Saw a lump of sand at the forgotten shore today and ...

SuperAttackPea

According to that petpage, you only have a 1% chance of getting the BG, and you've gotten it four times. Clearly, you must have some luck. :P

No, you're not unlucky, but 0.5% odds are very, very low. You could try for another year and not get one. It's just random.

It takes very little NPs to unlock it and takes almost no effort to visit with a possibility of huge rewards. I'd say it's worth it. :P

I have unlocked it. And you nailed the keyword there exactly. A possibility of huge rewards. I got empty sand so much of the time, that's when I decided it wasn't worth it.

I have unlocked it. And you nailed the keyword there exactly. A possibility of huge rewards. I got empty sand so much of the time, that's when I decided it wasn't worth it.

I know how you feel and you're entitled to feel that way. I've gotten nothing at all the past week, but I figure a small chance to get something big is better than no chance at all.

I say go for it, even if the present yields (or none at all as what I've gotten haha) aren't satisfying. It doesn't take that long to check a page and close it if it's empty. A daily that can possibly give you rare items is a daily worth a click.

basically its free :P and its not hard to add to my dailies, so i do it. i have managed to get the background once, and i also have gotten the avatar, still waiting on a draik egg etc but i'm patient. :D

it took alot more effort and caused alot more frustration with the Skarl avatar :P

It's definitely frustrating when you come up empty, especially days on end. But it is literally a one-click daily with better prizes than most, which is really nice. :O

This is probably the part where I should stop and point out that my account was frozen between 2:30a EST and 1:30p this afternoon. Ergo, I no longer have access to the Forgotten Shore and have to begin the arduous process of recouping everything I lost. Since TFS infrequently gives out neopoints and I would have to "spend money to make money" in this case, it's definitely not worth it anymore.

This is probably the part where I should stop and point out that my account was frozen between 2:30a EST and 1:30p this afternoon. Ergo, I no longer have access to the Forgotten Shore and have to begin the arduous process of recouping everything I lost. Since TFS infrequently gives out neopoints and I would have to "spend money to make money" in this case, it's definitely not worth it anymore.

Would it make you feel any better if I said that I have an extra set of the map pieces and that you can have it for free if you want it?

You should probably create a new account and start over. Why was your account frozen?

Would it make you feel any better if I said that I have an extra set of the map pieces and that you can have it for free if you want it?

I luff you? :D

You should probably create a new account and start over.

Oh, I have my side account...I just never "tricked it out". (Do people even say that anymore?)

Why was your account frozen?

Let's just say I know exacly what I did and I'm unwilling to discuss it and leave it at that. O.o

I don't remember getting the background, I mostly got necklaces and stuff and np's or nothing at all, and this once I got a draik egg I was all WHAAA. xD

That's what I was saying, lump of sand is worse than *swagbag* or treasure chest unless it gives pde or pkmp. The bg is less than 1k nps. You must have been really lucky.