The big manga and anime club :)

Alynniae

Oooh! An Anime thread!!! :D

I love ANIME!!! :D

But I don't exactly read Manga. I've tried reading Gakuen Alice and Kamisama Hajimemashita over the net but it really bores me. Most anime I've watched are quite kiddy, I just realised. But I really like any Anime that has romance in it, like romcom, but not too much, for example, SAO.

Anime I've watched/watching :

Cardcaptor Sakura

Special A

Kaichou wa Maid Sama

Ouran High School Host Club

Kamichama Karin

DN Angel

Kaito Saint Tail

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

Kamisama Hajimemashita

Mamotte Lollipop

Fairy Tail(ongoing-watching)

Gakuen Alice

Clannad, Clannad After Story

Kannon

Amnesia(ongoing-watching)

Sword Art Online

Ginban Kaleidescope

Ef - A Tale of Memories

Ef - A Tale of Melodies

Gosick

The World God Only Knows(watching, but not very interested)

Kirarin Revolution(stopped midway)

Daa! Daa! Daa!

Hayate no Gotoku(presently watching)

Kodocha

Pandora Hearts

Tsubasa Chronicle(only half of it)

Yumeiro Patissiere

That's about it. Funny...I thought I had watched a bit more.

Oh, btw, I love SAO too :D

I so so so hope there's a second season of SAO. I hears the SAO producer guys are gonna have a meeting sometime in Feb and then they'll decide whether to have a second or not

• 1 month later...

Oh, btw, I love SAO too :D

I so so so hope there's a second season of SAO. I hears the SAO producer guys are gonna have a meeting sometime in Feb and then they'll decide whether to have a second or not

SAO!!!! They SHOULD have a second season. That show got more response from it thatn most of the animes I know of that come out and have 3 or 4 seasons. I think SAO has the market to push forward. Besides... I love that show xD MOARS|!

I have loved Anime ever since I could remember. *A*

My most favorite is Code Geass, and so far, nothing has topped my love for that.

I watch a lot more too and it would probably be tedious to list them all here. hahaha.

Well what are you currently watching/reading?

(As for me I'm currently watching Nabari and reading Pandora's Heart)

• 3 weeks later...

As soon as I think of Momiji I think of his song! The bird's and the bee's sing Momiji. :) I love Fruits Basket!

Awesome animes to watch are soul eater, fullmetal alchemist, oaran high host club, baka and test, and fruits basket.

• 3 weeks later...

I love anime! My current favorite mange is Kamisama Kiss, I loved that they made into a series but am bummed that its only 13 episodes so far when there is so much more to tell. I tend to favor the romantic side of anime and manga. :D

• 2 months later...

I loved fruits basket and I think it was the first i ever watched. I have also watched ultra maniac, Ouran High School Host Club, chibi vampire, rosario+vampire, kodocha (i love this one almost as much as fruits basket), naruto and naruto shippuden minus fillers and im gonna start watching gakuen alice. the only reason i didnt watch it b4 was becuz it said online that there was an unresolved love triangle and i thought that was just messed up but im gonna start watching anyway :)

• 4 months later...

Whoo, mangalovers! *cheers*

I'm not that into anime, but I do love manga. Or do you want to talk to my over 350 manga book collection? ;)

I like to buy manga books because you can take them pretty much anywhere. I have a habit that I won't leave my apartment unless I have at least a couple of manga books with me.

My favorite mangas? Well, I like Sailor Moon (the manga is SOO MUCH BETTER than the anime! If you haven't got to know the manga, I suggest you go read it now! ^^ Unless you hate romance, since it's one of the main themes.)

But I have to say that Arina Tanemura is my favorite mangaka. I love her style and her stories (especially Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne).

But that's the gist of me and why/how I like manga ^^

I started watching anime a year ago about the same time I found Vocaloid music and by anime I don't mean Pokemon or Bakugan but stuff like Code Geass and Lucky Star. 3 of my favorite animes are Code Geass, Puella Magi Madoka,and Usagi Drop.As for manga I don't read much since it's hard to find I have some manga but some are out of order or I got a volume way too ahead in the series but I'm lucky enough to have a few and not go to Barnes and Noble because manga is like 9 to 10 dollars a book.

• 2 weeks later...

*flails* The Anime/Manga thread is back! I'm very much a fantasy reader.

