Game avatars

So here's something I was thinking about doing over the summer, while I have far too much free time on my hands...

Each week, I will pick a game whose avatar I don't yet have. I will then spend at least one hour a day (if I can) trying to get that avatar. I figure, at the very least, even if I don't get the avatar, at least I'll get a lot of practice! Instead of playing all avatar games every day, I'll focus on getting really good at one game over the week and see if maybe I can get the avatar.

Would anyone like to join me? Each day, post your top three scores! (Making sure, of course, that your post is at least seven words long, and that you don't post twice in a row...)

This week: Extreme Potato Counter

Ends 07/14

m-226.png

Also, if you have any tips/cheats, etc., those are always welcome!

My best scores for 07/07/12: 106, 113, 140

Sounds like a great idea c: I'm still stuck on Meepit Juice Break, so I won't be participating in Extreme Potato Counter this week c; Good luck though (hopefully I'll catch up, haha) c:

This is a great idea! My work schedule can be pretty awful, so there is no guarrantee that I'll be able to participate every day, but it can't hurt! ^__^

My scores today: 67, 84 (OMG MY HIGHEST SCORE EVER, lol I'm so sad), and 83. ._.

This is similar to the strategy I used to get my game avvies.The more you play, the better you get and the better chance you have to get a lucky, high-scoring game

That's very nice and motivating idea. :) I usually pick 2-3 avatar games / month and try to improve my score in those games. Currently I'm going for Snow Wars and Escape from Meridell Castle.

Good luck getting more game avatars!

So here's something I was thinking about doing over the summer, while I have far too much free time on my hands...

Each week, I will pick a game whose avatar I don't yet have. I will then spend at least one hour a day (if I can) trying to get that avatar. I figure, at the very least, even if I don't get the avatar, at least I'll get a lot of practice! Instead of playing all avatar games every day, I'll focus on getting really good at one game over the week and see if maybe I can get the avatar.

Would anyone like to join me? Each day, post your top three scores! (Making sure, of course, that your post is at least seven words long, and that you don't post twice in a row...)

This week: Extreme Potato Counter

Ends 07/14

m-226.png

Also, if you have any tips/cheats, etc., those are always welcome!

My best scores for 07/07/12: 106, 113, 140

I think this sounds like a wonderful idea!

I usually give up so easily because I know that I'm just not very good at most of the flash games,

but I think I could do this. :D

This sounds like a great idea! I'm currently rotating between Carnival of Terror and Typing Terror, but I'm more than happy to join in with Extreme Potato Counter - the more variation there is, the longer it takes to drive me insane. xD

The scores I ended up sending were 124, 84, and 110.

I'm not sure if it actually helped, but I played on low quality and used TDN's chart of ranges (in numbers of potatoes possible) for each level.

84 (OMG MY HIGHEST SCORE EVER, lol I'm so sad),

my highest score (which i just submitted) is 52 :(

but i'm in anyway, if anything you can all feel consoled when you see my scores :P

I played on low quality and used TDN's chart of ranges (in numbers of potatoes possible) for each level.

2 questions for you: how do you switch to low quality, and where is this TDN chart of ranges? its not here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/neopets-games/extreme-potato-counter-archive/ :S

but i'm in anyway, if anything you can all feel consoled when you see my scores :P

2 questions for you: how do you switch to low quality, and where is this TDN chart of ranges? its not here: http://www.thedailyn...ounter-archive/ :S

Aww, I feel bad about making fun of my low score now! Well, we are all sure to improve! ^_^

It's on the newer Extreme Potato Counter page (I just removed -archive)

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/neopets-games/extreme-potato-counter/

2 questions for you: how do you switch to low quality, and where is this TDN chart of ranges? its not here: http://www.thedailyn...ounter-archive/ :S

Rebecca beat me to the punch on your second question, and for switching to low quality: when you're on the page to play the game, just go to the url and find "quality=high" and switch the word "high" to "low." Here's a link, to make it faster:

http://www.neopets.com/games/game.phtml?game_id=226&size=regular&quality=low&play=true

Like I said, I'm not sure if it actually did help, but when I was playing the other day (before I switched to low) I could only get to like 40ish points XD It might all be in my head though.

Well, playing on low quality helped me a bit I think!

My scores today: 78, 58, 59.

Er. Maybe not. Though, I'm not feeling 100% at the moment, so that probably didn't help my scores.

I hope everyone did better than me today!

Ima join! My best score so far was 105 :/

Something that helps me is to use the large screen and focus on the middle. I don't know if it's just me, but every potatoe that enters the field disturbs my view and I can count them way better.

5 min later: 115. Oh man, if I continue at this speed.. Well xD

Welp, this is clearly not going to happen for me today. I'm hopped up on some pretty serious painkillers after yesterday's fun additions to my already fractured spine. Highest score for today is 88.

I ended up with 82, 85, and 50-something as the scores I sent (it's late, so I ended up just sending that last score out of tiredness lol)

Granted, I've been at rehearsal for the past 8 hours, so I'm not exactly focused right now. We'll see if I can improve tomorrow.

EDIT 7/10/12: Today I managed a score of 150. I tried to submit it; got a notice that my score was being reviewed to check and see if it's legit. If my score is reviewed fifty points away from the avatar score, I'd hate to see what happens when I manage to get 200+ points.

Otherwise, I submitted 114, 82, and 150 today.