Gaming Discussion!!

khaos

Your standard gaming discussion page. Favorite game, favorite game system, first game, all games, gaming games, anything you want! :D

There's a site that Neomysterion showed me about a year ago (has it really been that long?!) called vgcollect where you can list your games and see other people's collections.

I'll start off with a few questions, like:

First console?

Favorite game?

Favorite console?

Oldest game you still have? (In terms of when you got it)

Last game you got?

Game you're looking forward to being released?

My answers:

1. Gameboy Advance SP, with a little Mario sticker on the top of it. :D

2. Pokemon FireRed. I love that game.

3. Nintendo DS, great handheld and i have a ton of games on it. :P

4. WarioWare, Inc. It was my second game, but i sold my first and then bought another one. xD

5. Pokemon HeartGold or Kirby's Epic Yarn. I can't remember which, :P

6. POKEMON BLACK 2/WHITE 2. OMGOMGOMGICAN'TWAITFORTHATGAME

*pants heavily*

I'm not much of a gamer, but since I still love my first console, I have to answer these questions :P

First console? PS1 :D

Favorite game? Tomba! Also Casper, Spyro, Tomb Raider, and Crash Bandicoot

Favorite console? PS1

Oldest game you still have? Tomba ^^

Last game you got? Tomba :D LOL I bought a new, unscratched version

Game you're looking forward to being released? None, I love my PS1. Newer games are too fancy and fast paced for me. I miss the simplicity of the PS1 games. I like mmorpgs though, I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2.

First console? Nintendo Family Computer (Japanese release of the NES, it's 25 years old and still works)

Favorite game? Final Fantasy series (IX/X I love the most)

Favorite console? Xbox 360

Oldest game you still have? (In terms of when you got it) We still have our Famicom games: Galaga, Battle City, Bomberman, Final Fantasy, Super Mario, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (all still work, by the way :))

Last game you got? Diablo 3

Game you're looking forward to being released? Final Fantasy XIII-Versus and Guild Wars 2

I basically grew up gaming, and was shooting aliens on Galaga long before I could walk or talk :P

178898_3254032666492_2039342953_n.jpg

(comes from a family of gamers)

Holy crud, that's an exhaustive collection of game consoles, Kaie.

First console?

Atari 2600, it was my father's.

Favorite game?

I have too many to list. :P

Super Spy Hunter, Wario's Woods (NES), Kirby Super Star, Pokemon (1st to 4th Generations), and Alien Hominid just to name some.

Favorite console?

NES, alongside Game Boy, Super NES, Nintendo Gamecube, and Nintendo DS.

May have been either Pac-Man (Atari 2600) or Asteroids (Atari 2600), both were also my father's.

Last game you got?

Ribbit King (GCN), Smashing Drive (GCN), and Super Bubble Pop (GCN).

I was taking advantage of a buy 2, get 1 free deal that Gamestop was having on GCN titles.

Kirby Anniversary Collection (working title)- I hope Nintendo releases this for the Wii some point this year.

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2- Just to finish off my Pokemon version collection.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I'd like to ask everyone these questions:

What is the rarest or most valuable/expensive game that you own?

What types of gaming accessories that you own?

What are your favourite gaming companies (can be either publishers, manufacturers or developers)?

How many hours a day do you play video games (either console, handheld, or online)?

What is your favourite gaming genre?

Ooh! And Kaie, i SWEAR I've seen that pic before?! Is that yours?

Super Mario All-Stars for the Wii, Limited Edition :) got it for Christmas AND it came with some soundtracks which i installed yesterday :P

Pokewalker, and a GBA link cable with one slot in the middle of it.

What are your favourite gaming companies (can be either publishers, manufacturers or developers)?

Nintendo and Game Freak :D

How many hours a day do you play video games (either console, handheld, or online)?

