The ALP

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Whats the point of having a collateral, besides making sure you dont steal it? If I had a collateral, I would just buy is myself, wouldnt you?; and then resell it. Im just curious. :eh:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Matt) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Posted in the wrong place.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The collateral is a method of ensuring you give back what's ours, yes. But the point is that collateral can be Easy To Sell (ETS) items or a mixture of Neopoints and ETS items. It's convenience.

Plus, how will you know you'll get your money back?

The reason why people borrow with collat is because it is much easier. It can take several days or even weeks for you to buy one of the items, use it and then sell it again. Plus, like Matt said, you could stand to lose money. Lending is just so much easier.

The reason why people borrow with collat is because it is much easier. It can take several days or even weeks for you to buy one of the items, use it and then sell it again. Plus, like Matt said, you could stand to lose money. Lending is just so much easier.

Exactly, beside almost no one on Neopets will just hand you an expensive avvie item for only half collat. so your pretty lucky.

What's our next goal? And how long do you estimate that it will take?

Well I think there are only a few avatar items left. So I think we should aim for MSPP, but that will take quite a while. Either that or we could try for Adam, although collateral will be very hard to control and it would be based on trust, so it probably wouldn't work very well.

Wow, it's been a month after I joined the forums and asked about BGC and now it's available for lending!!!! :evil: I don't know if you guys trust me (or even know me) but I'd be really happy if I could be lent this item for 800k and about 500k in ETS as collat. My lab pet is currently my Grarrl and it just recently changed into one; he used to be a Darigan Pteri when he won 15t place in the BC overall and 3rd place in pet category. Anyways, if someone could please reply to my post about lending me, that would be awesome. b)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Matt) because of a violation of the forum rules.

The post was written on the wrong topic

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello... I´m new around here but tought I could be of some help... I in no time soon will have the budget to get the expensive ones borrowed, but as the cheapest ones... I have some of tem on my SDB and was wondering if I could help in the lending program by allowing you guys to use these items that are just sitting in my SDB. If it´s possible I can help, just let me know please.

Thanks for the time guys.

:S *hoping to soon have collateral for the expensive ones....*

We'd prefer not to have spares of items until we need them. It just saves us space and keeps everything organised. But if you have something we need, then you're more than welcome to send it to Jerrypteri. :)

Whenever the pound is back, I've a pet to donate to the pound. I already spoke with Matt about this, but I'm still determined to donate the Halloween Lupe to the ALP. Plus, it will have an aged Gruslen on it, so there will be 2 avatars from the same pet. Either it will be donated in 1 month, 2 weeks, 5 days, 5 hours, 12 seconds or it will be donated when the pound opens, if it still isn't open by then. v_v;;