Zombiepocalypse questionnaire!

Bubbleline

I enjoy writing questionnaires, I enjoy reading answers, so I decided to make another one! Also, zombie stories always have been and most likely always will be popular and interesting, so what better topic for a questionnaire? (hope you all don't mind. If so...oops?)

You wake up on a normal Tuesday morning. Get ready, eat breakfast, and head outside to do...whatever it is you do on Tuesdays. But wait, is that Mrs. Johansen lumbering around with rotting flesh? Oh no! Everyone you see are zombies!

Question 1: What do you think caused the zombie apocalypse? Drugs? Government experiments? Mutations? Mad cow disease? Something else entirely?

1.5: What type of zombies are we dealing with? The fast-moving Zombieland type ones? The slow-moving stupid ones? The super scary smart ones from that 1 movie I can't remember that learn how to use weapons?

2: What would be your first instinct? Run back inside your house, or perhaps try to dodge through the zombies to get to your car?

3: Your goal? Would you want to try and fortify your house to withstand the zombies, or would you want to try to get to the nearest Walmart to hole up? Perhaps you'd just try to get to your loved ones' house.

4: Weapon of choice?

5: Would you describe yourself as squeamish? Could you handle killing things that look like your neighbors and friends?

6: How would it end? Would the world be overrun with zombies or would there be a cure we could find? Or perhaps something inbetween?

7: It's a zombiepocalypse, of course you'll be needing some music. Pick your song!

8: Favorite zombie movie/book/game?

That's all, folks! It's time for me to eat my breakfast of braaaaaan muffins.

1: I'd like to think that some idiot ate some sort of toxic goop and died, and when they buried his body, the toxic goop seeped from his pores and infecting the surrounding corpses until they all came back to glorious, zombiefied life.

1.5: I'd hope for the slow, stupid zombies instead of the uberpowerful mutated ones from Left 4 Dead.

2: Seeing as I don't have a car, I'd stay in my apartment and grab my father's samurai swords until he got home.

3: We live in a 2nd story apartment. Probably not the best place to fortify. I'd head to our Walmart because it has Sam's Club attached to it and we could shelter at least 200 people safely while fortifying the place.

4: I'd start out with my father's swords because using my knife would force me to get too close to the zombies. I'd switch to a gun as soon as possible, though.

5: As cold as it may sound, the only person I'd have real trouble killing would be my father. I love my best friend, but if she was infected and I knew there wasn't going to be a cure, I'd just say a tearful goodbye before offing her.

6: With the toxic goop idea, I imagine there'd be a cure. They'd probably take months to find/make it, but we'd get one.

7: This close by Flyleaf. And Paranoia from Green Day...and basially any upbeat songs I could use to get my groove on while slaying zombies.

8:...Zombieland. I adore it. Don't judge me. And the Left 4 Dead games are pretty good. And Zombie Loan is a pretty cool manga/anime.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets General Chat’ to ‘General Chat’.

1: What do you think caused the zombie apocalypse? Drugs? Government experiments? Mutations? Mad cow disease? Something else entirely?

Could be anything, One government experiment gone wild , infected the virus in bombs/water to major cities.

1.5: What type of zombies are we dealing with? The fast-moving Zombieland type ones? The slow-moving stupid ones? The super scary smart ones from that 1 movie I can't remember that learn how to use weapons?

Both obviously, you could have the fast moving cannon fodder, then some stronger backup, then the higher up, giant ones etc, fused by machines lol.

2: What would be your first instinct? Run back inside your house, or perhaps try to dodge through the zombies to get to your car?

Gather a group and go zombie hunting.

3: Your goal? Would you want to try and fortify your house to withstand the zombies, or would you want to try to get to the nearest Walmart to hole up? Perhaps you'd just try to get to your loved ones' house.

Gather Weapons, and fight. Hiding is for cowards.

You can't just choose on weapon, For various enemies, you need various weapons, samurai swords, swift and quick for the quick weak zombies, but for more bigger enemies, firepower etc.

5: Would you describe yourself as squeamish? Could you handle killing things that look like your neighbours and friends?

