The ALP

Matt

On 2/6/2017 at 7:14 PM, Rune Valentine said:

Yes, that's me. I am on +15 PST and only get on after midnight.

And we have more than enough items to not tie up the lends one bit, don't worry.

Oooh I should have known by your handle name XD

Thank you again, I love ALP!

*EDIT*  ah, I confused Rein with Rune... but then they're a bit similar... oh well :P

• 2 weeks later...

Can I leave a message here for the tdnalp  Donation Shop? There were only 5 1k np bottles of sand, so I only bought b2 but... there is a definite need to restock. Can we send bottles of sand to that account for them to use in the Shop? If Mouseykins (Dawn) or Rune Valentine could get a message to emily/tdnalp , that would be great. Just let us know how we can help.;)

• 2 weeks later...

On 2017-02-18 at 11:09 PM, midnight_spell360 said:

Can I leave a message here for the tdnalp  Donation Shop? There were only 5 1k np bottles of sand, so I only bought b2 but... there is a definite need to restock. Can we send bottles of sand to that account for them to use in the Shop? If Mouseykins (Dawn) or Rune Valentine could get a message to emily/tdnalp , that would be great. Just let us know how we can help.;)

9 hours ago, crystolm said:

I want to donate to the TDN Donation shop but there are no items :(

I will message the lady that looks after the donations shop in the morning so she can check when she has a chance. :D

On 3/4/2017 at 8:35 PM, Mouseykins said:

I will message the lady that looks after the donations shop in the morning so she can check when she has a chance. :D

Thank you, I was able to donate this morning! Hope we can get enough to get the MSPP soon!

I have a small problem. I can't remember if I actually asked to be lent for the codestone avvie or not, so I've been waiting around a while. But it's been about two weeks. Should I wait a bit more or actually go ask? (I'm really leaning towards I only think I already did it)

49 minutes ago, Anxious Zombie said:

I have a small problem. I can't remember if I actually asked to be lent for the codestone avvie or not, so I've been waiting around a while. But it's been about two weeks. Should I wait a bit more or actually go ask? (I'm really leaning towards I only think I already did it)

We have your request in our system so it'll get processed when one of our lenders is available. :D

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

Are there no pet lends for April? Or are they just delayed? I never heard anything about the request I sent, but I see the pet lending time table has been updated to May already. 

I found your ticket in our system and it just hasn't been processed yet. @deboratibi is doing the chains this month so she'll be able to give you a better answer. :D

6 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Are there no pet lends for April? Or are they just delayed? I never heard anything about the request I sent, but I see the pet lending time table has been updated to May already. 

I've sent you a neomail!

But just so everyone knows: the time table is updated automatically, so the fact that it updated is not an indicative that the chains for the current month are running. In fact, more often than not, the chains are pending because there aren't enough people. So if you haven't heard from me yet, don't worry, there won't be any chains running without you. I will process your ticket and let you know everything as soon as I can. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

I've sent you a neomail!

But just so everyone knows: the time table is updated automatically, so the fact that it updated is not an indicative that the chains for the current month are running. In fact, more often than not, the chains are pending because there aren't enough people. So if you haven't heard from me yet, don't worry, there won't be any chains running without you. I will process your ticket and let you know everything as soon as I can. Thanks!

Thanks for responding, and sorry to have jumped the gun a bit! 

Idk if this is something the ALP team would consider, but it may be helpful to put the number of people who are applying for each chain on the timetable (instead of just full/pending/cancelled)--I, for one, have a whole list of chains to apply for at some point, and if I saw that certain ones were closer to running than others, I would apply for those as first priority, and it may be easier to consolidate applications. Rather than perhaps inadvertently splitting people up across a bunch of chains that are very unlikely to run. Idk if explained that well, but just a suggestion! Thanks for your help, this is such a great program even if it doesn't get to run all the time! 

Soooo I'm not sure what chains are or what all this is for really, assuming its to get avvies for the impossible to get items and such, not sure how this works BUT I wanna help! I saw something about donations. That I can do! So where is this shop at so I can buy stuffs and donate to the greater good?

The ALP scares me, lol. I've tried reading through all the info before and it overwhelms my broken brain, it's all a bit daunting. But I like @kayahtik's suggestion, is something like that workable? Would it be a horribly larger amount of work for you guys?

I think I'd find the idea of using the program less intimidating if I could see more clearly what the best chains to currently apply for were.

