The ALP

Matt

Hello,

Say someone have a lot of collateral (because he/she spared him/her NP during a very long time), and would like to complete him/her avatar collection. What's the "acceptable time" between two requests to borrow from the ALP. Is it once a day? Once a week? Three per week?

It's just a general "One at a time" policy. You can send a request for another as soon as we receive the previous item from you. ;)

It's just a general "One at a time" policy. You can send a request for another as soon as we receive the previous item from you. ;)

Sorry I had posted my question in the wrong topic. :*

And thank you for the quick answer! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. I've been thinking about trying the Avatar Lending Program, but I can't neomail (Parental Controls.)

Is there another way to get in touch? I'll be able to neomail in about 9 days, but I can't wait.

That's a very good question. And, for the moment, I'm afraid you're going to have to wait. :(

At the moment we organise everything using the order we get the Neomails in. If they're everywhere, we can't order anything. If we can't order anything, all our items would get lost. :(

Is there any other restrictions to do with auctions, trading and alike on younger accounts?

• 2 weeks later...

Will the rules be updated for the pet lending now that transfers will be available? And who do we request the pets from, jerrypteri also? Sorry, if the last question was answered in the guide/procedures. I read them but the guide didn't say and the procedures focused on the item lending (I'm sure thats cause the pound has been down for so long!). Just wondering because I would love to try and set up an ALP pet transfer for sometime this month!

We'll let everyone know soon in an ALP news post. Keep tight. It'll be around soon. :)

Thank you so much for the update! I'm very excited about getting some of these pet avs now that the pound will be open soon. Though I guess I'm not the only excited one. I was offline today, but I hear that neopets (and this forum) were going a little nuts with all the anticipation. I think I'll plan on being offline again tomorrow for the craziness that will be sure to ensue now that the opening has been delayed.

I re-read the lending rules and I wonder if you use sometimes the auctions (you never refer them).

Because I have a lot of NP in pure, but not many ETS. And since the maximum amount of pure in the trading post is 800k, it's difficult to reach the collateral for some very expensive items.

Or do you use multiple trades with junk items to transfer all the NP? I've seen some lenders using this manner.

A little of both, nowadays, actually.

Previously, when the most expensive item we had was 1.6 Million NP at the time, we just set up a couple of trades and everything was fine. What, with inflation and the Bony Grarrl Club being amongst what we lend, we tend towards doing private auctions now if you have pure NP for that item. But we'll explain what we'll do in the Neomail reply back. :)

• 1 month later...

I am slighty confused as to what you mean by that Strategos. That link you posted is to the donation shop and it does exist!!

Yes, just neomail JerryPteri :) Make sure you include your forums display name though! Also, don't forget to say which pet you are looking to borrow, its amazing how many mails we get simply saying "I want to join the pet lending chain" - telling us which pet helps ;)

• 1 month later...

Ok, sorry if I´m asking this on the wrong place but... What are the items we are aiming for now? Besides de BG, anything else? Maybe in the pet transfer? I would like to help in someway... Maybe with itens, maybe with pets...

I don´t really have much time for the forum stuff, and am still trying to gather the collateral... But I really would like to improve my rep around here. And, of course, help everyone else.

Have acess to a lab ray, just in case we need that stuff... But don´t get a species change in quite some time... *sigh*

We are currently going for the Bony Grarrl Club with the donations - mostly because, aside from that, we only need the two hugely expensive avie items (MSPP and SuAP). For pet lending, we have everything now except a Draik and a Krawk... so again, two very expensive pets. Its a long road, but hopefully we'll get there someday!

We are currently going for the Bony Grarrl Club with the donations - mostly because, aside from that, we only need the two hugely expensive avie items (MSPP and SuAP). For pet lending, we have everything now except a Draik and a Krawk... so again, two very expensive pets. Its a long road, but hopefully we'll get there someday!

But aren´t getting a Draik or a Krawk cheaper than a BGC? I´ve been searching around the site and it seems so...

Yes they are cheaper than the BGC. However we did a poll a little while back and the results were largely in favor of a BGC. So we are working towards that goal first. The BGC is quickly raising in price as well so we should get that one as soon as we can to avoid paying more in the future.