Team "Codex"

meiko07

it's not that I don't believe you, but I went on their forum, and the banner says," Team [Removed], hacking for Meridell", so I just assumed it was cheating. Plus I read the conversation they had, claiming that none of them are actually going to play legit. So I don't know.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked the [Removed] website, and based off of what they're posting, TNT may have patched the program. None of them can send scores. :laughingsmiley:

Ha! :D Serves them right, the cheating little buggers.

Yay for cheating all together! biggrin.png This is gonna be awesome. GO MERIDELL

that was on the [Removed] site. comments like that me sick. why the hell do these people NOT get frozen, then others do for trivial things??? :grrr:

also, seems like we're being talked about : Team [Removed] on TDN :P

that was on the [Removed] site. comments like that me sick. why the hell do these people NOT get frozen, then others do for trivial things??? :grrr:

We (or at least some of us) do, don't you worry: I currently have ~5 iced accounts. :P

Saw this video posted on [Removed] and thought I'd repost it here too

But really, don't be mad because someone you don't know and have never interacted with on Neopets itself is possibly going to get their throw-away account frozen because of some virtual sports game. Cheaters aren't dumb you know. They're not going to use over the top scores and SS every living minute of the day and make it obvious that they're cheating. And people have obviously cheated in previous ACs, they just haven't been vocal about it for pretty obvious reasons. It's not like anything is going to change, stop thinking it will. Heck, not everyone on [Removed] cheats, they just go for the community, and some just straight up don't play Neopets anymore.

So just don't take things happening on a virtual pet site on the internet so "personally" I guess

What I find really humorous is that you guys play chinese whispers amongst each other and ultimately it turns out that 'everyone' on [Removed] is a 'hacker.'

In reality you know nothing of the users, nothing of their accounts or the people playing Neo each and every day. I highly doubt any of you have ever spoken to me within Neo itself, and I doubt you ever will.

If truth be told I used [Removed] for a couple reasons:

1. They have a fantastic Item Database which is constantly updated and used by people such as yourselves on a regular basis, yet you have the audacity to complain that our methods of keeping you in the loop with prices is an outlandish and big-bad thing!
  2. I use their trading post religiously, why shouldn't I take something I spent my own money on and trade it for something I actually want for my pets? Who are you, or TNT for that matter, to tell me how I spend my money on virtual items. Isn't it just the same as buying Cash Shop content in an MMO, except you don't have the client downloaded to your computer. Either way, it's money that I don't care if I see again.

The people who are actively taking part in Autobuying etc are the people you should be thanking for keeping the prices at a medium on site. People who bot their way through an MMO, farming items for resale, are the people who keep the ingame economy settled. Ultimately they provide you with an avenue to obtain what you want at a reachable price.

So less of the QQ about [Removed], you should appreciate the effort put in by the programmers that enable you to have your pretty little Eventide Draiks or Plushie Kacheeks, they are the ones who keep the so-called economy fair for everyone.

Some of the 'programmers' there are actually new to coding, it's a way for them to learn. Everyone's getting something out of having [Removed] around, excpet those who are crying about how unfair life is. Go outside, take a walk. You've obviously been involved in virtual site too long. Failing that, stop listening to everyone else and actually sample what's on offer there, get an understanding before you start hating.

I am not talking about hackers. Hackers are not bad people and I know that. I am not talking about game guides or databases. Those are centers of information that even this site, TDN, was built for with a community in mind. I am talking about cheaters. Auto-running a program to play a game for you while others are playing it by hand is cheating. And sure, play the "oh it's just a game" card all you want, but I do not want to see a winning team associated with cheaters, only with a dedicated player base.

The only thing I am accusing [Removed] for is encouraging players to cheat with an auto-play program during the Altador Cup. I am not looking at anything else on that site because that is not what this conversation is about. Come back when I can hear a better argument than "we want to see if TNT is rigging the cup" as an excuse for cheating.

