The ALP

Matt

For Pet Chains as long as you read your neomail from Deb carefully and have a spot open when it's your turn and don't delay the chain you're golden. If there's a delay on your end, just be sure to let her know so she can shuffle things around if necessary. Be sure not to ignore your neomails despite being online, we check and ignoring us when we know you've been online will get you banned from ALP Pet Chains as well as ALP Item Lends.

For ALP Item Lends as long as you listen to the instructions you're given and don't give our lenders a headache everything is alright. :D

If you have any questions or need something clarified, please don't hesitate to ask. :D

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Well yes, learn-by-doing is kind of how I have to function with everything now, but I feel I'd need to be babied through this very closely and, well, I feel pretty damn awkward about that.

Where's my Mentor-Signal!

*trundles onto rooftop* @rntracy1 do you think I'm ready to brave the treacherous waters of Lake ALP, or will I drown? :ohno01: You say I've come a long way, but I'm feeling this is a step too far at the moment. :wacko: HALP!

7 hours ago, Midgetlegs said:

Yeah, I was nervous to even apply. I've read the rules repeatedly and I'm still afraid I'm going to mess up somehow. 

As you both seem interested, I think you are both ready. I was really nervous, the first time I participated, but, as @kayahtik explained, the TDN ALP staff does send Neomails on the who, what, where, when, why, and how. The two of you could be the difference of a chain lend running, for this month, or not. Although there a lot of TDN regulars online everyday, I believe many may already have all/most the pet and petpet avatars, and that leaves only a few signing up for lends. But not enough for the chain lend to run. So, why not give it a try? Who knows? You might have a nice new shiny avatar(s) to show off!

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

As you both seem interested, I think you are both ready. I was really nervous, the first time I participated, but, as @kayahtik explained, the TDN ALP staff does send Neomails on the who, what, where, when, why, and how. The two of you could be the difference of a chain lend running, for this month, or not. Although there a lot of TDN regulars online everyday, I believe many may already have all/most the pet and petpet avatars, and that leaves only a few signing up for lends. But not enough for the chain lend to run. So, why not give it a try? Who knows? You might have a nice new shiny avatar(s) to show off!

Hmm, now I wonder...if someone thinks I'm ready, can that magically make it so? What do you think? That would be super handy! Got your magic wand to wave, Scoobert?

My problem is simply that there's so much to read and process with regard to this, and my broken brain just can't take it in, it gets all :hmmph: at me whenever I try. -_-

11 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Hmm, now I wonder...if someone thinks I'm ready, can that magically make it so? What do you think? That would be super handy! Got your magic wand to wave, Scoobert?

My problem is simply that there's so much to read and process with regard to this, and my broken brain just can't take it in, it gets all :hmmph: at me whenever I try. -_-

My apologies for making assumptions I shouldn't have and speaking when I shouldn't have. *puts both feet back in mouth*

EDIT: Apologies to Midgetlegs, too.

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

My apologies for making assumptions I shouldn't have and speaking when I shouldn't have. *puts both feet back in mouth*

EDIT: Apologies to Midgetlegs, too.

You don't have to apologise to me, Scooby, reading my reply to you again I can see it could be interpreted as me being sarcastic, but it totally wasn't, I'd LOVE it if someone else's positive thinking really could influence my abilities, that would be completely amazing. I very often need an action from someone else to kick my brain into letting me do something, so it's not totally beyond the realms of possibility that good vibes could have an effect too, so yeah, get busy with that wand! :heart:

Also, you must be crazy flexible if you can get both feet in your mouth! :bigeyed::ph34r:

21 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

Hi guys. I have an Orange grundo that I'd like to donate to the ALP. Is that possible? 

Thank you very much for the offer! We already have an Orange Grundo and don't require another one.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few updates regarding the pet chains!

