Warning

anulkaaaa

Ive just got an official warning from TNT for sending this message to one of the users:

"That's not very nice to quit KQ game when I was clearly going to win"

I was literally two moves from winning the game. He wasnt standing the chance. Tell me honestly, have I really deserved to get the warning?

Yes, I have also reported the user as soon as he has quited the game. Its just felt pointless at the time because TNT doesnt seem to pay any attention to these kind of reports.

I hate to say this, but I agree - TNT really doesn't pay attention.

For example, my guildmates and I were talking about our "anime crushes", and I got a warning because apparently you're not supposed to talk about love interests. I can completely understand why they set up that rule, but I was annoyed because 1) my guildmate who was also talking about it did not even get a warning, and she had the word "crush" in her post twice and 2) I didn't know imaginary people counted with this rule.

sigh* but yeah, I agree with you, it wasn't fair for them to give you a warning because I don't see anything rude or threatening about the message you sent O.o

it's a sticky situation, but of course it's always better for you to just report the user for quitting instead of trying to take it into your own hands, because as we can see, you'll be the one receiving the warning.

It's far too easy for the other person to claim harassment and get you into hot water.

well tnt might be mad because you reported someone for no reason but the message really isn't worth getting a warning because its not meana nd theres no bad language or anything so ?

This is not true. She didn't get a warning for reporting someone for "no reason", she got a warning for harassing the user (assuming that's their reasoning) instead of simply reporting it and letting it be.

A warning won't really do anything to you as long as you don't have a similar issue again soon. I wouldn't worry too much. I know it's definitely frustrating when someone quits but it's just how it is and we all have to deal with it. This is why I pretty much stay away from neomail and the neoboards.

i think that really sux. they were probably embarassed you called them out so reported you to get back at you, even though they were the one clearly at fault.

Sorry to say this, but even though I think it was a bit much to warn you for it, you were in the wrong here.

You simply report the user and hope they read it and do something about it, by contacting the user, it's considered harassment which is against ToS.

TNT always seems to respond faster to reports relating to harassment than any other complaints. I literally got a response within ten minutes the last time I reported someone for harassment. They do eventually warn quitters on Key Quest, but it takes a lot longer. The person that quit might still get in trouble for it. A rule I have for myself is that I can never send a neomail while I'm mad, because I'll just be the one that gets in trouble.

Where does it say he told them she was reporting them? There was no mention of the reporting in the msg she sent. As far as harassment goes, how is sending ONE msg harassment, there were no threats or cussing in msg, it was basically a msg saying Hey that wasn't cool what you did.

Where does it say he told them she was reporting them? There was no mention of the reporting in the msg she sent. As far as harassment goes, how is sending ONE msg harassment, there were no threats or cussing in msg, it was basically a msg saying Hey that wasn't cool what you did.

TNT has said in editorials that accusing someone of quitting key quest is harassment. You can't neomail them, you can't tell anyone else their username on neopets or other sites, and you can't send them a pile of dung. It does not matter that she did not tell the user they were being reported. It was accusing them that TNT considers harassment. The only response that won't possibly get you reported is reporting them and trying to move on.

Agreed. You cannot get angry at someone for quitting a game on you. It is technically a penalty on them, yes, but it doesn't give your the right to call them out. I know a lot of these things may not make sense, and TNT can be very sensitive at times, but trust me, I have a screenie on my side account x_ajb_x that you can look at. Sometimes they make mistakes. Just get over it and move on, and of course don't do it again. Keep in mind there are 10 year olds on this site, and 50 year olds on this site. Some kids can be sensitive.

• 2 months later...

Me again. Im annoyed at the moment. Ive got silent for sending this message to one of the users: Why have you left the game of Key Quest when I was one move away from winning?

Is it really that offencive? Any "profanity, inappropriate language, or bad acronyms" I cannot find?

Im sure there is some creepy understanding about it, though I still havent been enlightened enough to see it.

Anyway, I needed to moan about it to someone.

