hand-to-eye coordination is not what it used to be because I have nerve damage in my neck that affects both of my arms.. So, when people start squealing about these cookies being unfair, I understand their frustration if the cash cards are not sold in their area, but otherwise I think they need a little cheese with their wine..

To stir the pot a little more, I love the idea of the Faerie Quest cookies; I've been around Neo for at least 10 years, maybe more, and I have NEVER gotten an FFQ quest or really ANY kind of decent random event. So if they have come out with something that improves my chances, I'm loving it!!

Ah, another Fortune Cookie. And more drama. Seems everything is kinda devided in half right now from what I can tell. While I like the idea behind it, it also seems TNT is focusing more on people with money to spend rather than people who don't. The NC mall already has tons of little things for people to buy, clothes, backgrouds, accessories, Neohome items, not to mention all the plots, daily dare, and plenty more have NC options. They aren't needed for the original, but if you've got money to spend you've got perks. The idea is nice, but I'm kinda sick of everything being for people who can afford it, Neopets is supposed to be free with NC added in for little stuff, not making everything easier if you hand over some cash.

You know, I'd probably be singing a different tune if I actually had some money to spend, but there's always going to be people who don't, and I just wish TNT would keep things fair for everybody.

You bring up some good points Jen, the main one being neopets has never been 'fair' if you want to highlight certain users having advantages. Look at people with super fast internet, people with amazing game skills, people with working right arrow keys! haha. For a site that has given so much for free for so many years, you'd think it's 'loyal' users would be fine with TNT trying to make money (if they need too to make the site viable, else it'll just disappear alltogether.)

For a site that has given so much for free for so many years, you'd think it's 'loyal' users would be fine with TNT trying to make money (if they need too to make the site viable, else it'll just disappear alltogether.)

I think you'll find that very few of us have a issue with them making money through nc items which don't give people an unfair advantage based on how much cash they have to throw away.Clothing that can't be sold - fine. KQ tokens - fine. Funky extras that make things look pretty but do very little - fine. Battledome advantages - not so fine.

I know, I'm tempted as well. But I must resist! I know better than to "buy" a dream pet!

I know, I'm tempted as well. But I must resist! I know better than to "buy" a dream pet!

Given that you still need to spend NP's to complete the quest, I'd say someone that also spent real money earns that dream pet more than someone who didn't buy the cookie!

Given that you still need to spend NP's to complete the quest, I'd say someone that also spent real money earns that dream pet more than someone who didn't buy the cookie!

Not really as the whole basis of neopets has been that you can't simply buy your way through the game with real money. It's an economy in and of itself so simply buying your dream pet is akin to cheating. Which previously was the case - you couldn't exchange np or np items for money. This is neopets bypassing their own rules...should we suggest that this means they have to freeze themselves?