Giving kudos all around

Bubbleline

After spending time on the Neoboards, I've grown to truly appreciate this site. Everyone is kind and helpful. I have yet to see any trolls. And even on debates where there are 2 strong sides giving their opinions, I don't really see anyone getting too hostile or going out of their way to tell people that their opinion is wrong and they should feel bad for having it. OR the unbearable know-it-alls that sit on their high horses acting as if they know the secrets of the universe and we're all just the unwashed masses chasing after our own tails. (mumble grumble gosh I can't stand those people grumble mumble)

I know not everyone on the neoboards are evil little trolls, but honestly, there are so many of them that it makes it not worth it to stay for the kind people. And then there's TNT, and you never really know whose side they're on. >.> But anywho. *pushes the neoboards off into the quarantined side of the internet* Hugs and high-fives all around for TDNFers.

-high fives-

I am so with you on that! I kind of cry inside whenever I have to venture onto the Neoboards. :(

The Premium boards are pretty good, but I like the atmosphere on TDN much better. And I don't have to worry about being frozen for someone misunderstanding me!

Awyeah ;D TDN rules all! Couldn't agree more.

I agree, whilst there are some great people on the neoboards, there seem to be a lot of cliques, that act all elite, it's kinda pathetic to watch tbh. Everyone here is kind and helpful, and you get to actually know people here.

But... none of my AC friends are on here. If TNT would hurry up and allow TDN to be mentioned, i'm pretty sure the population of this place will explode.

I agree, whilst there are some great people on the neoboards, there seem to be a lot of cliques, that act all elite, it's kinda pathetic to watch tbh. Everyone here is kind and helpful, and you get to actually know people here.

Yes! I have never been able to permiate into any of the groups on the neoboards, and so never actually met anyone there. :(

Within a week or so on TDN I had people I talked to on a regular basis, and enjoyed talking to, to boot! :D

But... none of my AC friends are on here. If TNT would hurry up and allow TDN to be mentioned, i'm pretty sure the population of this place will explode.

ugh, I hope not. Well obviously I want the site to do well but with mass popularity comes stupidity, if the majority of other forums on the internet are anything to go by.

Yes! I have never been able to permiate into any of the groups on the neoboards, and so never actually met anyone there. :(

Within a week or so on TDN I had people I talked to on a regular basis, and enjoyed talking to, to boot! :D

Snap, I've joined a few guilds that promise friendly active members, but it turns out to be little girls talking about the most ridiculous things, acting all emo about having to do yard work, #firstworldproblems.

Think I've found a nice mature guild now but yeah, the AC is hard to find regular decent buddies.

I will say the BD chat seems to have lots of helpful people though!

Edit: oh, and although you can't curse/swear here, you can have much more mature chats without freaking out about wether you're going to get told off by TNT.

ugh, I hope not. Well obviously I want the site to do well but with mass popularity comes stupidity, if the majority of other forums on the internet are anything to go by.

Agreed. But luckily, i think the mods are up for the challenge. It'll let them stretch out their wings of mod-like power. They've been coasting with all you well-behaved users too long. :P

I agree wholeheartedly! I'm actually a little terrified ( just a tinsy bit) of the neoboards ⊙﹏⊙ I used to go there soley for the Quest help board, but TDNF's got that covered too (。♥‿♥。)

Oh the cliques. It makes me wonder why they bother making public boards if they're just gonna ignore people or freak out when they comment. I actually think the AC is the best time to go on the Neoboards, though. So many nice people with good sportsmanship outweigh the bad.

And yea, the idea of this place booming too much scares me. Mo' people, mo' problems. If only the new people coming in could be filtered so that just the awesome people came... :P

actually think the AC is the best time to go on the Neoboards, though

i agree, ive never particpated on the boards before last AC, and i gotta say the WAM boards were excellent!

If only the new people coming in could be filtered so that just the awesome people came... :P

What I want is this filter to exist in real life lol

i think the AC is okay depending on the time of day...at night the trolls seem to multiply by 1000 (maybe because they're finally out from junior high? :P)

i actually think the NC boards are probably the nicest, as well as the prem boards -- aka people who pay in some way for the site. i gotta admit though, i find the neoboards kinda fun sometimes, but these forums definitely take the cake. go TDN~!

What I want is this filter to exist in real life lol

Oh a filter like that in real life would be ever so wonderful. But alas, of course it can't be that easy. XD

I agree wholeheartedly! I'm actually a little terrified ( just a tinsy bit) of the neoboards ⊙﹏⊙ I used to go there soley for the Quest help board, but TDNF's got that covered too (。♥‿♥。)

I'm like that too. Whenever I do post anything (non-Faerie quest related), I tend to get two responses: none at all or something negative.

I'm gonna offer a board on how to handle the neoboards. False interwebs confidence. You march your little poogley behind onto those neoboards like you own them and you make people pay attention to you. I went onto the AC not knowing a thing and i demanded a MSPP/BGC lend and i got it. Then people started questioning how such a low avvie count got those and i told them. I talked my way to a SuAP lend less than 3 weeks later.

No one needs to know you're shy. Just insert yourself into the conversation, start personalizing your questions to people and keep up. Easy as pie. :)

If you see me on the MSPP/SuAP lend boards, just call me out. I answer to Leigh or Cupcake. I'll get you squared away. :D

As for the HC and PC... well... those aren't real boards. lol. PC is pet slave-driving and HC is trolls. That's a roller coaster i just lurk for fun.

Internet high-five! That's why although I would be interested in a guild for the activities and for meeting people on a smaller scale (I think the activities are kind of fun, I did used to belong to a decent guild before it exploded) I have not bothered to wade through the Guild board. I've been hiding from it, honestly! It's so much more fun here.

On another note - Leigh, that's AWESOME! I giggled when I read "march your poogley little behind". That definitely takes some confidence to get lent those items like that!

Leigh officially has my stamp of approval for being able to man-handle the neoboards like that. And I think it's scary trying to find a guild, too. I lucked out by just running into people who had similar interests with me and then we all decided to randomly make a guild together.

I wish I had your confidence, Leigh. Saying mine is lacking is like saying MSPP is a tad expensive. x3

Internet high-five! That's why although I would be interested in a guild for the activities and for meeting people on a smaller scale (I think the activities are kind of fun, I did used to belong to a decent guild before it exploded) I have not bothered to wade through the Guild board. I've been hiding from it, honestly! It's so much more fun here.

I don't much care for guilds-in any game. Too much politics and they demand too much time. And I always wind up with the type that gets excited over the newbie until the next newbie comes along and they completely forget the first one exists. Or the type that dies a horrible death shortly after I join.

I like being able to help people and having access to people who can help me, but guilds just don't seem to have a good cost to benefit ratio. =/

I've always avoided the neoboards for the same sorts of reasons as well as the whole being frozen thing! Which seems more likely on the neoboards than anywhere else on the site.

But here is just nice, friendly and even if I haven't been around for a couple of months I feel quite comfortable wandering back as if I never left!

I'm with you on this one!

Unfortunately, my main acct is apparently "under 13" so i cant use the neoboards -.-

However, after experimenting on my side acct, I've decided these forums are way better. The boards are a bit too confusing for my *simple* mind ^.^

And.... there is that whole "getting frozen" thing... but mostly 'cuz the people here are really helpful

:thumbsup: -to TDNers

I wish I had your confidence, Leigh. Saying mine is lacking is like saying MSPP is a tad expensive. x3

I don't much care for guilds-in any game. Too much politics and they demand too much time. And I always wind up with the type that gets excited over the newbie until the next newbie comes along and they completely forget the first one exists. Or the type that dies a horrible death shortly after I join.

I like being able to help people and having access to people who can help me, but guilds just don't seem to have a good cost to benefit ratio. =/

You know, I've been a part of three guilds, and the first two I joined died horrible deaths with no warning and the third has just completely gone silent! There weren't many members anyway so there wasn't a lot of activity or interest. I think I'm out of luck. That's why I spend quite a bit of time here, honestly - and everyone's so nice!