I probably struggle at first by shock, but then I be on the front lines rather than hiding away.

6: How would it end? Would the world be overrun with zombies or would there be a cure we could find? Or perhaps something inbetween?

Maybe a massive Nuclear Explosion, which will end the world as a Fallout style, massive wasteland, bandits, mutants etc.

7: It's a zombiepocalypse, of course you'll be needing some music. Pick your song!

A few really, "Going underground" (The Jam) and the main would have to be "Ain't No Time For The Wicked"

8: Favourite zombie movie/book/game?

Gonna come back for the movie part, Games wise: resident Evil, Silent Hill.

Lol! Nice thread.

1: What do you think caused the zombie apocalypse? Drugs? Government experiments? Mutations? Mad cow disease? Something else entirely?

Since I tend to not trust the government, I'm going to go with government experiments gone wrong and then covered up. Chemical testing that mutated the nervous system and reanimates the dead.

Lol! I think the Zombies with weapons happened in Day of the Dead. For my zombie apocalypse, I'd guess it would be the slow moving ones. If most of the body is dead, I can't see them moving that fast.

Depends how bad it's gotten. Is there one lone zombie on the street, or a mob descending on me? I'd like to think we'd notice before the problem got to the apocalyptic stage. At the first news of an infection or outbreak, I'd be stockpiling stuff in some kind of safehouse. From there, we could send out bands of hunters to try to get rid of them.

I would try and round-up as many of my friends and family as I could and travel convoy style to a fortified location where we could then organize and then begin to help get rid of the problem.

Long range. Rifle or Crossbow. Both if possible.

5: Would you describe yourself as squeamish? Could you handle killing things that look like your neighbors and friends?

If they're trying to eat me? Yes. Though it would be harder in hand-to-hand combat.

In my zombie apocalypse, only First-world countries would be affected. Third- world countries, due to their myths and superstitions would be most vigilant and hardly affected by the disease. They would be the ones to come up with a cure. The irony and moral of them having to save us would be wonderful.

Gotta go with Rob Zombie's "Dragula" here. So appropriate.

Love almost all zombie movies, even the really cheesy low-budget ones. I can't recall having read too many zombie books, and I'm not really a video game person, though I tried a couple of the Resident Evil games, and those were pretty cool, though I had no idea how to play them xD

I love stuff like this.

I'm gonna go with drugs and government experiments, especially trying to cover up experiments gone wrong.

Slow moving stupid ones, definitely.

I'm a wimp so I would run back inside my house lol.

I'd just want to be with my mum. As babyish as that sounds.

A pistol and a rifle. If possible.

Definitely if they were trying to eat me lol.

Humans are selfish and arrogant. I think we'd deserve to be overrun.

The South Park zombie song.

Left 4 Dead is a good zombie game imo, also Zombies on CoD is fun.

I remember watching Day of the Dead, Emily, but that isnt the movie I'm thinking of. It's gonna bug me until I remember, but it's more modern. Has a black zombie leading all the other ones and teaching them how to us guns and chainsaws. It was really cheesy, but the concept of smart zombies is scary.

So many zombie threads lol! I like it though.

Question 1: Drugs

1.5: I'd guess the slow ones.

2: I would for sure run and hide some where.

3: My goal would just be to survive.

4: Hmm, some kind of cool gun like they use in men in black.

5: I'd say I'm probably pretty squeamish. I'm not sure how I'd do in these events.

6: I think the world would end up being taken over by zombies. :(

7: Till' the world Ends by Britney Spears

8: I don't really have one. I did enjoy the Wizards of Waverly Place episode where they took on the zombies though lol.

Holy twinkies! I love zombies... Well, you know, when they're not gnawing on my flesh... heh (*´∀`*)

1. I almost wish I could say Umbrella corp., but their zombies weren't all that and a fleshy arm, so I'll go with some sort of viral mutation. Not caused by the mad cow disease though. Perhaps some kind of influensa; fast working and viscious.

1:5. Assuming you're not actually talking about Fast zombies with guns, I think you're thinking of Land of the dead (Big Daddy, black mechanic) - either way, I like my zombies slow-ish and brain dead. But that's just out of a survivalist point of view. As a horror fan, I'd prefer them 'start out' fast in the beginning and gradually becoming slower due to decomposition.