:sick02:

Me again. Im annoyed at the moment. Ive got silent for sending this message to one of the users: Why have you left the game of Key Quest when I was one move away from winning?

Is it really that offencive? Any "profanity, inappropriate language, or bad acronyms" I cannot find?

Im sure there is some creepy understanding about it, though I still havent been enlightened enough to see it.

Anyway, I needed to moan about it to someone.

:sick02:

As others have said earlier in the thread, it's considered harassment. You should report the player and hope TNT acts on it rather than calling them out yourself - even if it's almost 100% likely that they cheated or played unfairly, it still sounds accusatory and could be considered rude. I don't think you deserve to be silenced over a comment like that, but I can also see why TNT would think it is justified.

I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt, or sometimes I'll send them a very kind neomail to inform them of the rules, just in case they weren't aware that doing x is considered cheating. If they respond in a rude manner or openly admit to cheating I'll report them, but I'd never accuse them until I knew for sure.

Ive just got an official warning from TNT for sending this message to one of the users:

"That's not very nice to quit KQ game when I was clearly going to win"

I was literally two moves from winning the game. He wasnt standing the chance. Tell me honestly, have I really deserved to get the warning?

Yes, I have also reported the user as soon as he has quited the game. Its just felt pointless at the time because TNT doesnt seem to pay any attention to these kind of reports.

I did the same to another user, that when I checked their account, I remember playing with their sides at least 10 times. (Cheating) and quitting. I went flat out. That person's look-up said angel, so I said this: You call your self an angel, if you want to waste my time then don't play key quest will me. :P I didn't report because I neo-mailed them.....

I don't consider it harassment in the least, but I guess if they do, then you have to listen to their rules. One message asking people to respect THE RULES should not be considered harassment.

I've never played Key Quest at all, so I don't know how it works, but...why can't TNT just make it an automatic forfeit if you quit the game?

I'll send them a very kind neomail to inform them of the rules, just in case they weren't aware that doing x is considered cheating. If they respond in a rude manner or openly admit to cheating I'll report them, but I'd never accuse them until I knew for sure.

Ive heard that someone got warning for doing that. You are not allowed to send another user a message saying that their behaviour is against the rules. But maybe someone was just kidding.

Anyway, do you know if anyone got into serious trouble with TNT for continuously quiting the game of KQ?

Ive heard that someone got warning for doing that. You are not allowed to send another user a message saying that their behaviour is against the rules. But maybe someone was just kidding.

Anyway, do you know if anyone got into serious trouble with TNT for continuously quiting the game of KQ?

Hm. I suppose it could fall under harassment as well, but TBH I've only done it maybe a couple times and have never been reported or warned for it. I feel like it's a lot nicer to give someone the benefit of the doubt and kindly inform them rather than straight up reporting them. :(

I don't know if people have gotten in trouble for quitting because it would require a lot of proof, but aside from getting in trouble it can also just earn them a bad reputation and a lower completion rating (smiley faces), which means less players would want to play with them in the first place.

Eek, that seems a little far fetched to get a warning for reminding someone of the game rules or suggesting they read them. Not to say that accusations get anyone anywhere, but I really don't see the harm in saying, "In case you were intentionally quitting, I just wanted to let you know...etc." I mean, the person might quit without having read the rules, and a neomail like that could save that person from potentially getting a warning from staff down the road. It seems far more helpful than it seems like harassment.

• 1 month later...

Oh the joys of warnings.. so many of my friends get warnings and occasionally even get banned from using neomail for just the stupidest reasons it really is crazy. Sometimes I feel like they only target people with mild offences or ones that dont even matter compared to the ones that actually need to be addressed...

It wasn't offensive but it was harassish. Snotty and insinuative. There could be numerous other things that occured causing someone to leave a game. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people actually waste TNT's time reporting that! Shrug it off and move on.

• 1 year later...

my computer hates key quest and some times it quits the game but it's not my fault though

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant. This thread is 2 years old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.