Tegami Bachi and Blue Exorcist are my kind of manga but I'm a slice-of-life anime watcher.

• 1 month later...

Seems like I got a little out of anime these past few years, but I pretty much grew up watching pokemon before I really knew what anime was, then I started watching DBZ, then I watched dragonball and dragonball GT. Then ever since I actually got into anime/manga naruto and one piece have been my two main ones. I've seen Code Geass, which i pretty much consider to be one of the most genius anime's ever, it's pretty awesome. I'm currently watching sora kake girl, where one of the characters is the same voice actor as Lelouch from code geass. Seen vampire knight, rosario + vampire, DN angel, ... I know I've seen a lot more than that, but can't seem to recall them, it has been a few years after all.

Watched about 50 episodes of bleach too but it just bored me...

As for my mangas, obviously I'd read naruto and one piece as well. 1/2 prince, fairy tail, green boy, and again I've read way more than that, just can't seem to recall them...

OH, and attack on titan... sorta, i seem to be taking a break from that but it's pretty good.

SAO was alright, second season sucked though imo.

I think One piece is my favorite at the moment, especially right now at where the manga is at, it's getting pretty intense :D

And I'll always love Code Geass too <3 Lelouch is pretty awesome

I'm pretty sure anime saved my life. It's been with me through the hardest parts of my life (so far?) and I'm proud to be an anime lover! I think I read way to many manga/animes to tell you which are my favorites. But I can tell you anime/manga means a lot in my life. YAY FOR ANIME AND MANGA FOR LIFE!

I would say Gundam Seed/Destiny is my favorite too, I can totally see the world going in that direction with the exponential growth of science right now.

• 5 months later...

this thread needs some revival

the most recent anime ive watched were anohana, no. 6, and ping pong the animation (last ep in two days!). i also started watching hourou musuko and tamako market, but haven't gotten the motivation to finish them yet. i'm not gonna list all anime ive watched since i've listen most before and i have an anime list here (my manga list can also be accessed through that)

i haven't been reading as much manga as i am watching anime, but i have been reading attack on titan, birdmen, and kokushi musou!! online (and am upset about the last two's lack of updates, especially seeing as how kokushi musou already finished). i also bought the first volume of attack on titan: before the fall, the first three volumes of watamote, and the 5th volume of yotsuba&!, which are all good series.

I'd been looking for this thread >_> I recently found a site which streams old anime I liked when I was younger. The last "new" anime I watched was Black Butler and Kyoukai no Kanata, but I've been re-watching Kyo Kara Maoh! and You're Under Arrest (don't judge, I loved this growing up!) and have been really enjoying my vacation xD

An anime thread? This makes a stormy day a little bit better.

Faves:

Bleach

Wolf's Rain

Cowboy Bebop

Outlaw Starr

SAO

Blue Exorcist

Black Lagoon

Sym-Bionic Titan

InuYasha

One Piece

Bleach is my passion though. I have been known to write Bleach fanfics. This is going to be the series that makes me cry when it ends. I'm on episode 349, so no spoilers please.

Recently I haven't been watching as much anime as I should but recently there are a lot of series on Crunchyroll that I'm waiting on to finish the series so I can just do a marathon. I just started watching Clannad and right now I'm only on the 2nd episode. I have made as part of a challenge I made for myself to not cry while watching Angel Beats and Clannad although It's more like a just for fun thing though but Angel Beats is one of my new favorites and I wasn't close to crying in the whole series.

i really need to start using this site more, lol

are there no mecha fans on here? i'd love to hit it up with a fellow gundam fan (mobile suit 00 and gbf are my faves)!

other than that, i love sports anime and i read so much manga

:rolleyes_anim:

i really need to start using this site more, lol

are there no mecha fans on here? i'd love to hit it up with a fellow gundam fan (mobile suit 00 and gbf are my faves)!

other than that, i love sports anime and i read so much manga

:rolleyes_anim:

Not a huge mecha fan myself but I did enjoy Escaflowne (what is up with those noses?). I don't read manga so I don't know how much more material there was but I would have enjoyed another season.

My list if anyone is interested. I swear I feel like I watch fewer shows each season (is it just me or has the quality gone down over the years?), but it's good that there are a few that I stick with.