2. Since I don't own a car, running for it would be pointless, haha c: I've read Max Brooks' books so I think I'll be able to spot the signs (a zombiepocalypse is inevitable) and by the time of the first outbreak, I'd have stocked up on guns and ammo. Lots of ammo, since my aim is below lousy :b

3. My goal would be for me and my loved ones to survive. I'd head as far north as possible in hopes of the zombies freezing to zombicicles, making it a lot easier to dispose of them.

4. Tallahassee, dear lord, give me Tallahassee <3

5. Well, umm... I wouldn't say I'm squeamish, but I'm not sure how I'd handle seeing my neighbor chewing on the postman. -points to Tallahassee- He'll do it c:

6. No cure. Nope. It'll end up with the majority of the world having been zombified. I think the 'still-humans' would have to build fortified colonies.

7. You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet by Bachman-Turner Overdrive c;

8. Books: Max Brooks' The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z (here's to hoping the movie will turn out good). Movie: Dawn of the Dead (1978) and Dawn of the Dead (2004). Games: First Resident Evil.

Cudos for an entertaining questionnaire!

1:5. Assuming you're not actually talking about Fast zombies with guns, I think you're thinking of Land of the dead (Big Daddy, black mechanic) - either way, I like my zombies slow-ish and brain dead. But that's just out of a survivalist point of view. As a horror fan, I'd prefer them 'start out' fast in the beginning and gradually becoming slower due to decomposition.

Dude, yeeeeeeees! That is the movie! I searched through dozens of zombie movies and games and couldn't remember the title to save my life. Thank you, now I can sleep again. T_T

Dude, yeeeeeeees! That is the movie! I searched through dozens of zombie movies and games and couldn't remember the title to save my life. Thank you, now I can sleep again. T_T

Glad to be of assistance C: Sleep well - don't let the zombies crawl out from under your bed!

Question 1: What do you think caused the zombie apocalypse? Drugs? Government experiments? Mutations? Mad cow disease? Something else entirely?

That new crocodile drug, that makes people eat others... or that's what i heard... creepy :0

it differs... just like we people do in real life. some are fast, some are slow, just like the zombies... ewww

run back home, find some of those pea-shooters and stuff and plant them, they'll kill those zombies, mwoehahahaha

really, in this case, all i would do would be getting all my friends together in my house, make them bring all their games, food, water, supplies, first aid, magazines, books, etc... for entertainment purposes while the plants kill the zombies... i want it to be fun, duhhhh

for my last resort: a very, VERY cool shotgun, on a motorcycle, which can fly, and makes cool sounds, so i can just fly away shooting zombies in the head XD otherwise: plants

i'll kill whatever wants to kill me... being a zombie seems like a total pain, i'll probably just do them a favour by shooting them... and i don't wanna die... they're zombies, my friends aren't zombies, so they aren't my friends. simple as that

75% at least of the world population is dead, all the survivors live happily ever after... of course, all the anime makers, mangaka's, good actors/singers, game makers, etc... are still alive :)

I will survive- hermes house band

and every other song that my friends bring, i download, etc... just to make it more fun :)

Plants vs zombies :)

that's it :)

That new crocodile drug, that makes people eat others... or that's what i heard... creepy :0

^ I thought that was 'bath salts'. Creepy to say the least, and a very good answer (in my oh-so-humble opinion c: )

• 1 month later...

OH MAI GOD, I want to rub my eyes with a blender.

Curse my curiosity.

Before I read your post I was blissfully ignorant of anything crocodile drug related, now all I can see is rotten flesh and exposed bones, those images will haunt my dreams :sick02: .

Okay, maybe I'm overreacting, but seriously, it was awful.

Does it matter at this point, all I want to think about is SURVIVING! But I'd probably blame some kind of experiment gone wrong, so maybe blaming the government.

Most are the slow-moving stupid ones, but a special few are fast-moving that can catch you off guard. Kind of like in the Walking Dead.