Well, my parents are limiting my computer time until 9 pm, and i'm getting an NES from my cousin next week, so it'll raise then, but as of now, about 1 - 3 hours. :)

Platformer and RPG :D

Gaming is my life :laughingsmiley:

My favorite game at the moment is anything Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat vs DCU, Mortal Kombat on the PS3, and Mortal Kombat Deception. My favorite MK characters, are Mileena, Frost, Jade, Scorpion, Kitana, Sheeva and Baraka.

I'm getting a 3DS for my birthday and if I can afford them 13 games for it. Not to mention I'm getting Lollipop Chainsaw the day or day after it comes out. I've made a list of 3DS games. That list will be on my blog shortly. You can view my gaming blog if you want:

http://nahemahgames.blogspot.com/

First console?

The NES and the Sega Mega System - I honestly can't remember which one we got first! Still got both in working condition as well.

Favorite game?

Legend of Dragoon. It's the game that I keep coming back to again and again and again.

Favorite console?

Toss up between the Nintendo DS and the PS2. I love my DS with a passion and take it everywhere. But I'm equally attached to my PS2.

We still have the full selection of NES, SNES, Master System games!

Last game you got?

I bought a DS cartridge from 3DSgames.com which has 29 different games on it for £1 each! Steal!

Currently Pokemon Black 2 and the remake of Legend of Dragoon that still needs to make it's way to the UK

Legend of Dragoon and Monster Rancher (PS1 version) are both pretty steep to buy on ebay etc now!

I have my DS game pouches but that's about it

Nintendo and the people who make Final Fantasy games

Including neopets far far too much...not including neopets still too much!

RPG.

First console? PS1

Favorite game? The Sims 3

Favorite console? Probably have to go with my PS2.

Oldest game you still have? Hmm I still have all my games but I'll go with the oldest I still actually play at times so probably Animal Crossing for gamecube.

Last game you got? Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack

Game you're looking forward to being released? Right now there really isn't anything I'm waiting for.

Let me try to answer my own questions. :P

Bubble Bobble Part 2 (NES), cost me $85 USD.

NES: Zapper Light Gun, Arkanoid Controller (for Arkanoid), Power Pad Mat, NES Advantage controller, Power Glove (with all components)

Game Boy: Just an old Game Boy link cable

Super NES: Super Scope, SNES Mouse, Super Game Boy

Nintendo 64: Transfer Pak (needs more N64 stuff)

Game Boy Advance: Game Boy Advance Link Cable, e-Reader

Nintendo Gamecube: Game Boy Player, GCN-GBA link cable

Nintendo, HAL Laboratory, Game Freak, Sunsoft, Jaleco, Irem, Taito, Hudson Soft, Tecmo, Natsume, Capcom, and Konami (among others)

16 to 18 hours (most of that is spent on Neopets :P)

Platformer, Puzzle, Fighting, just to name some

Also Secre, it was Square-Enix who's behind Final Fantasy.

Also Secre, it was Square-Enix who's behind Final Fantasy.

Thank ye!! I knew it was someone obvious but having been at work since silly o clock this morning my brain is refusing to work!! Thanks.

Somehow I missed these questions in my original post:

What is the rarest or most valuable/expensive game that you own? Hmm I don't really think I have any rare/valuable games.

What types of gaming accessories that you own? Balance board for Wii fit and a steering wheel for Mario Cart. A bunch of mics for singing games as well. Oh and I have rock band and guitar hero. Also the skate board for Tony Hawk.

What are your favourite gaming companies (can be either publishers, manufacturers or developers)? EA

How many hours a day do you play video games (either console, handheld, or online)? In the summer probably 2. During the school year closer to zero unfortunately.

What is your favourite gaming genre? Hmm whatever the sims would be considered I guess.

I'm getting an NES next week and maybe an N64 from my cousins. :D They have Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64 on it, so I'mma be busy with that BLJing on the SM64 endless stairs. :D

First console?

Uhh I think it was a game boy advance. I got my first video game with that too. Yeah Pokemon! :)

Favorite game?

