When/if you've ever pounded a pet, did you feel bad?

usinski

Yeah, I felt guilty about pounding pets that I've created, even if I had every intention of snatching them up using my sides (since I ran out of transfers then, oops). That said, I've never abandoned any of my own creations, but those I've snatched from the pound for avatar purposes, I have no qualms sending back to the pound. -_-

Yes I do feel bad. I also thought I was the only one

I don't know why but it always makes me feel bad. Sometimes if I have their name in my history, I search them up to see if they've been adopted

I do that too! Even if they're pets I only adopted for a day to grab an avatar, I still look them up & check on them. Makes me feel better to see that they've been adopted by someone XD

I feel bad if they become a stuck pet, because that way lowers the chance of being adopted. I had a yellow tonu for ages, and I finally pounded him a couple months ago because I didn't like his name, and he's still stuck in the pound! I always check to see if he's been adopted, but as of now he's still waiting. Otherwise, I figure that some nice person will come along and adopt them.

I felt so guilty pounding my very first pet earlier on this year. I looked her up now though, she's painted Shadow and is customized, has an active owner etc. So I'm ok now but back then, it hurt :(

Also, at the risk of sparking off another debate, they are just pixels right?....It hurt to say that :P

I'm comfortable saying that some are just pixels, but I have a Uni and an Eyrie on my main that I would probably kill for. I've had them since I can remember (12+ years) and I would NEVER pound them. Never ever ever!

• 4 months later...

Omg yes ;~; I pounded my white Grundo at first because I didn't really want him and thought he was kinda dumb... I mean, I could easily get another white Grundo at the place where you could adopt Grundos at the Space Station, right? I still felt quite bad parting with it nonetheless. It had quite a fitting name too: Itsnowuse (because snow is white and he's dimwitted lol). I tried searching for him at the pound the other day but it appears he already has been adopted. Hope he's doing alright wherever he is. :/

I have to admit that, early on, I pounded a couple of really badly named pets. /hangs head in shame

I remember only one them by name...and the poor Kougra has been on an abandoned account for years now.

So, yah, I feel a twinge of guilt.

Silly, no?

:P

I had a pet that was given to me by a relative and I forever regret pounding her. That was years ago. I usually feel no regret pounding pets now because A.) I don't do it often B.) it was a pet I adopted from the pound and zapped so it would have a better chance of finding a permanent home or C.) I used to the pound for the purpose of a pet avatar

I don't really trade pets or do anything like that either. I feel so silly but I really do feel attached to the pixels that are neopets xD I even feel bad having my permanent pets on my sides!!

No, I generally don't feel bad, but that's probably because of the guilt-trip TNT tries to send you on when you pound a pet. I so strongly detest being emotionally manipulated that any such attempts tend to either fail or give the absolute opposite result of what was attempted.

The cases in which I do/would feel bad are those where pets have sentimental value to me.

I've pounded pets several times, but usually after I've zapped them to something interesting or cool that I hope people will want, regardless of their bad names.

I remember seeing a rather dirty name from the neopets tag on tumblr that made me crack up, but I felt SO BAD for that poor little pet.

(I'm SUPER bad at naming them... I started with a kacheek that was zapped and I named it meerkat... and now it's a poogle. I had a buzz named lulzbuzz that was turned into a snot kougra and it's still not adopted yet... why oh why am I so dreadful with names... 0_0.)

If you think you're going to feel bad about pounding a pet, don't pound it.

Exactly. The pound has enough pets already.

I could never, ever, never, ever pound Maingo. I don't even like to think about it. If I were to put Maingo in the pound I wouldn't forgive myself. :p

I have adopted and repounded quite a few pets lately because of avatars and I didn't really feel bad about that.

I don't think I could pound any of my permies though... I'm really attached to them and I even felt bad about using the lab on one of them!

I've never pounded any pets. I think I'd feel so guilty about it that just the thought of doing it is inconceivable. I have Italian heritage a couple of generations back, and this is clearly latent Catholic traits coming through!

Several people in the guild I was in used to adopt pounded pets, then zap then into something cool and repound them, such a nice things to do :D

Guest wishfulthinker427

I had an old account once with 4 pets. I was such an avid avatar collector that I wanted to pound at least 1 pet so that I could have space, but I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of any of them! They always looked so pitiful, plus, "Dr. Death" just didn't have a pleasant ring to it, so that just made it all the worse! To this day, I don't regret keeping them, but this time around (Neopets 2.0 for me?) I only have 1 pet so that I have plenty of opportunity to grow my collection all over again!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't tend to feel bad about this sort of thing. I mean, a few of my pets; my first ever pet from almost 2 years ago (okay, not my *first* pet EVER on Neopets, but my first since I came back and made a new account) which was a Hissi I made on Hissi Day, my Coconut JubJub and such, which I'm attached too/took ages to get; would make me feel bad for pounding them. But, I hardly ever make pets, I always adopt, so I never have to pound my own creations, and I very rarely feel bad about pounding an impulse back in the pound (although sometimes I'll adopt it out with apps if I feel it's wanted)

Put it this way, I've pounded many pets before and will pound many more in the future.

Personally I couldn't pound my pets - had my Scorchio for nearly 15 years and my Poogle almost that long so fairly attached to them. I'd always wanted a Cybunny and spent over an hour going through the pound until a beautiful shadow coloured one popped up! They all have incredibly silly names (strutmeister?! What was I thinking?!) but that's part of the charm. Really glad there is a pound though, instead of the pets just being deleted.... doesn't bear thinking about...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't feel bad the few times I've pounded pets. A lot of the times they were badly-named, on old accounts, that I grabbed for avatars.

I do the same thing. I feed them, get the avie, and then they go back to the pound.

I know, I'm horrible