Which is the more popular show.....

Lady Lyuba

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, or Legend of Korra? I have tried searching for polls, what have you, but all have Korra bias, and as MLP has pretty much become the most hated thing in the world now due to 4chan, and more people are fans of LoK than MLP because of society and MLP being a "little girl's show", etc, I'm pretty sure Korra is the winner. But I really do want to know if there is a winner at all, if it is a tie, or one is more popular than the other. I see MLP hate, but why none for LoK? Because it's JUST as bad. And admittedly, I like the wrong fandom. Personally I'd rather watch ponies than Avatar but that's just me.

What I am trying to seek is unbiased info - gathered from people. Even yours might help. I just feel the need to know what is more popular.

It's hard to tell because:

a) both are GREAT series with very different themes/style/target audience

b) the series are still ongoing - future seasons may have an impact. Also, they weren't aired at the same time so it is hard to measure popularity with air time.

If you want IMDB's opinion, LoK is ranked 98th place and FiM 426th place on the list of "Most Popular Television Series" but I guess due to there must be some degree of bias there.

Personally, so far I prefer LoK because I grew up watching Avatar The Last Airbender so I'm obviously biased and I only saw the first season on FiM and starting on my second season so I really can't say anything.

i prefer mlp tbh. (oh, does my avatar give that away? haha) korra was pretty good, but i liked the characters in the old avatar MUCH better, and i kind of can't stand korra herself ~ she acts so entitled, especially in the later eps. mlp is just more lighthearted, and the older i get, the less drama i like in my shows. :P

I haven't actually seen Legend of Korra (so much raving about it that I cant bring myself to XD I'm one of those lol). My Little Pony is excellent though.

Seeing as they're being compared and MLP is one of my fave shows I may have to give it a watch :P

I've never seen MLP before but I loved Avatar: The Last Airbender. I was hoping to like Legend of Korra as much but the series greatly disappointed me and my high expectations, so neither for me.

If I had to choose, LoK, but barely.

While I love both series, I think MLP has a bigger fanbase overall. When Season 3 starts up (i think around a month or so) you'll see it way more than now.

LoK has a lot of fans too, although I don't see them much, but who knows?

I'm probably a bit biased on this as I've watched both seasons of MLP and only the pilot episode of LoK...

Like many people, I loved Avatar: The Last Airbender and I was really looking forward to next series. However, I just couldn't really get into the show because of Korra. I don't know if it's just me, but she acts more than a little entitled. It doesn't help how she acted towards the anti-bender.

As heard in andaraen-hearing:

Protestor: I find it unfair that certain people who are born with a special ability are given special treatment and status.

Korra: I should punch you with water because I can.

Yes, I know the protesters are supposed to be the bad guys of the series, but she couldn't know that yet. Also, she's the Avatar. She's supposed to facilitate compromise between people, not completely dismiss their problems.

I enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic because it's so...sincere, I guess. I am a cynic, a pessimist and all sorts of words that describe negative people and it is downright tiring. It's nice to see something bright and optimistic without being sickeningly sweet. It's also nice to see some shutouts for older viewers.

To be honest, I've never seen either show and never heard of Legend of Korra until I joined this forum. :P From an outsider's perspective, I'd say that MLP is more popular just because it's so much more prevalent wherever you go on the internet. But that's mainly memes; I guess it doesn't really say too much about the shows themselves.

To be honest, I've never seen either show and never heard of Legend of Korra until I joined this forum. :P From an outsider's perspective, I'd say that MLP is more popular just because it's so much more prevalent wherever you go on the internet. But that's mainly memes; I guess it doesn't really say too much about the shows themselves.

How could you NOT hear of Legend of Korra!? :O It's as prevalent on the net as MLP! And everyone you know loves the show, right? Yeah...I'm shocked. LOL! But - true, LoK does not have as much memes as it does fanart and a die-hard fanbase.

I feel like Legend of Korra would be more popular because My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, people only hear about through the internet. I just feel that the likely hood that someone hears about that show is if they come across it in their online communities. I didn't know about it until recently. Also, I know this is not true about A LOT of people, most boys would not want to watch it at first glance. Loads of people are a part of the Avatar community when they are young, so they join LOK too. These people plus the new generation of kids means a lot of people.

I feel like Legend of Korra would be more popular because My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, people only hear about through the internet. I just feel that the likely hood that someone hears about that show is if they come across it in their online communities. I didn't know about it until recently. Also, I know this is not true about A LOT of people, most boys would not want to watch it at first glance. Loads of people are a part of the Avatar community when they are young, so they join LOK too. These people plus the new generation of kids means a lot of people.

Yup thats true. When I was little if you talk about it, you are made fun of by the other boys.

How could you NOT hear of Legend of Korra!? :O It's as prevalent on the net as MLP! And everyone you know loves the show, right? Yeah...I'm shocked. LOL! But - true, LoK does not have as much memes as it does fanart and a die-hard fanbase.

LOL I don't know! I also don't spend as much time online or frequent as many sites as I used to, so that could also be part of it. No one that I know personally has ever mentioned either one, so I really don't know what anyone thinks of either show. :laughingsmiley: I actually don't even think I've ever seen references to either show up in my Facebook feed or anything, too.

So, neither are too popular to me, but from my limited experience MLP is the winner. :P I think that show would also be more up my alley personally, anyway.

Legend of korra, never heard of the other show.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is normally seen on The Hub (if you have it on satellite or digital cable) in the United States, but let's stay on topic.

Both Avatar: Legend of Korra and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are very popular animated shows these days. Legend of Korra since it's one of the more superior Nicktoons in the early 2010s and the series continues from Avatar: The Last Airbender, which was a decent action-adventure cartoon series that very many followed on in the mid 2000s.

For My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I'd say that this is the more popular one out of the two. Surely the past My Little Pony cartoons and shows weren't very popular before Friendship is Magic and was mainly targeted towards young school-age gals around 4 to 8 (may not be exact), but the recent MLP series turned into a crazy phenomenon to guys and gals of all ages for some unknown reason (and for a show that was meant for young kids as well). If you ask me on one thing that's behind MLP: Friendship is Magic's popularity is that Lauren Faust created this recent reincarnation of the My Little Pony cartoon. She is the wife/spouse of Craig McCracken, and she has done some writing, storyboard design, character design, and other production work on popular Craig McCracken cartoons like Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and the upcoming Wander Over Yonder as well.

Now you guys are making me watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and I might as well try it out (never watched it before after all this time). Something tells me that I just might enjoy this series...

*GAASSSSSP* I can forgive those who have not heard of Korra but if you have not heard of MLP, what in the world do you do on the internet?

Haha, I watch CW shows like Supernatural, Hart of Dixie, 90210, Vampire diaries, gossip girl and others - pretty little liars, true blood, dexter, game of thrones, how i met your mother, big bang theory, two broke girls.... and everything else. I am a tv addict.

I've never seen my little pony on tv here in new zealand or seen it online anywhere,