You people are hilarious.

I think that they're the reason why hardworking players will get frozen cause they max more than one game.

Wrong, you people get frozen just because TNT feels like it, they pick and choose, it's not because you're just cheating. You can just be really good, look somewhat like a cheater and be frozen.

I only heard about this yesterday, but to the best of my understanding [Removed] is a group of players that use a cheating progrem. The cheating program plays the games for them, but at a pace that seems normal I guess, so TNT won't find out which players they are.

Anyway, it's been confirmed that this year they are joining Meridell.

This effects the AC because Meridell is a medium sized team, and suddenly they have a bunch of players that'll put up big numbers.

Again, rediculous. Yeah, there's score senders. I can tell you (as a member of [Removed]) that not all of us joined Meridell. I can go through signatures of everyone and find different teams.

Also, AC is thought to be rigged.

Oh wow, that's terrible, if it's true. Seriously it's a game. Cheating is not necessary.

The people who do cheat do it because we have better things to do in life than refresh pages and wait for restocks / play stupid childish games when a program can do it quicker.

I just checked the [Removed] website, and based off of what they're posting, TNT may have patched the program. None of them can send scores. :laughingsmiley:

All I can say is "lol".

If you people take a video game this seriously, you should probably take a step outside and live a real life instead of an online one.

And as my username says

Suck it up princesses. It's just a game, and has no REAL LIFE effect.

It's almost disgusting to see some of your reactions to this.

I am not talking about hackers. Hackers are not bad people and I know that. I am not talking about game guides or databases. Those are centers of information that even this site, TDN, was built for with a community in mind. I am talking about cheaters. Auto-running a program to play a game for you while others are playing it by hand is cheating. And sure, play the "oh it's just a game" card all you want, but I do not want to see a winning team associated with cheaters, only with a dedicated player base.

The only thing I am accusing [Removed] for is encouraging players to cheat with an auto-play program during the Altador Cup. I am not looking at anything else on that site because that is not what this conversation is about. Come back when I can hear a better argument than "we want to see if TNT is rigging the cup" as an excuse for cheating.

Nobody was really encouraged, it was an idea that as thrown around. I think everyone here is thinking everyone on [Removed] followed through, which as I stated, is not the case.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. There's an edit button you can use to add info to your existing post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I think we're getting off topic. This was supposed to be on the team that claims to play for MD by cheating and how TNT and the users will handle it. Not the site Neo[Removed]. Ad hominems are not welcomed, but it's more of a moral thing also. Might be a video game but cheaters ruin it for everyone.

I think we're getting off topic. This was supposed to be on the team that claims to play for MD by cheating and how TNT and the users will handle it. Not the site Neo[Removed]. Ad hominems are not welcomed, but it's more of a moral thing also. Might be a video game but cheaters ruin it for everyone.

You'd be really surprised to see what neo would become without cheaters.

Really, really surprised.

It all boils down to self choice.

If you want to, do it, if not, don't.

I don't see anything morally wrong about cheating on an online video game.

Doesn't mean I cheat in everything in life.

TNT will handle it like they always have, they'll keep check on outrageous scores, but the ones that cheat with discretion will be fine.

Players can't really do much about it either, I mean you can report the highest scoring players, but neither of us can really be sure if that specific person cheated.

Also, it'll be unfair of anyone to think [Removed] users are the only ones in meridell.

But I'm done, I just wanted show you people there is more to [Removed] than cheating, there is also more to life than getting uptight about neopets of all things.

It's silly. Cheating will always be a thing of life, online or real, and it's something everyone has to deal with, whether you're one of them or not.

Bye for now! :)

There are tons of things I can say to this but in the interest to keeping to the topic, I'll stick to AC.

Heck, not everyone on [Removed] cheats, they just go for the community, and some just straight up don't play Neopets anymore.