Confirmed Chains
May

Don't forget to read the rules: http://alp.thedailyneopets.com/?page=rules_pet

Pending Chains
Could run in May if one or two more people enter:

• Werelupe & Mootix

Very likely to run in June:

• Whee! & Snow

More likely to run in July onward:

• Coconut Jubjub & Snicklebeast
  • Mummy Ruki
  • Werelupe & Mootix

Least likely to run soon:

• Fire Blumaroo
  • Grey Wocky & Huggy
  • Jetsam & Quadrapus
  • Ghost Krawk, Pink & Mazzew*

* There's a 150 post requirement for this one as opposed to the regular 25

Talking about ALP

t_1233.gif

**Shopkeeper Note** All donations are appreciated. However, please try to limit the number of bottles being bought. For example, if you plan on donating 30k, please purchase one 30k bottle rather than fifteen 2k bottles, ten 3k bottles, etc. It makes it much easier to keep the shop stocked for others who wish to donate :) 

Sorry Jerry!  I bought your last tiki_bluesand.gif2 bottles of Blue Sand b)!  Time to RESTOCK! :rock:

There are no items for sale in this shop!

Can we gift particular items to the store account to be sold? Is that something you're happy for people to do?

It appeals to my twisty way of thinking to imagine donating a bottle of sand just so I can buy it back for 30k, and then giving it back again. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I got five new avatars in the past week thanks to TDN ALP! Thanks for all your help, Deb! 

I'm hoping to get the Ghost Krawk/Pink/Mazzew chain soon--I'll probably apply for the July chain, so if anyone wants to join me, get your post count up over the next few weeks =D

On 4/28/2017 at 0:50 PM, jellysundae said:

Can we gift particular items to the store account to be sold? Is that something you're happy for people to do?

It appeals to my twisty way of thinking to imagine donating a bottle of sand just so I can buy it back for 30k, and then giving it back again. :laugh:

Donations to the sand are always appreciated (I really dislike sand shopping... hence why sometimes the shop is a little lowww). However, my schedule is ridiculous, so I don't always get on to accept the item being sent in time before it expires. I'm reallllly trying to work on getting online at least once a day and at least opening neopets (I use different browsers for my main where I do the item lends the the ALP account for the pet lends and donations so my brain doesn't always remember to open the ALP browser). Feel free to send sand and I'll try to make more of an effort at accepting it on time :D 

13 hours ago, Emily said:

Donations to the sand are always appreciated (I really dislike sand shopping... hence why sometimes the shop is a little lowww). However, my schedule is ridiculous, so I don't always get on to accept the item being sent in time before it expires. I'm reallllly trying to work on getting online at least once a day and at least opening neopets (I use different browsers for my main where I do the item lends the the ALP account for the pet lends and donations so my brain doesn't always remember to open the ALP browser). Feel free to send sand and I'll try to make more of an effort at accepting it on time :D 

Alrighty! Sending 70-odd assorted bottles of sand tdnalp's way! :thumbsup:

If they end up coming back I'll just throw them at you again. :laugh:

@Emily  Thank You!!! So happy to see the sand bottles are back in your Shop! :happydance:Hey, Jerry   t_1233.gifPlay that Funky Music! :laughingsmiley: 

I just bought me Ooh err this bottle is a rather peculiar shape.Angular Sand Sculpture and am so happy I can donate again!:speak_cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Update on pet chains:

Confirmed Chains
June

We have plenty of free dates for these, so if you still need them, just read the rules to make sure you're eligible and then send in an application!

Pending Chains

Very likely to run in July:

• Mummy Ruki
  • Coconut Jubjub & Snicklebeast

More likely to run in August onward (if enough people join):

• Grey Wocky & Huggy
  • Jetsam & Quadrapus
  • Fire Blumaroo

Least likely to run soon:

• Ghost Krawk, Pink & Mazzew
  • Draik, Snow & Harris
  • Island Quiggle & Gruslen
  • Orange Grundo & Slorg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Robin-chan said:

Just so you guys know, this page has an error: http://alp.thedailyneopets.com/?page=items&id=34

It says that the BGC requirement is only 20 NP, not 20 mil NP. It's correct on other pages about lending, but yeah. 

Thank you for pointing that out to us. I've corrected it to show the correct amount with all them zeros. :D

17 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Thank you for pointing that out to us. I've corrected it to show the correct amount with all them zeros. :D

The MSPP page says 35 NP as well :laugh:

http://alp.thedailyneopets.com/?page=items&id=36

3 hours ago, stebenjos said:

The MSPP page says 35 NP as well :laugh:

http://alp.thedailyneopets.com/?page=items&id=36

Thanks for pointing that one out! I've gone and fixed that one too. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been asked a millions times, but how many posts and how many avatars do you need to start using the pet lending program? I know I have asked this in the past, but I can't find the response any more.

Thank you