Go home, get a large backpack and a large briefcase, stock up on food and water/medical supplies/two-three sets of clothes and get immediately to my car. Then, drive to a local gun store, pick up some fire power, and drive to a local pharmacy/hospital since I know I won't have too many medical supplies that I gathered from my house.

Keep on moving until I find some survivors. Once we have a good group going on, then maybe we can start holing up somewhere. Until then, my goal is to keep on moving to hopefully find some sign of regular human life. Maybe get a radio so I can hopefully communicate to anybody else that may be a survivor.

If I could choose, I'd have two; a katana/fire axe and a standard 9mm pistol. I don't want to get a gun like an AK or an AA12 since I'm afraid that ammo would be rare for guns like those.

I'd kill anything that'd pose an immediate threat to my survival.

A cure. Because stories always end with a happy ending :)

Opera music so that it can hopefully bore the zombies to death.

The Walking Dead, both the TV series and the game (I have yet to watch the Walking Dead though, I've only watched one episode).

You wake up on a normal Tuesday morning. Get ready, eat breakfast, and head outside to do...whatever it is you do on Tuesdays. But wait, is that Mrs. Johansen lumbering around with rotting flesh? Oh no! Everyone you see are zombies!

I'm Gonna go with Government expiriments/Drugs

Seeing as you just described everyday(50% of the population) people, let's go with all of them! :D

I probably would't notice at first :(. After I noticed I'd be "AMG NU!" Then run to the sports store down the street grab some kind of weapon and go to my roof or the roof of a well stocked store :P

Wal-Mart here I come <3 The only time in the history of the universe I would be happy to go there! Stop at a Pharmacy or a Hospital on the way and pick up antibiotics and other medicinals

Bow & Arrows, I can always make arrows, not bullets! And for close range I'd go with 2 small double edge daggers.

I'm a horrible person :(

Nope, no cure, The few would live in colonies like in the dark ages! muahahaha

Hoping the power grid doesnt fail and any mp3 player I have is still playing, then I'm gonna go with "Highway to Hell" Or "Stairway to Heaven" Because either way I might be going one of the places if I don't kill teh zombies! :(

The Walking Dead & Resident Evil & Dawn/Day of the Dead

• 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna go with "vaccine gone wrong".. Every year we get some kind of new super-flu that everyone goes rushing out to get "the shot" for. I think we get another one, like SARS only worse, so they rush the vaccine and it ends up killing people and they come back as zombies. Fast-moving and powerful for newly re-animated, as long as they're not too mangled, but eventually get slower..

Go back in the house, find a weapon, protective gear/clothing, pack a knapsack, try and call loved ones and arrange a place/time to meet with those that can be reached.. THEN try and dodge the zombies and find a motorcycle or dirtbike, streets/roads/highways are gonna be hard to navigate, but if none available, then car..

Yeah, unfortunately I'm a big sap and would probably try and meet up with loved ones somewhere, but if that doesn't work out, get the heck outta dodge, away from the cities and try and find some place to hole up and fortify..

Crossbow; Daryl's got the right idea, deadly (if you know how to use one, which I do :P) and silent.. No fart jokes please :D

Nope; I would rather put them at peace than have them continue like that. Put 'em down!

6: How would it end? Would the world be overrun with zombies or would there be a cure we could find? Or perhaps something in between?

Eventually they WILL starve out, but it's gonna take a long, long time.. There will be survivors, and we will start to rebuild but it'll take a few hundred years..

Living Dead Girl ~ Rob Zombie.. Way appropriate and one of my personal fave's :D

Used to be Dawn of the Dead, the latest one (remake), but I am OBSESSED with The Walking Dead, can't get enough of it!!!

1. I don't trust the government, and I never will when it comes to zombies. It's definitely a virus, and they seem like the ones who would invent it.

1.5. They can be pretty speedy, they're still stupid though.

2.Gather my loved one, go somewhere to get weapons, and look for survivor

3. Build a stronghold, this can be any number of places.

4. I like a varied assortment of weapons. But my weapon of choice would be a shotgun for quick blowing off their heads in close range.

5. i'd have to get used to it.

6.There would probably be an eventual overrunning of zombies.