I don't think that was ever in question. I have no doubt that there at least some people at [Removed] who play adhering to the rules set by Neopets. The issue, I think for most people, is not whether ALL people at [Removed] are cheating at AC, but whether some are cheating ([Removed] or not). Why should we care? After all, its just a game, and we shouldn't take it personally - right? Well, no. For most people, neopets is a place where we come to relax from the real world, where unfortunately people do no play by the rules and get ahead. Neopets is meant to be the place where people can take a break from all of that and play a nice game of YYB without all this nonsense. I appreciate that you want so badly to succeed at that which you previously termed "just a game" however, we all have frameworks that we must operate within, online and offline, and neopets is one of them, whether you dismiss them and thrive whilst doing so, or respect them and get your rewards through hard work. I do not understand why you are so surprised that others might be taken aback at such behaviour.

Well if you put it like that, then I guess it's hard to be the good person anywhere. Even online.

It is very hard, thats why its worth so much more in the end, at least for me personally. And why should being online stop anyone from trying to be a good person anyway?

EDIT: lol @ threadception by one of the [Removed] guys :D

It is very hard, thats why its worth so much more in the end, at least for me personally. And why should being online stop anyone from trying to be a good person anyway?

If you look at alot of the introductory topics, there's some people who turned to cheating specifically because TNT froze their legitimate main for completely stupid suspicions.

Rebuilding all your stuff is much easier with the help of what [Removed] provides.

It's not hard being a good person online, I think I'm a good person, I'm not being rude, I've been nothing but nice.

If you honestly think just because someone cheats in a game they're automatically a horrible person, you need a reality check.

Like I said before, some do it to rebuild, some do it because they don't have the time and some do it because they can.

Some people just don't and use all the legitimate parts of the site.

EDIT: lol @ threadception by one of the [Removed] guys :D

I'm with you on this. I try to be a good, honest person in all areas of my life. I don't always succeed, sometimes I make bad choices, or greed or laziness overcome me. But doing things honestly is worth more to me in the long run, despite how much harder it can be.

if you look at alot of the introductory topics, there's some people who turned to cheating specifically because TNT froze their legitimate main for completely stupid suspicions.

Rebuilding all your stuff is much easier with the help of what [Removed] provides.

but using this logic, its kind of like if someone broke into your car and took your stereo, its much easier to rebuild by doing something else thats illegal. whilst the initial action of TNT may or may not have been justifiable, does not mean that you justify your own illegal means of rebuilding because its "easier". Im sure students would find it "easier" to cheat at tests as well, but thats not really the point now is it?

(also, side-note, have you ever thought that the reason TNT is so freeze-happy is because they are actually monitoring for people using the programs you use? in a weird, serpent-eating-its-own-tail kind of way, people may resort to cheating because TNT thought they were cheating because someone is actually cheating)

If you honestly think just because someone cheats in a game they're automatically a horrible person, you need a reality check.

i don't believe i said that, since i agree that just because you do something that in someone's eyes, is not acceptable behaviour doesn't mean you are a horrible person. others have their opinions you have their own and we can both live and let live. however, in life, as in neopets, i am willing to live and live as long as the other person is not influencing me in a negative way. therefore, i would more than happy to see you cheat, if it didnt personally affect the way i spend the time i have on neopets.

anyway, i am off to bed.. goodnight all :)

Don't have too much to say for the topic, but there was one thing that I thought was hilarious. A quote from the "[Removed]"

The people who do cheat do it because we have better things to do in life than refresh pages and wait for restocks / play stupid childish games when a program can do it quicker.

Was I the only one who laughed at this, You have better things to do in life rather than play "stupid, childish" games, yet you have the extra time in your so called busy life to cheat in the childish games. Plus if they are for children and you do have to cheat, what does that say about your intelligence.

