UC Trading Advice?

Angelfelis

I would like some advice on what to do with my UC Baby Kougra, caira947752.

I traded my lovely named UC Baby Kougra for her, because I was looking for a worse-named one, but didn't realize until after that I just don't like numbers in names, and the owner won't trade back with me, so now I'm kind of stuck.

I'm hoping to get one with a name format like any of these:

xxxxx_xxxxxx_xxxxxx; XxxxXxxxxXxxxx; or vVvVvVXxxxxVvVvVv

But I'm not sure how to trade up to one. No one's all that interested in a nameswap, so that seems to be out of the question.

I have my eyes on a name I really like, but they're looking for certain UC Darigans and Greys, and I really don't think I can trade for one directly. =/

They're looking for these:

UC Darigan:

Bori, Kyrii, Cybunny, Pteri, and Kougra.

UC Grey:

Moehog, Grarrl, Techo, and Meerca.

So if anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated. I'm just kind of lost right now and don't know what to do. ;^^

Thank you Youngrace! Yeah, I was trying to find a name I liked more, because 'Synnoved's name wasn't really hitting with me. I liked names that end in 'A', so I thought Caira would be great, but I just can't stand the numbers in her name.

Thank you Loved Wall Flower, I've been keeping my eye on those, so hopefully I do!

Yeah, I wish they'd invent a way for you to change names. That would make me so happy, even if you had to pay for it.

And yeah, UC stands for Unconverted. Sorry about that. ;^^

I think that would be a great idea, a way to change the names (even if you have to pay for it), a lot of pets - and their owners - would be a lot happier..

Thank you Youngrace! Yeah, I was trying to find a name I liked more, because 'Synnoved's name wasn't really hitting with me. I liked names that end in 'A', so I thought Caira would be great, but I just can't stand the numbers in her name.

Thank you Loved Wall Flower, I've been keeping my eye on those, so hopefully I do!

Just a random and possibly false fact (can't be sure since I didn't name her) ; Synnoved could be a slightly twisted form of Synnöve, which is a swedish name meaning gift of the sun and which is also a twist on the name Snow white.

If you're going to trade for a converted do it for a RW/RN Draik - don't go for VWN, there's so many around at the moment and a VWN Draik even trained to 100HSD will not get you a WN UC.

(Values are still a bit all over the shop though so if you were going to go that route it might be easier to trade Caira for a basic RW/RN pet then morph into a Draik yourself.)

good point saxen! but aren't uc baby kougras like the lowest in the uc trading tier? i've seen even basic WN draiks go for uc babies, but maybe the values have recently changed for those.

@ angel: if you can get a RW/RN, that would definitely be best. for those though, make sure it's a more common and shorter RW/RN as opposed to something like "Peristalsis" or "Strategizing," since words like that are HTT and have very little value. common names or short names (3 or 4 letters) would be most ideal. best of luck hun!

When did you see that trading going on Gracie? I can definitely imagine that being the case before the deflation but from what I've seen recently hardly any UC owners want Draiks anymore unless they're RW/RN :(

I thought the lowest were UC Mutants (?)- Lupe, Buzz, and Usul being the least desirable. A lot of people rule those three out on their first posts when they're looking for UCs. As far as I know Kougies are in the highest tier out of all the UC Babies, but I could be really wrong of course XD They seem to trade the best.

:yes: *agrees with Gracie*. If you do decide to go down that route drop me a mail, I've traded a few RW/RN pets and I'd love to help ^^

Thank you for all the advice you guys!

I agree, going for a RW and then saving up for a Draik morph would be best, since that's how I got my WNed UC Baby Koug (probably was luck though that she was well named). So I have advertised for RWs a few times.

What do you guys think of 'Homeless'? I got offered it a while ago, and think that would make for a lovely Grey draik.

@ saxen: you're most likely right! i haven't been on the PC very actively for the last few months, but in march i remember seeing a few WN pirate draiks being traded out for some UC babies (i think one of them was a kougra)...but then again there were a ton of UC babies uft in march for some reason, maybe it was just a hiccup in the supply and demand. :P

@ angel: "homeless" is a great character name, but i'm not sure it'll be the easiest name to trade because the character possibilities are somewhat limited. (although i admit it would be epic on a grey draik!) i notice that girlier names / adjectives tend to be a little bit more popular, if that helps any! saxen has quite a few lovely named pets, so i'd wait to see what she has to say about this. :)

I deleted my first page of mails by accident! I cant remember if I replied to your mail yesterday- let me know if you have any more news :3 I'm still keeping my eye out.

Gracie I said pretty much the same thing ^^ And aw *hugs* thanks :D

Cool :P

If you want to stick with UCs I would try and trade for something WN/VWN if you can, even if it's a wee bit of a downtrade. People are super funny about names these days.

Hmm, I would probably just advertise for all UCs until you find something you think would be tradeable. It might take a while but if you're committed you should be able to find a decent trade. :3

I know what you mean about the Mutant tier, some Darigans are also considered to be worth less than other UCs. :/

I've come across some guides that might help you;

http://www.neopets.com/~Raulies

http://www.neopets.com/~treid

No problem :D And I'm sure they will!

I'll keep a look out for your boards to bump ^_^