There is an anime thread?? Hello friends, I am here. :D I actually studied Japanese so that I could consume the media in its original form. :P I'd say I'm decent at the language now (with the help of a dictionary lol). Heck, I actually scanlated some doujins at some point, but I still prefer English subbed and scanned media 'cause it's much easier ehe. I don't like watching English dubs 'cause I feel like they lack the intensity Japanese seiyuus have. Local dubs were surprisingly good during the 90's! If I could buy the Filipino dub of Slam Dunk, I would, 'cause Sakuragi's voice actor was fantastic, and the translations were incredibly smooth and they didn't sound awkward at all. :thumbsup:

I don't read much manga anymore, only keeping up-to-date with Bleach and Hunter x Hunter, which is finally back from hiatus!! Used to follow Naruto, but I started losing interest when Itachi got resurrected. :S I'm currently watching Kill la Kill, it's super absurd and annoyingly fanservice-y, but I'm hooked somehow. (:

Stuff I've read (asterisk on titles its anime version I've seen; bolded faves; italicized dropped series):

FMA** (both the first and Brotherhood animes)

Death Note*

Bleach* (dropped the anime after Ichigo lost his powers, which was supposed to be the last ep, but I heard there's more?)

Hunter x Hunter* (haven't seen the new anime, though)

KHR* (I even had all the Rebocons, which I lost when my external HDD crashed! *sob*)

Naruto* (I'm itching to go back to this, 'cause I've seen Sakura with Tsunade's forehead diamond and I reaaaally wanna know how that happened!)

OHSHC*

Vampire Knight (lost interest when Yuki(sp?) became/was revealed to be (can't remember) a vampire as well)

Kuroshitsuji

Slam Dunk* (I NEED THE MATCH BETWEEN SHOHOKU AND SANNOH ANIMATED PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!)

Shin Angyo Onshi (manhwa, but published in Japan)

Defense Devil (same mangakas as Shin Angyo)

Zombie Loan*

Soul Eater (I actually need to finish this)

07 Ghost*

Tenjou Tenge (holy mother of fanservice, batman!)

Air Gear (also fanservice-y, because hello, Oh! Great, but I really loved the premise)

Bus Gamer* (too flipping short! C'mon, Minekura! D: )

Kekkaishi* (actually started reading it when I saw it on TV, never finished the anime, though)

K-On!*

Get Backers*

Yakitate! Japan*

Gensomaden Saiyuki* (only watched the OVAs, 'cause the animation was quite horrifying in the first season; I also need to look for English scans of the chapters after Minekura came back from hiatus)

Shaman King* (ahhh I wish they finished animating the manga)

Special A

Gakuen Alice* (I know I finished one season of the anime (is there more?), but I don't remember finishing the manga)

Pandora Hearts (inadvertently dropped this, but I'll get back to it)

[switch]* (OVA only, they should've made it into at least a 12-ep anime :( )

Dolls

Flame of Recca*

Yu Yu Hakusho*

Detective Conan* (dropped due to the sheer amount of volumes like whoa! XD)

Stuff I've watched (manga not read; bolded faves; italicized dropped):

Gate Keepers

Vandread

Cooking Master Boy

Akazukin Chacha

Ranma 1/2 (I binge-watched this, I can't even remember how it ended lol)

Tokyo Underground

Wedding Peach

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

Ragnarok the Animation (such a disappointment *sigh*)

Blood+

Fate/Stay Night

GTO

Black Blood Brothers

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Card Captor Sakura

Rurouni Kenshin (the live-action was awesome!!)

Ika Musume

Shingeki no Kyojin

Free!

Kyoukai no Kanata

Gundam Seed

Gundam Seed: Destiny

Sengoku Basara (I cannot express my love for this crack anime enough omg anyone who hasn't watched it/played the game must!!! XDDD)

Tiger and Bunny

Star Driver

Code Geass (stopped when everyone started having Geasses)

Bakuman (seriously considering watching the anime)

Busou Renkin

Full Metal Panic

Claymore (ugh, I really need to read this so I'd know what happened after the anime D: )

Project K

Pokemon (casual viewing only)

YuGiOh (casual viewing only)

Beyblade

Crush Gear

Battle B-Daman

I'm probably missing a whole bunch of titles, which reminds me: I better quit procrastinating and fix my list. :P

Rec me some recent shounen series with gorgeous artwork, yooooo~ ;)

Thanks Beruichi for bumping this thread right up to the top so that I can see it! XD I was offered to study a third language by the ministry of education in my secondary school life but then I decided not to after hearing that many people drop out, and now I freaking regret it TAT but I still managed to study hiragana through online tutorials but since I don't constantly put it to use, memory starts fading lol.