It amuses me to no end how seriously you guys take this game. If you get a kick out of doing all the hard work, then good for you, have fun going online every day for 24 days and spending your entire day ruining your eyesight and developing carpal tunnel. In the end, it's just a bunch of pixels and they're not hurting anyone by using their programs. TnT can't and won't do anything, so go play YYB legitimately instead of wasting your time trying to compare a virtual pet game to real life.

If it's just a little game, why would you need to use programs? :V If it's just a game then just fall behind, don't try and cut corners on something that doesn't even matter. People who use programs are the ones who take it too seriously, seeing as they can't bear the idea of being behind, and can't use their own time to play the game. I mean, I don't really care who wins, I just want prizes and have fun, but still, people who use programs must really really desire and covet for tiny little pixels. It just bothers me that's all, I mean what's the point of the game if there's no rules? It isn't a game any more, it's more of a "I have to do this because I must hoard large stashes of pixels". :P

BTW, now were talking about general "cheaters" not just [Removed] - (some) people over there are quite nice actually.

If it's just a little game, why would you need to use programs? :V If it's just a game then just fall behind, don't try and cut corners on something that doesn't even matter. People who use programs are the ones who take it too seriously, seeing as they can't bear the idea of being behind, and can't use their own time to play the game. I mean, I don't really care who wins, I just want prizes and have fun, but still, people who use programs must really really desire and covet for tiny little pixels. It just bothers me that's all, I mean what's the point of the game if there's no rules? It isn't a game any more, it's more of a "I have to do this because I must hoard large stashes of pixels". :P

BTW, now were talking about general "cheaters" not just [Removed] - (some) people over there are quite nice actually.

The thing is, the little game we're talking about is neopets, and in order to be successful on neopets you have to devote a lot of time that people who have real lives don't have. I do it because I enjoy being successful.When I say "In the end, it's just a bunch of pixels," I mean that there's no use getting butthurt over them. By no means do I mean that I, or any other cheaters aren't vain about our pixels.

The thing is, the little game we're talking about is neopets, and in order to be successful on neopets you have to devote a lot of time that people who have real lives don't have.

This is a large reason why many [Removed]ians choose to use programs not to cheat but to do what time constraints do not otherwise allow. In order to be succesful, truly succesful on Neopets you must devote a LOT of time into it (restocking for example generally takes hours) and that is time that many people do not have. I know of an individual who restocks legitimately when he can, but he has a full time job, he is a full time college student, he is a full time single father (technically), he is a full time significant other, and he is Administrator for two different websites. He wants to continue to be successful on Neopets so in the times that he can't normally devote to restocking, due to family/life circumstances and demands, he uses the Main Shop Restocker that [Removed] provides free to the public. This allows him to still be making a modest, yes modest, amount of Neopoints and still devote his time elsewhere as needed. I personally do not see anything wrong with how he chooses to better devote his time by making use of a tool readily available to make his life easier. I am not "justifying cheating" merely giving an example of an individual who takes advantage of the tools he has at his disposal. When he has free time to do it himself, by all means he does, but that doesn't mean he can daily. That is when [Removed] comes in and saves the day.

I do it because I enjoy being successful.

This is the wrong reason to cheat, as you've so blatantly stated, if you are trying to be tactful surely you can do better than that.

This is the wrong reason to cheat, as you've so blatantly stated, if you are trying to be tactful surely you can do better than that.

"I enjoy being successful" is such a broad phrase. A) You don't know my life or my definition of successful in terms of Neopets. b) Rude.

Honestly, though, everyone has different circumstances, and it's up to the individual to form an opinion on their morality. You can sit here all day and pose situations that justify cheating, but the points I've been trying to make are:

1)Cheating happens, has been happening for years, and will continue happening because no sane person spends a month playing the same 4 games hundreds, if not thousands, of times a day. If you're proud of the fact you spent all day doing that, then AWESOME, have fun with that, but don't be mad at people for having lives.

2)Neopets isn't real life, and isn't worth getting in a tizzy.

