The ALP

Matt

I have a question. I know we're not allowed to ask for more than one item at once. But say I'm on a pet lending chain. Am I still allowed to ask to borrow an item, or does the pet count as a "borrowed item" and I can't ask to borrow anything else until afterwords?

• 1 month later...

*shrugs* Its a trust thing - the more effort you've put into your account, the less likely you are to risk having it frozen by running off with one of our pets. Once a member reachs the required post count here on the forums we look to your Neopets account for things like how many avatars you already have, your account's age, your pets and your trophies. Given that your post count is higher than we require, you've got lower account standards that you need to meet. For someone who was barely over the 25 post limit we would have higher standards for their Neopets account.

We pull all that together - both Neopets account and forums activity - and make a judgement call on whether we thing you are trustworthy or not... and if not we offer suggestions as to what you can do to improve for next time you apply.

I just got my Gruslen avatar, and I'm about to abandon this pet because I've had him for too long (I go to the pound and I adopt pets at random; then I dress them up, feed them, increase their stats, and read them some books; then I put them back into the pound after a while):

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Techomeoch

Would TDN be interested in taking him?

Guest riwu0730

What is the required number of post for reduced collateral?

And about the pet lending, I think it is possible to collect collateral.

The person who wants to lend the pet has to pay a certain collateral in advance through the trading post (just put a junk item and the person will have to offer the appropriate collateral)

Then after he transfers the pet back or to another user, he will get his collateral back and whoever that lend the pet again has to pay the collateral again.

Does this mean if I have more posts or a higher age on my Neopets account then the avatar requirement goes down?

In your case, not really - I refuse to lend anyone with less thann 150 avatars anyway which is the count I have on my side where I can't get anygames or dailies avvies. I think that is a reasonable target for people. Also the other aspect of your account were on the lower side too - if you want me to elaborate on that comment, PM the avvie lending account as its not really something I want to get into here.

I just got my Gruslen avatar, and I'm about to abandon this pet because I've had him for too long (I go to the pound and I adopt pets at random; then I dress them up, feed them, increase their stats, and read them some books; then I put them back into the pound after a while):

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Techomeoch

Would TDN be interested in taking him?

Aww thank you for your kind offer :) We do already have an aged Gruslen though, on our Island Quiggle.

What is the required number of post for reduced collateral?

And about the pet lending, I think it is possible to collect collateral.

The person who wants to lend the pet has to pay a certain collateral in advance through the trading post (just put a junk item and the person will have to offer the appropriate collateral)

Then after he transfers the pet back or to another user, he will get his collateral back and whoever that lend the pet again has to pay the collateral again.

We cannot say what the required post count is, because once you reach a certain point its a log scale. The more you post, the less collateral you can have.

And as for your second idea, that is very much against TNT's rules :/ We can take collateral for items - we cannot do so for pets. Its not the logistics of it that stop us from doing so, if we were allowed then we would... but we're not, so we don't. Simple as that!

Aww thank you for your kind offer :) We do already have an aged Gruslen though, on our Island Quiggle.

Ah. So you won't need my aged Gruslen to start another lending chain? I sort of imagined that my aged Gruslen would at least help people get that Gruslen avatar faster because you'd have two aged Gruslens making the rounds instead of just one. I guess I misunderstood. ^_^

Does that mean if we change main accounts, we have to work up that account to what our old account was at?

Pretty much yeah. If you're a very well-known user we might be more easy on the requirements, but then again if you've been on enough chains that I know who you are I can't see why you'd want to start again on a new account!

Ah. So you won't need my aged Gruslen to start another lending chain? I sort of imagined that my aged Gruslen would at least help people get that Gruslen avatar faster because you'd have two aged Gruslens making the rounds instead of just one. I guess I misunderstood. ^_^

Ahah, sorry! Organising chains is kinda a nightmare... thats why I aged as many petpets as I could on the painted pets xD Less chains to worry about then :P

Ahah, sorry! Organising chains is kinda a nightmare... thats why I aged as many petpets as I could on the painted pets xD Less chains to worry about then :P

I can imagine! Thanks for clarifying, Icy Izzy! I think I'll hang on to him for a bit. By the way, I may have time next week to Neopets, so I wonder if I can post something in TDN's Anything & Everything Neopets forum announcing that I want to give Techomeoch away so that at least some other forum member will get him. Is this OK? Or could this cause drama and fiction? Conflict with the ALP? Against forum rules? Anything? You don't have to answer here; I don't want to derail this thread - you can just PM me if that's more convenient or appropriate. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Izzy! I've got a question for you (or anyone who knows the answer). Does the ALP allow people to join pet lending chains using their side accounts?

Erm... no we don't o_O There are limited places on each chain (because pets can only be transferred once per day and each month has a set number of days) so we'd prefer to keep it at main accounts only. Also, I have enough trouble dealing with people who don't sign on to their main accounts when they're meant to... it would only be worse for side accounts! Sorry!

Thanks, Izzy! It was just one of those questions I had to know the answer to. ;)

@4ftwingspan: This is quite a common question that people have been asking (including the first post on this page you have posted on. ;) ).

So I'll put it in bold: The TDN ALP donation shop/account is: tdnalp

You probably missed it from above but that's it. :)