If it could be done I think more people would use it, which SHOULD cut down on the amount of forever-pending chains, right? Should doesn't always like to play ball, I'm well aware of this! :laughingsmiley:

6 hours ago, fantazia01 said:

Soooo I'm not sure what chains are or what all this is for really, assuming its to get avvies for the impossible to get items and such, not sure how this works BUT I wanna help! I saw something about donations. That I can do! So where is this shop at so I can buy stuffs and donate to the greater good?

Check out the shop belonging to the user tdnalp There's currently a few items in stock.

37 minutes ago, just4dailies said:

Check out the shop belonging to the user tdnalp There's currently a few items in stock.

Thanks for posting this! I KNEW I had the shop bookmarked, but now I remember that's on my other laptop, which has since broken...so that's  why I can't find it on this one. :rolleyes::laughingsmiley:

I don't know how viable it would be to implement that idea, but in my opinion it's certainly worth considering!

In the meantime, however, I suppose I could inform you guys via this topic? I know it's not ideal because not everyone will look here, but it might be somewhat helpful.

Confirmed Chains
April
Orange Grundo
Starts: April 12th (delays may happen)
Applications are still open: http://alp.thedailyneopets.com/?page=request_pet
But don't forget to read the rules: http://alp.thedailyneopets.com/?page=rules_pet

Pending Chains
Most likely to run soon:
Draik, Snow & Harris*
Island Quiggle & Gruslen
Coconut Jubjub & Snicklebeast
Mummy Ruki
Werelupe & Mootix
Whee! & Snow

Least likely to run soon:
Fire Blumaroo
Grey Wocky & Huggy
Jetsam & Quadrapus
Ghost Krawk, Pink & Mazzew*

* There's a 150 post requirement for this one as opposed to the regular 25

Bah, I've used up all my likes! *hugs Deb's post instead*

I'm coming back to this later, once I've had my afternoon downtime and brain's (hopefully) rebooted a little. Prepare for answering many questions from me when I'm not understanding things! :lmaosmiley:

30 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Bah, I've used up all my likes! *hugs Deb's post instead*

SAME! This is super helpful though, so thanks Deb!

Is it possible/is there a procedure to switch some of the chains I applied for from the least likely ones to the more likely ones? I think I had applied for Fire Blumaroo (if my nearly illegible list is correct), but I would be happy (selfish) to switch it to one of the others if that puts it closer to running! 

Thanks guys! Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, I'll be glad to help ^_^

22 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Is it possible/is there a procedure to switch some of the chains I applied for from the least likely ones to the more likely ones? I think I had applied for Fire Blumaroo (if my nearly illegible list is correct), but I would be happy (selfish) to switch it to one of the others if that puts it closer to running! 

Yes, it's possible! You can just apply again and I'll make the necessary changes.

I can like again now! *does so*

I really DON'T get why that resets in the middle of the afternoon for me, that doesn't make any kind of sense with timezones o_O

I'm currently on BST or GMT/UTC+1 as the clocks have gone forward (BST = British "summer" time, trololol... :rolleyes:) don't the likes reset at midnight UTC? Or at least, isn't that when they're meant to? Confused ^_^;;

I've tried doing a bit of reading on the ALP pages but yeah, it's still totally overwhelming me >_< I think I'll just back away slowly. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I've tried doing a bit of reading on the ALP pages but yeah, it's still totally overwhelming me >_< I think I'll just back away slowly. :ph34r:

I think the process is kind of a 'learn by doing' type thing. At least, I felt much more confident with it after I'd actually done it. Of course you want to understand as much as you can before you participate to avoid problems, but the ALP team is great and also provide instructions every step of the way to make sure everything goes smoothly, so don't be too afraid!

46 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I think the process is kind of a 'learn by doing' type thing. At least, I felt much more confident with it after I'd actually done it. Of course you want to understand as much as you can before you participate to avoid problems, but the ALP team is great and also provide instructions every step of the way to make sure everything goes smoothly, so don't be too afraid!

Well yes, learn-by-doing is kind of how I have to function with everything now, but I feel I'd need to be babied through this very closely and, well, I feel pretty damn awkward about that.

Where's my Mentor-Signal!

*trundles onto rooftop* @rntracy1 do you think I'm ready to brave the treacherous waters of Lake ALP, or will I drown? :ohno01: You say I've come a long way, but I'm feeling this is a step too far at the moment. :wacko: HALP!

2 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Yeah, I was nervous to even apply. I've read the rules repeatedly and I'm still afraid I'm going to mess up somehow. 

1 hour ago, Midgetlegs said:

Yeah, I was nervous to even apply. I've read the rules repeatedly and I'm still afraid I'm going to mess up somehow. 

Super glad I'm not the only one, LOL!