Motivation?

So as much as I love the Altador Cup and mindless repetitive games (loljk). How do you all manage to stay focused and motivated to play 10+ conesecutive games of YYB at a time? I can't bring myself to play more than three in a row, and don't even get me started on the side games ;-;

Lol it's annoying I agree. I can do about 15 YYB games in a row but then have to stop for about an hour or a little more then do it again. I really don't like the side games so I don't really bother with them much unless the bonus stamp is on it. I drink coffee though while I play lol. For me it seems like the game goes a little faster while I'm drinking it. Odd I know and probably hard to understand but yeah :P.

I just have to switch between games and always have something on in the background. The only game I really can't bother with is make some noise. I just can't get motivated to play it. It's beyond boring and I feel like I'm killing my keyboard.

Well, I can usually play about 10-15 at a time. I usually switch to SOSD after that. Or take a break, although I haven't taken that many breaks. I am also multitasking by watching TV. Very healthy lifestyle :D

Yeah I've been switching between games and taking breaks as well. As you can see from my counter I'm not exactly racking up huge scores haha, but my thought process is that Neopets is something I do for fun and if I am not having fun while playing it then that's stupid so I just quit for awhile when I get sick of playing Yooyuball :)

Also, I feel like this is seriously putting a dent in making Neopoints and I am still trying to train my battle pet so I pull up Habitarium and spin wheels and whatnot.

I don't get to play for too long. My little one takes up most of my time so I usually play before she gets up in the morning, when she takes a nap in the afternoon, and now after she goes to bed. :) And I actually found that you don't have to tap real hard or fast in the Make some Noise game. Just repeatedly and accurately and the points go up pretty fast.

I play in '5 or 6 YYB games - 1 hour' intervals averaging +50 games per day, which would be enough in 22 days to reach the last rank. I don't have the patience, time, or energy supply to stare at the screen so I cannot be of much use to the team. Although I am contributing a lot to Yooyuball, that's something right? .-.

It's also hard to manage other Neo-Activities, such as my KQ addiction, which is kinda putting a slow down on my NP accumulation. D:

My motivation comes from all the people that predicted that my team would get dead last or barely above that this year.

Plus the prize shop in the end is good motivation for profit :P

Another good motivation is the separate boards the teams would make. Like only MSN score boards and such. Join the boards with your team and your team alone can really push you to the limit.

Oh wow, thanks for the tips everyone :D

I time myself and do an hour of play then an hour or more of break. It works pretty well.

I also listen to music a lot. XD

I like that idea the most, I'll have to start that tomorrow (today, I guess, since it's 12:40 where I am) whenver I wake up. Keep the ideas coming, and best of luck to everyone this year (:

One way I motivate myself is that the total games I've played has to end in a zero, so then I'm guaranteed to play ten games through. If it's an especially boring day, I'll do it in groups of five and switch around but I can't just stop at some random number because it doesn't look right XD Also, have a big water bottle handy. You'll remember to take breaks because you'll have to go to the bathroom eventually!

IDK Why but what I do is go all out at the first hours of the day then go all out at the last hours. So basically my motivation is time pressure and stuff.

Though since my schedule is packed I only do 30 YYB - 5 MSN - and 300 SOSD games a day which means I don't really spend a lot of time.

I dunno...when I first signed up in AC4 I couldn't stand to play much...even in AC5, I barely did much playing (though I did get rank 8? I think). Last year, I just really wanted to push my team. This year, I'm finding it's a breeze for me to play. I've gotten to a point where I just enjoy it and work to see how much I can do in one day. Plus, there's always the motivation of making sure I give Terror Mountain all I can. I really want them to win because even though it shouldn't matter whether your team wins or loses, it's encouraging to see them succeed and know you had a part in that. I mean, for a team that was bottom-of-the-barrel for a long time, it's cool knowing we've had successes and breakthroughs. Even our captain, Prytariel, now ranks among the top goal scorers and in a fairly high position.

Also, I have a new system this year. After so many games of YYB, I switch to another game. I play MSN until my hands/arms just can't take it anymore, or I do about an hour or so of SoSD. Then go back for another round of YYB.

First of all, when it comes to the side games, I always play in intervals where I score a single rank point. So I always play Slushie Slinger in pairs, and SoSD and MSN in 12s (or sometimes splitting the 12 between the 2 games like 6/6 or 9/3). Secondly, I love my team and want them to succeed. That's enough to make me wanna go bananas. I also always have something distracting me, to keep my mind off the monotony. And lastly, I push myself to play as many games as I can stand, then take a 2 or 3 hour break. I end up playing more than 50 games of YYB a day, not counting the side games. :)

I'm thinking about a nice, gold trophy on my lookup :P & the prizes. Since I'm pretty much only playing AC, there's not much time for KQ which means my bank balance isn't rising. & I watch TV aside :)

+ I would LOVE to see Maraqua at least in the top 4 :)

I think "If my team lost today, it was probably my fault cause I didn't give it my all" and I think in the end, it'll all be worth it with a nice trophy, nice prizes, and nice stats on my user lookup :D

Personally I play 5 of each game in rotation, I really detest Slushie Slinger, so I save that for last. I do that whole pattern 3-4 times before I quit for the day, it gets old after a while.

Motivation doesn't really matter. I happen to just play the games in hopes of a great turnout of scores for my team. As long as they are on the bottom, I'm going to keep pushing out more scores. Granted.. I missed the opening day. So I'm behind already :)

I do something else while playing like watching tv or listening to audiobooks. The audiobooks are the better solution because I sometimes get distracted by my tv a bit too much and I completely forget that the opponent is attacking my goal. :laughingsmiley: Yesterday for example I just planned to play four more games to reach the next Rank (listened to a book at that time) and then go to bed. Ended up still playing 20 more games because Terry Pratchett was too funny to notice that time and games were passing by really fast.

Gah I'm starting to fall to my usual AC trend.

>Play decently, enough to get All Star a few days before the cup ends.

>Miss a few days before the middle of the cup due to IRL stuff.

>Loses drive to play the AC the day after and the day after, till before I know it, the cup is over.

That's why I ended up as Rank 5 Last year. :mellow:

So yeah I kinda start wondering, besides the rewards of course, how people do it. I usually bring it all out then falter the longer the cup goes on.

One way I motivate myself is that the total games I've played has to end in a zero, so then I'm guaranteed to play ten games through. If it's an especially boring day, I'll do it in groups of five and switch around but I can't just stop at some random number because it doesn't look right XD Also, have a big water bottle handy. You'll remember to take breaks because you'll have to go to the bathroom eventually!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that!! My only exception is slushie slinger where I make sure it ends in 5 or 0 as that game does my nut in to play regularly!!

Another staff member and I are racing to Rank 15. She is slightly ahead at the moment, but I'm still finishing up schoolwork!

Beyond that, I play YYB and SS in groups of 5 and MSN and SOSD in groups of 25. The latter two must - at the end of the day - be a multiple of 50 or 100 (depending on how my wrist is feeling).