Having problems with the customization page... Help?

joririn

I have a mac and it's been working amazingly until a couple months. It keeps crashing and stuff.. but that's not what bothers me.. It seems like everything else is working okay but when I go to the customization page it doesn't work!

Look here: http://oi45.tinypic.com/dz8ff7.jpg This is what it does! It's loading, then suddenly it shows me that circe with an exclamation mark... I've tried visiting the customization page with other browsers, mozilla and opera.. (I'm using safari mostly). It doesn't work with mozilla either, BUT for some odd reason, it works on opera ONLY with my side accounts! It doesn't work with my main account! (i have 5 accounts) I tried uninstalling the flash player and then install it again, it didn't work... Then I installed an older version of flash player and it's the same thing.. Anyone having this problem? I'm really desperate, I want to be able to customize my pets!!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘TDN Questions’ to ‘Neopets Help’.

I've had problems customizing in safari and firefox so I've been using google chrome and haven't had any more trouble. I don't know if that's your issue or not but it was mine. I never get the big exclamation point anymore with chrome.

I know the fix for Google Chrome!

If your Flash Player can't load when you're trying to dress up your pets, go to "View Background Pages" (click the Wrench icon for the menu), scroll down until you see "Plug-in: Shockwave Flash", select "End Process" only for that, all flash windows will be terminated, refresh the customize page, then you should be able to customize your pets again.

Do keep in mind that if this occurs again, repeat the process. I'll experiment with other browsers later on.

I just installed Google Chrome and it works! Thanks Ashbash & morgennaraene! But I'd really like to be able to fix the problem on safari, mozilla and opera. I really don't know why it doesn't work on them. And to Bomberman: I guess that's the fix for Chrome? xD Cause I can't find any 'View Background Pages' .... I'm using Safari at the moment. :)

General help (you should try to see if it solves your problem:) http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/troubleshoot-games-video-audio-flash.html#main_Games

Help from Apple: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2562148?start=0&tstart=0

Basically if the steps from Adobe fail, you might have to uninstall and reinstall Flash, and then repair the permissions. And if you say that your mac has been crashing a lot in the past few months, you can assume that permissions might be corrupted - if it's not your hardware failing.

Thank you a lot Xepha!! I followed the steps from apple and I think my computer works better now but still... That grey circle with exclamation mark is still there when I go to the customization page on Safari X.x It might be a flash player glitch, I've read some other topics regarding this... Apparently it's happening to others too...

I've been getting the same problem. The other day I was getting the grey circle/exclamation mark, but only for my newly adopted pet (it still worked for my other pets, games, other websites, etc.).

Now, I don't get the grey circle anymore but the loading screen keeps freezing for that one pet - it says "Loading neopet data" but the blue bar and hourglass stop spinning and it stays like that forever.

I followed almost all the suggested fixes in this topic and on the linked sites and sent a ticket into TNT but nothing has worked. I was very clear in my ticket that I had the most recent version of Chrome and Flash and that it was only one pet that I was having problems with, but they just suggested updating my browser/flash player and taking some items out of my closet (the limit is 650 apparently, but I still only have less than 100 in there).

I don't want to have to use a new browser just to customize my pet but it seems like that's the only thing left I can try. Ughhhhh. :(

• 2 months later...