7. I would probably just put on some instrumental metal, can't have any fancy speaking ruining my zombie killing.

8. Resident Evil 2 made me poop myself as a youngin'

Question

Obviously some kind of disease must have caused it. Perhaps people got it from some sketchy new body lotion?

It would have to be the slow and stupid ones. The other ones scare me too bad!!

Oh wow. I would probably freak out and hide on my roof. I don't think zombies can get climb ladders.

3: Your goal? Would you want to try and fortify your house to withstand the zombies, or would you want to try to get to the nearest Walmart to hole up? Perhaps you'd just try to get to your loved ones' house?

I would grab supplies and a friend and drive out into the dessert. Zombies won't bother limping 1000000 miles in the sun!

I don't like weapons... :(

5: Would you describe yourself as squeamish? Could you handle killing things that look like your neighbors and friend?

I can't kill stuff, that's why I would hide... :3

I think the zombies would die out eventually and the people who survived could just go back to rebuilding society!

I can't think of a good one ... maybe Thriller by MJ?

Oh nnononono, I hate Zombies. I'm such a wimp xD

It really doesn't matter. If it did everyone would have saw it coming.(but it probably was a kind of super drug for cows that after a mutation the government could not handle anymore.)

If you want to have any chance of surviving, you better hope for the slow-moving ones.

It depends, if I'm at my parents house, I'd say stay at home, If i'm in college them it must be drive to the supermarket nearby, since my apartment at the campus has virtually no stocks and is much easier to trespass.

I guess i wouldn't try to fortify much. Getting to the supermarket should be a top priority.

first one probably would be the axe I have, and then any gun i could reach.

Tough to say, i guess i would prefer to run away then to kill a friend that turned into a zombie

This really depends on some details. Is the zombie a bacteria thing, or is it a virus? maybe it is related to magic as suggested in some jamaican culture(or is it general culture that refers to jamaica?) Supposing that you only turn into a zombie if you are bitten by a zombie, than humankind could prevale if there is enough team work, but if people just freak, we are ruined!

7: It's a zombiepocalypse, of course you'll be needing some music. Pick your song

TNT, from AC/DC should suit the ocasion :-)

Zombieland is really funny, but the zombies in walking dead (comics+series) are better worked (both visually and explained).

1. A mad scientist seeking to perfect humans plan backfiring

2. We're dealing with slow yet deadly zombies

3. "Insert my boyfriend's name here, give Naamah the gun!"

4. Kill and keep my boyfriend, some random survivior and myself alive

5. Nope!

6. All of would survive and rebuild humanity

7. "Escape" by The Devil Wears Prada

8. Resident Evil 4

Bath Salts combined with bleach!

The slow-moving stupid ones!

Climb on the roof of my house and shoot at the zombies with a flare gun!

I would want to fortify my house and build an underground cellar with all the necessary essentials!

personal defense weapon (PDW)

Not squeamish! And yes if I knew they were zombies I would shoot them instantaneously!

There would be an in between stage, we still have some zombies lingering but we would have a cure if they decided to attack us.

Korn- Freak on a Leash

Resident Evil

Who knows what the government is up to behind closed doors? I'd definitely have to go with them,

One would hope the slow-moving stupid ones XD

I'd run back inside my house, call everyone I know and start getting provisions and weapons together to go out and find them.

My goal would be to find as many people as possible, get armed to the teeth and find the safest location I could. My house has pretty big old doors and would most likely be the safest I know - however there's probably somewhere better. I'd want to plan everything properly to make sure I'm not going to go back outside and straight away get my brains eaten XD

A very long, lightweight metal pole. With a gun you'd most likely run out of bullets, and a baseball bat or something you'd need to get pretty close to do some damage which would obviously increase the risk of getting infected/killed. I'd like to have a bit of a barrage though so that if I lost one I could use something else.

I'm ish-squeamish. Though I think in this sort of situation my survival instinct would kick in and all I'd be able to think about is staying alive. There's no point being sentimental when they're going to eat your face if you don't kill them :P

I would imagine the world would be overrun, but there would be a group of people that aren't infected that would band together and form some sort of zombie-extermination team in each country/county/city. If that happened I think we'd get 'em in the end :3

Ahaha, best question ever!! I think Drain the Blood - Distillers for me ^^ Or a lot of their songs actually, I'd find them quite motivational in that situation, haha.