I agree with you on the sub vs dub topic XD Dubbed animes just don't give you that feel and most of them are downright horrible, subs all the way!!

@beruichi Here are some shonen series that I've enjoyed, bolded are the ones that have awesome artwork (but I guess that's kinda subjective)

1. Ao no Exorcist

2. Fairy Tail

3. Guilty Crown (This has awesome music too, plotwise I don't really understand it :P)

4. Prine of Tennis

5. Code Geass (you should really finish watching it!!)

6. Sword Art Online (??not sure if shonen)

Shall update if I remember more :P

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yay! An anime thread! I grew up watching dubs but once I discovered subs, there was no going back. I prefer subs because there's a more authentic feel to it. But subs kind of wrecked normal movies for me because I'm so used to looking down for subtitles! XD

Beruichi: I recommend Psycho Pass. It's getting a remade season 1 (probably for marketing the new season and to refresh the memories of the current fans) starting this week. It's a futuristic psychological thriller written by Gen Urobuchi.

My list:

(Bolded faves; italicized "I tried. I really did")

One Piece

Detective Conan

Gintama

Psycho Pass

Kill La Kill

Watamote

Chihayafuru

Sket Dance

Naruto - Still reading this to finish the series. Don't ask me why I'm putting myself through this.

Bleach- The pacing makes me confused. I'm sorry I can't keep up with fights that last 30 chapters. I can't.

Kuroko no Basuke- Probably contradicting myself since matches take about just as long as Bleach's fights.

Toriko

Ouran High Host Club

Vampire Knight- Am I the only one that got confused after a certain point?

Bakuman

Gurren Lagann

SAO- I saw the hype and I even went through my crunchyroll free trial for this. :sad01_anim: I just couldn't get into it like many others did.

Nana

Prince of Tennis- I felt like the main character was too much of a buttmunch and I heard he's supposed to be like that. Sorry. I'm passing on this.

Attack on Titan- It has promise I'm giving you that. But there were a couple months where I couldn't tell the characters apart because of the artwork.

Kuroshitsuji- Buttmunch main character. Sorry.

Soul Eater

Fairy Tail- Still reading to finish the series.

Code Geass- I understand where you are coming from on this Beruichi. I felt like it was ridiculous that everyone and their mother had a geass.

xxxHolic- I'm reading the new one but I don't know what the heck CLAMP is doing rebooting their Tsubasa Chronicles and tying them together again.

Tsubasa Chronicles

I think I hit all of the major ones, but I can't remember the rest of the anime/manga I've tried.

Yo!
I'm trying to become a more frequent anime watcher. Like, wow, people have these huge anime lists and I'm just like, eyyy noooo, I have stuff to do.
But I do try to watch anime when I exercise, just squats and stuff, nothing that would require too much attention to the actual exercise.
And yeah I've been in the anime-watching game since I guess 1998 (??), but I haven't actually watched as much as I thought, ha hah!
I've been trying to keep up with anime seasons but eh.
Here's my list-- which by the way, I looove comparing anime lists with friends just to see how much of a different score we give the same show or to see if we have similar tastes. XD

Here's my list! http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Geekies
I have a looot of things in my dropped list, but I do plan to actually finish most of those. It doesn't feel right to put them in "watching" since they won't be on my schedule for a looong while. I've been trying to go about things the legal way as well, so my morals are preventing me from just streaming on random sites. So my progress is slowing down. Darn conscience! XD

I used to watch anime a lot but, I suddenly stopped.I got back into it a few days ago and I'm currently in the middle of Fairy Tail and have finished Black Butler. I once tried watching Soul Eater but, I got bored after the first episode..

Kekkaishi* (actually started reading it when I saw it on TV, never finished the anime, though)

i'll take this opportunity to recommend birdmen to you, as they're both written by the same person (tanabe yellow)

ive been getting into more obscure manga lately, mainly from what i find on shonen jump/sunday/magazine, like baby steps, chrono monochrome, kiriwo terrible, sekkachi hakushaku to jikan dorobou, and some of the ones i listed on my previous post

i'm also in the middle of rewatching sengoku basara, because the 3rd season is currently airing and i dropped season 2 four episodes in.