The ALP

Matt

I would assume that someone lent the TDN ALP an MSPP trading card. (I wouldn't expect someone to donate such an expensive item to the lending program, but TDN has a solid reputation and could probably borrow it without full collateral -- or maybe they used several of the other lending items as collateral.)

I'm guessing they're using the avatar they're saving for in order to... show what they're saving for. (Sorry I couldn't figure out a better way to word that.)

I'm a little late to the party. Oops :mellow:

You can tell the current saving goal and our progress towards the goal by looking at the top of our donation shop :D

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but it's in regards to saving for ALP items! I'm trying to figure out collateral to aim for some of the larger lends and I've been able to price out all of my bigger items except for my Space Faerie Snowglobe. I know what it went for a few years ago but... I'm a bit rusty and there are no prices listed in the TP. Anybody have a more recent price than 2012? Thanks!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

There is a thread to ask for price checks here.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Awhile ago, I submit for the BGC lend. (Although I don't have enough post count, I had 50m np, so I wished to try my luck.) But recently I get the full collat. Or I think it's full collat, mostly r99 stamps. So I am wondering if I should send another ticket or wait for ALP team to reply first before telling them my new collat.

Thanks.

Hello!

I have submittted for lending the FQD. Collateral is 1,6 million. And at that time I didn't have full collateral in pure, but I filled out the form with a Cherry Holiday Bruce Gift Bag (or whatever that item is called, haha). I don't know whether that is HTS or ETS, but right now, I have made it to the point where I have the full collateral in pure NPs.

Should I sent in another request, or wait for a notification/mail from you guys?

For AllTime and Pang, whenever you need to make a change to an ALP app, feel free to PM one of the ALP staff and we can note the changes. :) I'll make a note for both of you guys since you already posted here :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question, with my post count and avatars(you can see them both in this post), is there a chance I would be considered for the pet chains, or do I need to get more of either or both?

You would need more. It's really up to you which to raise, as you pass the "auto-reject" numbers (25 posts, 150 avatars) but the balance doesn't work out for the brackets we use. I'd suggest raising both. Also, as a note, the avatar counts where your needed posts decreases are at increments of 10. So if you can get at least 2 more avatars your needed posts wll go down a nice chunk. :)

You would need more. It's really up to you which to raise, as you pass the "auto-reject" numbers (25 posts, 150 avatars) but the balance doesn't work out for the brackets we use. I'd suggest raising both. Also, as a note, the avatar counts where your needed posts decreases are at increments of 10. So if you can get at least 2 more avatars your needed posts wll go down a nice chunk. :)

Ah, thank you! I already kind of figured I didn't have enough of either, but I figured checking here would be easier for me and you guys instead of sending in an application. I'll try to get more avvies, then :)

You can do it Marae! I held out applying for the pet chains, because when I joined just a month or two ago I only had like 145 avatars and no posts! It really doesn't take long, it's so easy to chime in on the awesome conversations on TDN and the avatar info makes getting avatars SOOOO much easier!!!

You can do it Marae! I held out applying for the pet chains, because when I joined just a month or two ago I only had like 145 avatars and no posts! It really doesn't take long, it's so easy to chime in on the awesome conversations on TDN and the avatar info makes getting avatars SOOOO much easier!!!

Aww, thanks for the confidence boost! I've noticed that it's quite easy boost your posts as well, and I'll keep trying untill I've got enough for the ALP pet chains. :)

• 2 months later...

Is the post/avatar count the same for all of the ALP lends, or is it different for each lend? (I am thinking of applying for the "Grey Wocky" chain, but there is a message on the ALP home page stating the "Pirate Krawk, Pink!, and Mazzew" chain requires a minimum of 150 posts) If it is different, is there any way to specify that on the "Pets for Lending", "More Info" link, when looking at the different pet lends? I'd hate to embarass myself by applying for a lend where I clearly would not quality, but didn't know the qualifications, and waste anyone's time. Just a though. Thank you.

There are notes below the main lending information box on the relevant More Info pages. The only two that have a higher post requirement are the Draik and Krawk lends, and then Battle and Pea have a few notes as well because they're non-standard chains. If you don't see a note on the page, then the chain has no extra requirements or special procedures.

I have a question, I'd like to apply to a chain lend, but for June, seeing as I've got my final exams through most of May, and I won't be very active then, and I was wondering if I could apply for the June-lends, or that I have to wait for it to be May to apply for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes applications get misplaced on accident, or we can't contact you for various reasons and have to delete the application as there's nothing we can really do for it.

The wait time generally depends on how many requests we have for the item in question and how quickly people return their lends. If you feel like you've gone way too long without being contacted, feel free to send a new application in and double check that we're able to reach you. That is, make sure your inbox isn't full, that you have it set so people other than neofriends can message you, and be sure you're either over 13 or you've sent in a signed COPPA form to unlock messaging features on your account. Additionally, make sure you've spelt your username correctly when you apply.

As for a definition of "too long"... unless we've posted something about lending for all or specific items being paused or held up for whatever reason, I'd say about a month is long enough to wait to re-send or ask about your specific request.

One of us can double check if your app is sitting about if you mention the specific item, either here or via PM if you don't want to advertise what you're borrowing. That said, I glanced at the item requests we currently have and the oldest unaddressed one is from the 19th- so I doubt yours is still in here. Make sure we can contact you and send a new application in. :)

• 2 months later...

This is likely a dumb question, but I can't find a concrete answer anywhere, so I'll ask:

When counting the number of transfers per month, does both receiving a pet and sending it count as a transfer?

I have two transfers avaliable (my account is 37 months old), and I was trying to figure out if that meant I could take one pet and send it back and be done, or if it meant I could both send and receive two pets every month. If it's the latter, I would be able to potentially knock out avvies a bit quicker once I figure out my schedule and can start applying for chains.

Any answers or even leads to an answer would be swell, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...