28 Days Later is a FABULOUS movie, also really enjoyed I am Legend.... and of course Shaun of the Dead XP

Question

Some viral strain that is transmitted through water (like in Cabin Fever - except instead of flesh-eating it causes a zombie mutation)

Hopefully, its the slow & stupid ones. I would stand the best chance of survival.

First instinct? Run back in my house, lock all my doors, close all my blinds, find as many practical weapons as I can and call everyone I know to see if they're still alive.

3: Your goal? Would you want to try and fortify your house to withstand the zombies, or would you want to try to get to the nearest Walmart to hole up? Perhaps you'd just try to get to your loved ones' house?

It would depend how many people I find alive after my first instinct of calling everyone I know. I would probably want to go to the store and stock up as much as possible while the outbreak is still relatively minimal. Then I'd go home and barricade myself inside and stay up to date with the news.

Anything that will keep my alive. Guns seem to work well against zombies.

5: Would you describe yourself as squeamish? Could you handle killing things that look like your neighbors and friend?

If they're trying to eat my face, I have no problem killing it.

Oh I hope it would end. Perhaps, our pre-existing antibodies figure out how to attack the virus and everyone would just eventually revert back to their normal state. Then we don't drink the water until it's purified.

For some reason The Devil went Down to Georgia is the first thing that popped into my head.

Hmm, I'm not really a fan of the zombie genre. I would have to say the Resident Evil franchise, although I feel they've really started moving away from zombies for more complicated 'baddies'

• 1 year later...

1: Government experiments definitely
1.5: 28 days later zombies, resident evil or rec zombies. Those are the scariest
2: Get a weapon and keep moving
3: Get suplies and a safe place
4: Samurai sword, crossbow, sniper rifle and a uzi to multiple enemies
5: I don't even kill spiders, but zombies are diferent. I would have to think to myself everytime that is needed for survival and that I was doing a favor to who the person was. I think no one wants to end their lifes as a zombie. However it's a lot easier to say that in theory.
6: Eventually a cure appears and society is slowly rebuild by those who survived
7: Something resident evil soundtrack
8: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, resident evil, rec, walking dead, zombieland.. just love zombie stuff <3

oooo how fun!:

Government experiments. Maybe trying to make elite soldiers somewhat superhuman and totally screwing it up.

World War Z zombies.

There are guns in my house. That's where I would head to make a plan.

My instinct would be to fortify the house, but then again... all the people you see in the movies doing that eventually get eaten. I would probably try and get to a small boat - one where zombies can't pop out from small spaces - and get to an island somewhere. Live off fish and coconuts.

I'm torn between an assault rifle or a shotgun.

I am definitely DEFINITELY squeamish. I nearly faint just when I have my blood drawn. BUT if something is coming after me to kill me, adrenaline and that survival instinct are going to kick in to do whatever it takes to make it out alive.

I don't think it would ever end. I think the cycle would repeat itself. Even if all the zombies were cured, there would still be some out there in remote areas looking for food. They come in and get one or two people, then one or two people more... causes another epidemic.

Lol. I'm not really into metal, but it would be something like that.

I Am Legend, or World War Z one of the two.

Can't BELIEVE I never did this one! :O

Government experiments, obviously! Shifty government. Had to be the US.

Slow moving stupid ones.

Probably head back into the house to gather weapons. And then head to the car after killing anything in my way.

Goal is to get to an enclave of survivors and build up weapons/fortress to survive.

Guns. Shotguns, rifles, handguns. Gather as many as possible!

Not squeamish and if you're coming at me to try to eat me, you betcha I'd be killing first. I tend to do really well in emergency situations.

I think that there would be a constant threat of zombies, but we survivors might manage to get the threat down to a manageable situation.

LIVING DEAD GIRL of course!

The Resident Evil games, The Walking Dead show, and World War Z/I Am Legend for movies.