NC MALL: New Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie

hrtbrk

Exactly what Ethelune said...it is against the rules to sell them for NPs, but anyone can gift any NC item just as long as they have a Gift Box to send the item in. I must say, that is quite a generous person to be gifting them like that!

The folks who do buy Neocash are a small percentage of the Neopian population (not to mention that an even smaller percentage are receiving FFQs), and TNT has already stated that the cookies are being closely monitored for any impact they may have.

I'm sorry you don't have access to the NC Mall... but being resentful to those who do isn't going to help any. :sad01_anim:

That doesn't mean the minorities should get to have all the fun. :P And I wasn't being resentful towards those who have access, I'm just peeved at TNT because they probably didn't consider that most of their users cannot participate in this stat collecting. Well, they probably did, but lolwat at having only a small percentage be able to partake in it. :sad01_anim:

And today's quest was:

You have completed a quest for a Water Faerie.

water-faerie-1-2.jpg

Thank you! Now, to give you your justly earned reward...

For your efforts, ReddRaene's defence has increased!

Thank goodness I'm getting some of my defense back, lost a lot to the Lab Ray..

I have to kind of agree with D to a certain extent, although I do think things are getting a little heated on this topic.. We all have our own opinions and frustrations with Neopets, some are even suspecting Neo of discrimination against people with certain disabilities in the the changes to Yooyoo Ball, which is utterly ridiculous! I think a lot of people take this GAME waaaay too seriously, when it's supposed to be fun! If you really have that much of an issue with the game and how it's played, THEN DON'T PARTICIPATE!!! What are you missing out on? A trophy? An Avatar? Big stinking-pile-of-cow-dung deal!!! I've missed out on sooooo many avatars because I suck at the games, or haven't had access to internet to get on to play and yeah, it bums me out a little; but in the end it's all just a bunch of code and pixels floating aimlessly around in cyberspace and has absolutely no effect on my everyday life.. As it is I'm almost AFRAID to participate in the AC because I don't want anyone yelling at me or making fun of me cause I suck so bad at the games and probably won't gain that many points for my team, like, people are taking this too far and it's off-putting to others.. That's all I'm going to say on the subject anymore..

Even I have been guilty several times throughout my life of taking things too seriously when I should just be having fun.

And I feel like these days Neopets is not as fun as it once was because of how intensely people are playing it. It's not just about relaxing and going along on the site anymore while making friends, it's all about restocking!reselling!making money or collecting avatars/stamps/etc with crazed ambition, and whatnot. People seem to more openly accept the "better" accounts, and maybe that's part of why Neopets users in majority are becoming so obsessive and making this game not fun... (Or has it always been like that?)

You're right, not just about Neopets but all hobbies and games as a whole. Good points!

These arnt going to remotely affect paint brush prices, what planet are you living on!! Only a few people a day are getting Fountain Faerie Quests, ones who many not have even been goign for a painted pet in the first place, so why exactly are paint brushes going to go down?

You're going to see no effect whatsoever I'm afraid.

I was gifted one of these from a friend yesterday. I got a Battle Faerie quest on my first day. (Light Faerie today) I'm loving the stats, because my battle-pet-in-progress is currently up to 3 Codestones, and the training school seems to like asking for Lu Codestones, which were costing about 11k a piece the last time I placed her in training, so some training sessions cost me over 30k.

This is a point I've made quite a few times.. I worked very hard to get the Lab Ray, JUST like everybody else.. SOMEtimes it raises my stats or changes my pet/pet color, but it also takes huge chunks out of my stats as well. By using a Lab Ray cookie, maybe I AM increasing my chances of getting my stats raised faster, but if you look at my records on the Lab Ray board, I've taken some pretty nasty hits as well. The Faerie Quest cookie sort of balances it out, and yeah, for the first time in 11 YEARS on Neopets, I got a Fountain Faerie quest, so what, the chances of it happening again are very slim..

I understand how the people who can't get the "perks" feel, there was a point in time where I didn't think they had the cards in my area and I was seriously bummed out (as I've stated before); but it didn't change the fact that I still have 4 awesome pets that I worked JUST AS HARD as every other person on the site to get the way I want, without "perks", that I love to play with, awesome games I love to play even though I suck at them, a store, a house, everything that makes Neopets what it is, with or without the cookies or clothes or whatever else the Mall offers.. Yeah, I found the cards and use them now, I got lucky, but in my opinion, after 11 years of CRAP luck on Neopets, I gots it coming to me :D

This is a point I've made quite a few times.. I worked very hard to get the Lab Ray, JUST like everybody else.. SOMEtimes it raises my stats or changes my pet/pet color, but it also takes huge chunks out of my stats as well. By using a Lab Ray cookie, maybe I AM increasing my chances of getting my stats raised faster, but if you look at my records on the Lab Ray board, I've taken some pretty nasty hits as well. The Faerie Quest cookie sort of balances it out, and yeah, for the first time in 11 YEARS on Neopets, I got a Fountain Faerie quest, so what, the chances of it happening again are very slim..

I understand how the people who can't get the "perks" feel, there was a point in time where I didn't think they had the cards in my area and I was seriously bummed out (as I've stated before); but it didn't change the fact that I still have 4 awesome pets that I worked JUST AS HARD as every other person on the site to get the way I want, without "perks", that I love to play with, awesome games I love to play even though I suck at them, a store, a house, everything that makes Neopets what it is, with or without the cookies or clothes or whatever else the Mall offers.. Yeah, I found the cards and use them now, I got lucky, but in my opinion, after 11 years of CRAP luck on Neopets, I gots it coming to me :D

Sounds like you deserved that FFQ! Personally while I want one, I'm happy for anyone to get one, I think begrudging others good luck speaks volumes about that person!

Thanks D, I kinda think I did too :P Here's today's results from my FQ cookie..

You have completed a quest for a Water Faerie.

water-faerie-2-1.jpg

Good, this should help with the -- well, never mind. It's a secret. Oh, you'll want your reward.

I like the Faerie Fortune Cookie. I'm REALLY happy they released them around the time they gave away NC for signing up for the AC. I've avoided buying any NC on my own, so I don't normally have access to the Mall either, but I think the quest a day + potential for a FFQ is a great thing. FFQs can be so rare that I was willing to spend my free NC to even attempt to get one.

But so far, I've had Earth - Dark - Light faerie quests. :P At least I'm getting a variety.

And today's quest was, dah-dah-dah-dah:

You have completed a quest for an Earth Faerie.

earth-faerie-1-1.jpg

Well, it looks like the item was just what I needed for my spell. Thanks again!

Sweet, I need some work on my defence :)

Really?? Oh, you mean the Faerie Quest cookies.. I managed to nab 5 of those and 5 of the Lab Ray ones today, opened my LR one and got 2 extra zaps, but I still have a couple days left on my first FQ one; hopefully they get it fixed before the weekend :(

*eyes all the complaints on the first page* Right... sounds like people who have bad luck like me yet can't just shrug it off... That or people with little to no money, again like me yet can't shrug it off... Get people like that on the Sims 3 boards. Like them, no one is making you play Neopets.

Anyway, I would love to get my hands on even one of these cookies. However every time I visit the NC shop they are sold out.

You have completed a quest for an Air Faerie.

air-faerie-1-2.jpg

Hmm, a little slow, but I can fix that. Thanks for finding it, anyway!

For your efforts, ReddRaene's speed has increased!

Well, that's it from my first cookie; of course I did pick up some more :) Does anyone know if TNT fixed that glitch yet?

UPDATE: They HAVE fixed the glitch, opened my second cookie today and starting a new thread to record results :)

• 3 months later...