Bioshock. I love that video game so much. I just love the era! <3

Favorite console?

Xbox 360 even though I currently have a PS3. :\

Uhhh..I still have the game boy game of Pokemon somewhere :P

Last game you got?

Silent Hill Downpour. Pretty good game but really has no replay value :\

GTA V and Bioshock Infinite. I'm not really ecstatic about either though.

-

Other questions too:

..I don't know? I don't really own rare games. I'd say my actual console cost the most.

I have the Playstation Move, A Guitar for Guitar Hero and Rock Band. That's about it aside from the obvious controller.

2K Games (or what it is now: Irrational Games)

I rarely play every day. When I do play video games it's 3-5 hours I'd guess.. sometimes less and sometimes more. That would be for console since I don't play handheld too much or ever ;P Online would be only a hour or so..since I play Minecraft on the computer and that's kind of online.

Is there a genre with definite storyline?! I love video games with a good plot..but if I had to actually say a genre I'd say RPG (like Fallout 3, which I love also, and Skyrim)

First console?

The original playstation, it was the best day of my life. :3

Favorite game?

Currently, Skyrim. xD When I had my PS, it was Spyro.

Favorite console?

Probably my PS3. ;-; It's so lovely.

Oh gosh. Uhm. I still have my Sims game from my xbox. Yeah, I think that's the oldest game I have. xD

Last game you got?

Skyrim. ;_;

UGH. THE NEXT ELDER SCROLLS. Actually, they have an expansion thing for Skyrim I would LOVE to have but I'd have to start all over because of who my character is.

Skyrim is the first Elder Scroll game I've played. I hope I'm saying this right. Once I get a better computer, I want all the games. :c

Here are some more questions! :D

What game are you currently wanting to buy?

Least favorite game?

About how many games do you have?

When did you get your first game?

My answers:

I want Dragon Quest 5 so i'll have all of the Zenithia trilogy games of DQ. :P And Pokemon Conquest, which is coming out in a few days.

I hatehatehate Fortress for the GBA. Oh my god that game was dumb. xD

I have about 130 games or so. Not bad i suppose :P

I got my first game when i was 5, back in 2005 or 2006.

I love answering questions!

I really want to get Skyrim on my computer and get the other Elder Scroll games!

Least favorite game?

Oh no. Uhm, I don't know if I have a least favorite game? o.o OH! Wait.I had this surfing game. You could barely do anything and I kept getting eaten by sharks or something. I hated it. l:

10+. I can't think of them all but I know have at least 10.

I think when I was in about .. well, crap. Maybe when I was in first or second grade? I honestly can't remember. o.o" Maybe I had it longer? I can't remember for the life of me. xD

I also want to add that I love the game "Left 4 Dead". xD I forgot that one.

First console? The SNES about 16-19 years ago maybe.

Favorite game? Not really got a favorite game, Final Fantasy 7/9 would be near the top.

Favorite console? Xbox360

Oldest game you still have? (In terms of when you got it) Probably a Super Mario Game from the SNES

Last game you got? Mass Effect 3

Game you're looking forward to being released? Assassin Creed 3, GTA, New Resident Evil and finally new Hitman

What is the rarest or most valuable/expensive game that you own? Probably "Heart of Darkness" PS1. Sells used cheap but if you want to buy new, selling for over $100

How many hours a day do you play video games (either console, handheld, or online)? Not too many anymore, Most of my time is working online now rather than gaming.

What is your favourite gaming genre? RPG, Open world games, Action-Adventure etc

What game are you currently wanting to buy? See Above

Least favorite game? Heart of Darkness did seem pretty impossible at the end and I always failed it

About how many games do you have? Over 100, Just sold off a few but hard to sell some.