3)[Removed] teaming up isn't going to affect anyone, TnT can't and won't do anything about it, so just calm down and continue your 'lives' as usual.

Might be a video game but cheaters ruin it for everyone.

Mmmm, I honestly wouldn't say that :P Like I said before, there have always been cheaters on Neopets, and AC, but they just don't say they're cheating for obvious reasons. Because well

you don't know they're cheating. And nor does TNT if they're using settings and sending scores which look very human. They're not shoving it in your face, saying "YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST CHEAT!!!", or affecting the game so much that you personally can't play it. They aren't ruining YOUR personal experiences and fun, are they? If they are, how so? Sure there are people auto buying, or sending scores for games so they can make their 100k a day or whatever, but I don't let it get to me. Because I could really give less of a poop. Blaming them for you not being able to restock x item is dumb. You don't know if an auto buyer got it, or if it was just some person who has a faster internet connection/reflexes/etc. And hah, to be honest, I find people who wave their epeen around saying "I'M 100% LEGIT LOOK AT ME HEHEHE I'VE SPEND 15 YEARS GETTING ALL THIS LOOK AT ME GUYS" are just as bad as cheaters.

Also, for those of you saying that "ooohhh, if you don't have the time to play Neopets, why play it at all!!!!", well obviously because they want to participate as well but just simply don't have the time to play 50 games of Yooyuball a day or sit for hours on end, waiting for a good item to restock or whatever. You know, college/university and jobs are very, very demanding things. You just don't have the time to sit on your butt on the computer all day. And you know what? If you don't have the time to sit around all day on Neopets then you are simply not going to achieve your goals (unless you get lucky with your dailies). That's that. Which is why some people use auto buyers, so they can continue doing their life things and having friends and going outside but still be able to make their pixels be happy and look pretty, or get their goal they set back when they were children/first started playing.

Or they might cheat because they got unfairly frozen and discovered cheating through the freeze reason, and just can't be bothered to play the game as it should anymore/if they're going to get frozen, then they have an actual reason to. I know I discovered and looked into cheating after apparently auto buying, despite never going in the main shops. Could I be bothered to waste yet another ten years of my life trying to get my UCs, retired NC items worth god knows how many caps, 20 million NPs, now retired avatars and trophies, expensive items and whatnot back through 100% legitimate means? Hahaha you know I don't. Which is why I thought about cheating, but never got around to it.

If you cheat, then good for you, you have a higher chance of getting frozen. If you're legit, then good for you, you have a slightly lower chance of getting frozen, but it'll probably happen anyways because TNT just love throwing their freeze-ray around like it's nobody's business.

YBGWo.png

Also, for those of you saying that "ooohhh, if you don't have the time to play Neopets, why play it at all!!!!", well obviously because they want to participate as well but just simply don't have the time to play 50 games of Yooyuball a day or sit for hours on end, waiting for a good item to restock or whatever. You know, college/university and jobs are very, very demanding things. You just don't have the time to sit on your butt on the computer all day. And you know what? If you don't have the time to sit around all day on Neopets then you are simply not going to achieve your goals (unless you get lucky with your dailies). That's that. Which is why some people use auto buyers, so they can continue doing their life things and having friends and going outside but still be able to make their pixels be happy and look pretty, or get their goal they set back when they were children/first started playing.

But if you just wanted to make pretty pixels, you could, say, use one of the many external neopets outfit creators, where you can make whatever you want and not cheat. My avatar was made with one.

But if you just wanted to make pretty pixels, you could, say, use one of the many external neopets outfit creators, where you can make whatever you want and not cheat. My avatar was made with one.

That isn't reaaally the same thing :U It's just on some fansite, not 'your' pet on Neopets itself. Like right now I could just open up Notepad++, save a Neopets page then change the nps amount to 2.1bil and say those are all my neopoints, but it's not on their server and for me to use on ingame items, it's some edit I made locally.

If you don't get my point then alright I guess