Break glass in case of zombies.

Bubbleline

Okay, so my last topic that talked about drugs that made people 'zombie-like' got me to thinking...how would the world truly react to a zombie outbreak? Do you think that the governments of the world would step in and try to get everyone to work together to preserve the human race, or do you think they'd all abandon ship and try to save themselves, leaving civilians (like you or me) to fend for ourselves? Or perhaps it would give people more of an excuse to turn on each other?

I personally like to believe that the head honchos of the world would drop all of their silly feuds and unite together against our common foe to try and save as many lives as possible. What I really think would happen? Either a government cover-up where they just bomb infected areas and hope that takes care of the problem, even with a ton of innocents still there, OR every man for himself. Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria Total chaos! Anywho, I'm seriously thinkng about making a zombie apocolypse questionnaire. I love this stuff.

Hmm,the topic was scary,we need to defend our selfs,so wait,what do you mean you love this stuff?You mean the zombie-apocalypse?Well,I'm just freaked out...I hope that the whole world will be saved,and that god will help us...MAN DUDE,this is scary...

I don't have much faith in our governments. I kind of assume that they would blame another country for the outbreak, and attack them, or hide out until the outbreak was over, and leave us all to be eaten. I have no great survival skills, my house isn't zombie proof (well, it's not totally zombie-prone, either, but I don't want to test it), and I can't really run. So I wouldn't last long.

In case of zombies, I would become a zombie pretty quickly. :(

me neither...but i kinda like doing the computer,although,i would do tht... :mellow: :worried:...

I definitely think the government would try to do something to keep it on the down low first, probably bomb like you said. As for myself, I would totally fight in a zombie apocalypse! I don't know how long I would last, especially since I have no special fighting skills, but I'm willing to try and find out. :P

I don't have much faith in our governments. I kind of assume that they would blame another country for the outbreak, and attack them, or hide out until the outbreak was over, and leave us all to be eaten. I have no great survival skills, my house isn't zombie proof (well, it's not totally zombie-prone, either, but I don't want to test it), and I can't really run. So I wouldn't last long.

All of this.

I don't think they'd do too much. They would lock themselves in the white house and wait it out or something or the bombing thing. I can see the bombing thing happening. I'll just get a bunch of food and live underground. Have one way in or out and have a good solid door. c:

Here's the thing. My hubby and I actually have plans and guidelines for when the zombies attack. Did I say when? I meant If :shiftyeyes_anim: .

Seriously though, we just came up with a bunch when we were watching a zombie movie marathon on TV. I also read World War Z by Max Brooks (Son of Mel Brooks, the actor). That book is fascinating. Really, I think he pretty much nailed the general idea of what would happen. It explores all aspects of the scenario.

It dissapoints me that the movie is going to be awful. They pretty much just bought the name and then threw away the story. :sad01_anim: . Sooo upset by that, though I understand that it would've been hard to translate into a screenplay. The book is in Interview format.

Anyway, because of that book and some movies I think the ordinary public would be on their own.

Haha, we all have so very little faith in our governments. Maybe we'd get surprised by a couple of good guys?

Here's the thing. My hubby and I actually have plans and guidelines for when the zombies attack. Did I say when? I meant If :shiftyeyes_anim: .

Seriously though, we just came up with a bunch when we were watching a zombie movie marathon on TV. I also read World War Z by Max Brooks (Son of Mel Brooks, the actor). That book is fascinating. Really, I think he pretty much nailed the general idea of what would happen. It explores all aspects of the scenario.

It dissapoints me that the movie is going to be awful. They pretty much just bought the name and then threw away the story. :sad01_anim: . Sooo upset by that, though I understand that it would've been hard to translate into a screenplay. The book is in Interview format.

Anyway, because of that book and some movies I think the ordinary public would be on their own.

A zombie movie marathon sounds really good right about now. Too bad I have more Jet Li movies than I have zombie movies. And I've heard of World War Z, but I've never gotten around to reading it.

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of feel the same way. The government would probably try to cover it or blame someone else.

You guys should watch zombieland. A great way to learn on how to fend against zombies.

You guys should watch zombieland. A great way to learn on how to fend against zombies.

Heh, seen it. That`s where I first started realising I really had no chance.

Heh! I don't have any special fighting skills, other than I'm handy with weapons, having had some training. However, my hubby is someone who would survive an apocalypse - he knows how to raise his own food, and he's very much a MacGuyver type. He'd probably put us underground and somehow manage to forage for enough food and supplies to help us to survive until the dangers had passed. As to the government, I don't have much faith in them either - I think they'd bail on us and probably try to blame someone else, since if such a thing DID come to pass I really believe it would be the result of government experiments gone awry.

• 3 weeks later...

I think if there were only a few zombies at first, they'd be able to kill them all off before it spread too far; however, if the zombies were super strong and started killing left, right and center, making the disease spread extremely quickly, I think the military would just rampage through in tanks, running over or shooting any zombies they saw, no matter whether there were innocent people in the way or not.

As for me, I have sort-of average fighting skills, but I'd probably just barricade myself in a shopping center until it was over, and hope the zombies wouldn't be strong enough to break in. xD

I'm pretty sure the American government would either A. Blame it on the left-wing liberal hippies, or B. Blame it on the uptight right-wing conservative bible huggers. Someone will get blamed and everyone will be too busy protesting and hating everyone eles that all the zombies will eat our brains and they'll rule the world until they create their own zombie society in which history repeats itself because no one learns from past mistakes... at least not the government. And zombies can't learn anyway. They're all missing brains.

I agree with Lypreila; in so much the book was amazing - and what was so great about it was that it tackled that idea; nb - what the different countries would do in the Zombie Apocalypse, and it was really interesting to get into. For example, North Korea built underground tunnels and just disappeared off the face of the earth; different countries mobilised their armies differently, and some blamed others and all in all it was quite enlightening. I feel that when the zombie apocalypse comes, World War Z is as close as its going to get.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally like to believe that the head honchos of the world would drop all of their silly feuds and unite together against our common foe to try and save as many lives as possible. What I really think would happen? Either a government cover-up where they just bomb infected areas and hope that takes care of the problem, even with a ton of innocents still there, OR every man for himself. Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria Total chaos! Anywho, I'm seriously thinkng about making a zombie apocolypse questionnaire. I love this stuff.

That is a really nice thing to think about people, but I don't really think governments would let go of their "silly feuds" quite so easily :sad01_anim: , although normal people like you or me would definitely try to team up to survive. :rambo: