Read to me and give me toys

Like those main account Neopets

How I long for those joys!

Next time she pays a visit

I’ll let her know how I feel

Even though I’m just a side account 'pet

Our bond should be just as real

----------------

Well, I was taking a look to the new poems and the first one killed me a little. I had never thought on side account neopets in such a sad way. I know, most of you are thinking: "But they are just a pile of pixels!" and I know it, but that little poem gave me a little heartache.

Whyyyyyyy??? I feel so bad now D: *goes to side account*

I don't think of them as merely pixels, If you do then you cant be getting the full joy out of Neopets :3

I wouldn't say I think fo them as just pixels, I do love my pet, it's just, well, they are pixels. That's all they are!

I create characters for mine so my pets are more like beings to me :P

My pets on my side accounts are more than just pixels, they're like real pets to me and I treasure them. Even though they don`t get as much attention as my main pets. I still love them! :D

Oh wow. D:

Makes me glad I don't have a side account.

Though. Back when I first started I had four side accounts. So out there, somewhere, I have twenty pets slowly starving and becoming unhappy, and they'll never be purged. :(

I know my side account pets aren't the ones I "always" see since I'm usually on my main, but I would never neglect them D:

I always try to get them new clothes, they all have neohomes, and I visit quite often since I also gave them character so they're more than just pixels.

If it was easier to transfer NC to side accounts, they would ALL look super cute/handsome :3

I actually rotate mine out quite a bit - although I have a new main, so I can't do a lot of transferring, but when I was using magicxmaid as my main they got rotated through frequently! So they've had some time with me, lol. I haven't done a lot of customization with them, but I *do* have plans for all of them.

I've started putting all 8 of my neopets in the Neolodge because I'm not always able to get on every day (or sometime close to it).

Except for the ALP pet I babysit, I have traded pets on and off my side before (and plan on doing it when I finally get enough NP to paint one of my pets eventide). I plan on painting them all some day something beautiful, but for now, my first neopet, the first one I saved up to morph/paint and the most expensive paint job I have are on my main (as well as a grarrl to hopefully get lent BGC).

When my side is older and has more transfers/month, I plan on rotating a couple in and out :)

On a practical level, I know they're pixels so I don't feel bad about that because I don't care for them as pixels. As characters, most have never met me, or aren't aware that they are "owned", or just don't care, or are always away anyway, so they can't/don't feel sad - the only one who has met me and knows they are owned and is home often is on my main.

I do feel bad for pets that are just trade fodder though - their whole life they're just a bartering chip.

My pets even on my side accounts are more than just pixels. I haven't been playing on Neopets a lot lately so I am guilty of my side account pets getting hungry. That's gonna change because I'm getting back into being a full time owner :D

I'm actually playing on one of my side accounts right now.....hehehe!!!!

My pets to me are my characters, so I often see in my head them going about their daily lives on their own. In game however I feed them at the Soup Kitchen every day, make sure they're happy, have a Petpet, and will sometimes give them books to increase their intelligence. I absolutely don't leave customisation out of the picture, and on one of my sides I'm setting up a nice Classic Neohome. Some side pets are meant to be warriors, such as Lighlet or Hikaru, so I train them, too.

And to top things off - I write about them all the time. And I design and draw their characters, so, in a nutshell, my side pets are anything but neglected.

I think it's a very touching poem ^^ what you can improve on is how many claps you have per sentence, sort of like when you're writing a song, so that it reads more fluently when out loud. (in elementary we had to say words and clap along the while)

• 1 year later...

The poem tore at my heart strings a little as well. However, leaving my petpet in the grave danger catacombs has resulted in the same effect. I started rotating petpets that went in specifically cause of it.

My mom would guilt trip me when I stopped going to Neopets for months. She took care of my pet that was in my side account and dedicated herself to training it lol

We know they are just pixels but...i dunno...there is just something about their sad lil faces!

I feel so bad for the side account Neopets I start getting worried about my neopets if I can't check on them that day and I know they are pixels but still aI can't help but get o sad whenever one of my animals move attached to them. Neopets is like Animal Crossing for me I feel sad if one of my animals move away I was best friends with one animal named Coco and I wasn't able to play for a week so I got back on and she was gone and I felt water coming to my eyes because I couldn't say good bye. I know they are just pixels but they are my best friends and I take care of my cousin's neopets sometimes when he doesn't play and I sometimes bug him to go on Neopets so he can feed his neopets and I can't stand to see them sad.