Habitarium lagging in firefox? (didn't used to happen)

linsta

I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem.

My habi has started lagging like crazy on firefox, like it kind of pauses every half second. I ran habi 24/7 in firefox fine for months. It only started doing this since I last got locked out and had to start over.

I really prefer to use firefox over chrome so hopefully I can figure out why it's doing this. My computer and firefox itself has never had a problem with habi before, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. It seems like it's using up to 40-42% CPU. I'm not sure how much it was using before.

I also recently shipped my computer across the country so I"m not sure if maybe it went through some damage? Everything else seems to work fine, and I"m not sure what to check. I made sure everything was hooked up and plugged in well inside the computer after I shipped it.

Anyways, if anyone else has experienced this or maybe knows how I can fix it, I'm open to suggestions please!

i used to always use firefox to run my habi and it worked fine until a couple of months ago. i dont know how to fix it, but i switched to google chrome instead. it works really well

did you install Adobe Flash Player 11.3 ?? it's very laggy and glitchy

i removed it and reverted back to Flash 10

Oh, yes! I think I did install a flash update right after I shipped my computer! How do I revert back?

these instructions were given to me by a kind TDN'er .. I followed them and it worked like a charm

you won't be able to play "very few" things until you get a newer Flash , like Angry Birds on Facebook .. but I am not worried about it .. when they fix Flash 11 i will re-install it ...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4348333

Just pointing out I have this problem as well. So thanks for asking and I'll have do the same reinstallation.

these instructions were given to me by a kind TDN'er .. I followed them and it worked like a charm

you won't be able to play "very few" things until you get a newer Flash , like Angry Birds on Facebook .. but I am not worried about it .. when they fix Flash 11 i will re-install it ...

http://forums.adobe....message/4348333

Yay!! It works now! Thank you so much Angelo, you're a lifesaver <3

Habitarium gets laggy for me if I keep it on for a long time.

That happens with most flash games. I'm guessing Habi has a memory leak, which is where a program takes in more memory the longer it is left running, because it cannot release the memory back into the computer for free use. A quick refresh should fix that, if not reload your browser.

If anyone else is having Flash player problems, I originally posted a fix to the problem here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/33938-flash-player-crashing/ which gives other possible solutions. You don't need to revert all the way back to version 10, early versions of 11 are pretty stable, but It varies from computer to computer.

That happens with most flash games. I'm guessing Habi has a memory leak, which is where a program takes in more memory the longer it is left running, because it cannot release the memory back into the computer for free use. A quick refresh should fix that, if not reload your browser.

If anyone else is having Flash player problems, I originally posted a fix to the problem here: http://www.tdnforums...layer-crashing/ which gives other possible solutions. You don't need to revert all the way back to version 10, early versions of 11 are pretty stable, but It varies from computer to computer.

Ohh and also I have a pretty old computer- 6 years now.But thanks for the help.

If anyone else is having Flash player problems, I originally posted a fix to the problem here: http://www.tdnforums...layer-crashing/ which gives other possible solutions. You don't need to revert all the way back to version 10, early versions of 11 are pretty stable, but It varies from computer to computer.

I've never noticed having lag from having habi open for a long period of time. At least, it doesn't lag more after 10 hours then right after I refresh it. Anyways, I reverted to flash player version 11.1 but now flash isn't working in chrome so I'll try a different version when I'm less lazy xD.

Habitarium can get very very laggy depending on how many p3s you have, all those calculations are processor intensive. If you run firefox or chrome search for an extension that will make will allow you to change your flash quality.

I have low quality flash installed on both chrome and firefox, but I only use it to prevent lockouts. Anyways, I stated that I never had a problem with habi lagging before on the same computer so I was trying to figure out what caused the problem :P.

Anyways, a solution has been found so feel free to lock this topic, mods :P

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.