What's your Achievement today?

Raichi

I just finished Dark Faerie quest 28 making my at the very top of the Jhudora's Bluff. I have 55.14K (55,137) points, and the person behind me has 49.47K (49,464) points. I am almost in a lock to get the gold. Funny thing is though, I have almost no money left, haha. 162K is what is left on me, and the quests are reaching 60k a piece, and will soon become impossible to buy.

That being said, do I lose my points if I lose? That would be a shame, XP

I'm with Duma and Siniri today.. I finally managed to beat Chadley on Escape to Kreludor.

Me: "I think I deserve an ice cream now." (I don't usually have sweets on weekdays)

Mom: "For what?"

Me: "For beating this stupid thing."
Mom: "...A game?"

Me: "YES."
Mom: o_O

It's nothing huge, but I've been re-building my habitarium. I've barely opened the game since the max level was 25 (what was that, 2011?), so a couple of days ago I started from there with decayed everything and one nester, and now it's at 31 and bursting with life. And it's quite addicting. Plus, I didn't break anything when I so many times came sooooo close to AAA's score today (and I finally beat him yeaaaah).

Meant to post this yesterday, but forgot- I managed to finally beat Chadley in Escape to Kreludor after getting to within 30 points of his score and then failing. <_<

Wow, I am so impressed, Duski! That is a huge accomplishment indeed!

(I had to struggle for a while to beat Abigail!)

Congrats to you! And to everyone also getting gold. There were really hard games this year, with very high scores. Gold really is a nice accomplishment this year.

I also have gold. :D

Congrats! I missed gold by two games, and only got participant. :D

My achievement is reaching 125 avatars, half way to the important 250 mark. It ain't much, but for my second week on this account, it ain't too bad. :P I probably shouldn't have done the nerkmid one though, that pretty much finished my budget for another week, haha.

I also got gold in DD. I missed beating AAA in 5 of the "Rescue Me Brother" games, though -- Kookia, Crisis Courier, Attack of the Revenge, Escape to Kreludor, and Shenkuu Tangram. I should have easily gotten CC, at least, but all the games were lagging and glitching on me so badly yesterday, it wasn't playable. (Kookia lags too much on my computer, too. ST lags just enough that even playing perfectly would have made me still miss AAA, and I ran out of time to get awesome luck on EtK. If I'd tried a bit harder, I think I could have eventually gotten AAA in AotR, maybe... I got a few scores in the 1100's, but that last level was impossible for me to kill them faster than they killed me.)

ETA: And the lab ray gave me +3 strength today, so that's now at the top boost. Woohoo!

Yay for Silver! slugged through 6 days of playing that should be 20 days due to school.

P.S. Exam day is half-day and I can play in the afternoon.

So this happened today:

collect.gif

Collect Winnings

Round Bet Info Amount Odds Winnings

5239 Shipwreck: Gooblah the Grarrl
Lagoon: Fairfax the Deckhand
Treasure Island: The Tailhook Kid
Hidden Cove: Buck Cutlass
Harpoon Harry's: Franchisco Corvallio 5209 NP 192:1 1000000 NP

Total Winnings 1000000 NP

Now, do I hold and try for a trophy? I would need to win at least 1M more over the next seven days (and likely 1.5-2M more). My current max bet is close to 8k (I wish the cap on winnings was higher), so that means I'd need to average 18:10 (likely 36:10) over those days. My average is above 16:10, so it's possible, but less likely than 50%. And tomorrow's odds look only so-so... Decisions, decisions... Sitting on the 1M for a week would cost me ~2.4k in interest. And depositing it now means I reach a nice round milestone in my bank account (one I've never reached before)...

Okay! Second achievement: reaching a nice round milestone in my bank account, the highest I've ever had there!

In my 12.5+ years of playing, I now have more NP than I've ever had before. Relative to other Neopians it isn't a lot because I don't restock and just rely on games and Habitarium. But I'm really glad. A part of me thinks "I have so much NP I don't know what to do with it!!!" :woot: but another part thinks "I'll never be able to afford Hidden Tower BD items!!!" :sad02:

I finally found my last worm (rainbow) for the Moltara worms quest - and made sure to note it on my petpage so I can find it again. I know it's not all that useful or exciting, but I like to be kind of thorough about the site, even for things other users can't see. Same reason I'm on a mission to get all the BD challengers, really.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU HAVE BEATEN NEOQUEST! You receive a Gold NeoQuest Trophy!

Yay! That's been one of my goals for a long time. So glad to be done with it! Today is officially a great day!

Yay! That's been one of my goals for a long time. So glad to be done with it! Today is officially a great day!

Massive congrats, Lampy! :D I'm working on NQ on Insane right now too- I can only imagine how happy you are to never have to play it again. ;D

(any tips?! LOL)

Massive congrats, Lampy! :D I'm working on NQ on Insane right now too- I can only imagine how happy you are to never have to play it again. ;D

(any tips?! LOL)

Just have patience. I got to the max level months ago, but I spent the last few months just fighting the little guys right before the boss to try to get more healing potions. It took forever, but I went into the final boss battle with 9 of the strongest potion (out of 10 max) and 15 of the next-strongest potion (which was the maximum). I actually ended up using a lot of the third-strongest potions, too, so try to hang on to those. When faced with the choice in a battle, it might be tempting to use the weaker potion, but I always tried to use the one that my opponents could potentially drop, so then I could replenish my supply. (Unless of course it would have over-healed me, and then I might make a different decision. No sense wasting precious HP!)

Good luck! I'm sure you can do it. The final battle was surprisingly not super difficult. Jahbal was scary because he can stun, but he didn't stun me at all, thank goodness. The other two opponents have a lot of HP and can hit hard, but they can't stun, so I was less worried.

Just have patience. I got to the max level months ago, but I spent the last few months just fighting the little guys right before the boss to try to get more healing potions. It took forever, but I went into the final boss battle with 9 of the strongest potion (out of 10 max) and 15 of the next-strongest potion (which was the maximum). I actually ended up using a lot of the third-strongest potions, too, so try to hang on to those. When faced with the choice in a battle, it might be tempting to use the weaker potion, but I always tried to use the one that my opponents could potentially drop, so then I could replenish my supply. (Unless of course it would have over-healed me, and then I might make a different decision. No sense wasting precious HP!)

Good luck! I'm sure you can do it. The final battle was surprisingly not super difficult. Jahbal was scary because he can stun, but he didn't stun me at all, thank goodness. The other two opponents have a lot of HP and can hit hard, but they can't stun, so I was less worried.

That's awesome, thanks! I've been over-levelling all along so far (I'm on level 25, and I only just beat Gors), to try and preserve my potions as much as possible.

I've always heard that Jahbal was the worst of the three badies, so I'm just holding out for that, lol