When did you get your first game? Hmmm maybe in 1992-4

First console? Game Boy Color

Favorite game? Final Fantasy IX

Favorite console? DS Lite

Oldest game you still have? (In terms of when you got it) Pokemon Red

Last game you got? The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

Game you're looking forward to being released? Pokemon Black/White 2 and Animal Crossing 3DS

What is the rarest or most valuable/expensive game that you own? I guess my rarest/valuable game is officially my Final Fantasy 9 with Nobuo Uematsu's autograph :P

What types of gaming accessories that you own? Guitar for Guitar Hero, DDR mats, Mics for Karaoke Revolution, that thing to play Pokemon Stadium with GBC games, and those wires to connect GBA to Gamecube.

What are your favourite gaming companies (can be either publishers, manufacturers or developers)? Square-Enix, Nintendo, Bethesda, and Atlus

How many hours a day do you play video games (either console, handheld, or online)? I honestly don't know...haven't had time to play nowadays but it used to be a LOT!

What is your favourite gaming genre? RPGs FTW!!!!

What game are you currently wanting to buy? Pokemon Black 2 and Animal Crossing 3DS!

Least favorite game? Um...some Powerpuff Girls game I used to own until I sold it xD

About how many games do you have? Over 100+

When did you get your first game? That hot summer day back in 1997 when I finally got a game to call my own and not borrow my brother's xD

My turn to add to the questions:

Favorite Hero

Favorite Villain

If you could make any sequel (to a game which hasn;t got one) What would it be:

If you could Create any new game what would it be.

My Answers

Favorite Hero, Sonic, Zelda, Mario, Pacman, Ezio, Agent 47, Squall, Cloud.

Favorite Villain, Eggman, Bowser, Sephiroth, Kuja

If you could make any sequel (to a game which hasn;t got one) What would it be: Maybe a Lost Odyssey/Blue Dragon Sequel, only if they made them amazingly well, otherwise it ruins the orginal

If you could Create any new game what would it be. Maybe a game based on Archer or Breaking Bad (Both epic tv shows)

To answer all of your questions in one lovely post...

First Console: Game Boy Color

Favorite Game: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Favorite Console: PS3

Oldest Game You Still Have: Pokemon Blue

Last Game You Got: Lollipop Chainsaw

Games You're Looking Forward To Being Released: Pokemon White 2, Resident Evil 6, Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy

What is the rarest or most valuable/expensive game that you own? Not Sure....

What types of gaming accessories that you own? Wii Fit

What are your favourite gaming companies (can be either publishers, manufacturers or developers)? Capcom, Nintendo, Ubisoft, and Sega

How many hours a day do you play video games (either console, handheld, or online)? Not Sure

What is your favourite gaming genre? Fighting, Shooter, RPG and Virtual Pet

What game are you currently wanting to buy? Devil May Cry HD Collection

Least favorite game? I like all my games but my least favorite is Hello Kitty Birthday Adventures for the DS

About how many games do you have? 100+ that's for sure

When did you get your first game? When I was 5

Favorite Hero: Sora(Kingdom Hearts)

Favorite Villain: Wesker(Resident Evil)

If you could make any sequel (to a game which hasn;t got one) What would it be: Pokemon Battle Revolution 2: Black and White

If you could Create any new game what would it be. A video game about dolphins!!!! Oh, there's already one :/

I see more questions were added!

Fallout 3: Game of the year edition

Least favorite game?

Hmm probably the Final Fantasy franchise.

Probably 15, I think.

When I was eight. I loved pokemon back then xD

least favorite is Final Fantasy? :O

Favorite Hero:

Either Red from Pokemon or Hero from DQ6

Favorite Villain:

TEAM ROCKET (Pokemon), Nokturnus (Dragon Quest 6), Ganon (LoZ) and most of all, BOWSER

If you could make any sequel (to a game which hasn't got one) What would it be:

Hmm.... Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes, definitely.

If you could Create any new game what would it be.

A game that's a platformer and an RPG mixed in one >:3 ooh, a Mario/Pokemon crossover! :D