Hating your pet's name

usinski

I know the feeling. :( I'm pretty happy with my current pets' names, but the names I chose when I first started were just dreadful. Urgh.

Yeahh I've had that before :/

I wish you the best of luck with the lab! Hope it bestows that lucky zap :)

I completely agree. I adopted all my pets from the pound so I had no say about all the numbers attached to the names (which is what bothers me the most). I've put too much time and money into improving them though to start over now with new pets. I wish there was some kind of potion or something that allowed us to rename them.

Yes, I don't like names with numbers but I adopted Anie and she had numbers on her name... I don't hate it, just don't like it.

I can absolutely relate. My "main" pet; The oldest on my account who is also my favourite and strongest pet has a rather undesirable name. Uncapitalised and a superfluous R at the end. I find my aisha's name idiotic as well. I don't even want to say it here, it's so lame. That's the punishment for lack of foresight.

I think I must be the only person that actually likes their pets names! My first ever account got frozen a few months after joining Neopets, so when I started my new account I made sure to only create pets with cool names :P

I started neopets when I was like 8 so my names are pretty bad...they have long numbers ahead of them so i just like shortening their names in everyday conversation. Like I call my Angelica200210 just Angelica.

That's exactly what I do! My Techo is called Lava, my Blumaroo is just called Chibi, my Ogrin is just called Ezzy. It makes it so much easier.

I still like the names of the pets I created, but I adopted a Buzz with a very strange name... FiareingBuzz. For the most part, I have accepted his deep, deep flaw. (My eyes see it, but my brain reads FiringBuzz and he shall some day be painted with flames. I refuse to paint him Faerie. I simply will not allow it.)

No, what I truly hate with a passion that defies articulation is my brand new Shoyru. I don't mind the numbers in its name so much, but it's female and has weepy eyes and it is, of course, a Shoyru. I obtained it for the avatar and shall get rid of it as soon as it is strong enough to win a battle. Maybe I'll be generous and paint it before trading it, but that froo-froo Charmander has got to go.

I made my account ages ago and to this day, I am still upset that cuzzipara (my first created neopet) has an uncapitalized name. Ugh! If only I clicked on shift! But I love her way too much to let her go for something as trivial as that. Maybe TNT will create a name change token or something like that? That would be kind of cool.

Now that I'm older, I give more thoughts about how I name any account I get. I had numbers and underscore with all lowercase letters on my first Neopets account. I think I might be tempted to get rid of a badly named pet if I didn't invest much.

I made my account ages ago and to this day, I am still upset that cuzzipara (my first created neopet) has an uncapitalized name. Ugh! If only I clicked on shift! But I love her way too much to let her go for something as trivial as that. Maybe TNT will create a name change token or something like that? That would be kind of cool.

A name token would be a great idea. I'm surprised they don't have that yet actually.

• 1 month later...

I think a name changing thing could be complicated. and I'm sure people would change things just to cause drama or something :< It's a shame that it's so hard to have nice pet names. Some people manage really nice names though! It would be cooler if that name generator thingy made nicer names.

Pooie, that made me laugh! I dunno I think that's a cute name... kinda. :P

I actually like my pets names (even the underscores/numbers) but I do nickname my pets as well since their names aren't all "name"y if that makes sense.

I dislike my pet names very much, majlisan and Daniac231. But I've had both of them since day 1 of neopets, which is almost 7 years! I just can't give them away and I'm not sure if I would change the name if I had the opportunity. I know the names are awful, but it just wouldn't be the same without them :3