Hating your pet's name

usinski

My pet names are hideous...

cool_eyrie_77

cool_xweetok_77

cool_vandagyre_77

cool_peophin_77

I'm thinking of trading some of them to get better pet names.

My pet names are hideous...

cool_eyrie_77

cool_xweetok_77

cool_vandagyre_77

cool_peophin_77

I'm thinking of trading some of them to get better pet names.

what made u choose these names ? i think itd be funny to switch their species around ;) 

what made u choose these names ? i think itd be funny to switch their species around ;)

I honestly don't know what I was thinking. xD

I guess I wasn't feeling creative. :p

I go through periods of hating the name 'Dariganto'.
But she was my first real pet on this account (one that I picked out to have on this account, and didn't transfer over) and I've spent a small fortune on painting, morphing and training.

So no way am I trading!

• 3 months later...

I think a lot of people aren't that happy with their pet names (or even usernames lol), so it doesn't bother me that much.

...But actually, on my old account, one of my pets had 18 numbers at the end of her name because I thought I was being funny. I still regret that to this day xD

• 1 month later...

I've adopted all of my neopets besides my first, novymbyr.
I make sure that every neopet I adopt does not have numbers. If you guys didn't know, there's this really neat site that shows each species, color, and age which are currently up for adoption.
http://lost.quiggle.org/

• 3 months later...

I wish they would let us change names. Ii had really bad taste in names as a 12 year old, however adult me loathe it but still loves the pet because it is my original.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish that I could change my username. Pets, you can always just abandon them for better named pets which is what I did, but your username stays a flaw that can never be fixed. I do feel a tad bad getting rid of my first pet, especially after he was turned into a baby, but with the name storm_clowd I simply couldn't justify keeping him

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like my pets' names, except the numbers.  My Uni is named Mint5012 and my Zafara is Morgan5000.  I wouldn't be that bad, except the numbers are completely random and mean nothing to me. :axehead:

I think I hate my username more.  It's hidalgo500h.  I picked it because I liked the horse in the movie Hidalgo, but then there's the 500.  AND THEN there's an h.  I swear.  9-year-old me was really dumb.

Oh yes, totally. I still have my two first pets on my account, one of which is just the first name of a guy on a boy band that was popular back then (which I didn't even like, I'm not sure what my thought process was on that one, but hey, I can't really be that harsh with 10-year-old me) and a bunch of random numbers. Another one of my pets has several underscores because I got her from the pound. I wanted a kiko back then, so I could paint it purple and match a key quest token I bought. Guess a morphing potion didn't cross my mind or I didn't wanted to spend that much. I'm not quite sure, honestly. Either way, I have grown too attached to let them go :biggrin:

My pets' names on my original account (which is a side now) do kinda drive me nuts haha. The ones I adopted have weird capitalization and several numbers, and the ones I created are just... embarrassing, lol. Like my Tuskaninny's name is literally "Fuzza Wuzza" (with some extra stuff). It sounded great when I was nine, apparently. xD

I still love them to death, but it makes me really wish I could tweak their names. Especially with one of them whose name has a long string of numbers at the end -- it's been like 15 years and that name *without the numbers* isn't even taken!!

On 5/6/2016 at 6:24 PM, Buffy said:

For the first time in ten years, I do have a pet name that I'd like to change. I nearly pounded him yesterday but had forgotten that done some decently valuable work on him. I'd zapped him quite a few times to get his color and he has a strong petpet I'd been using in the petpet battles. 

Because of the zapper he's currently the wrong gender but I'm working on that. I'm training him to battle the lab ray scientist. 

Wow. Forgot I'd posted this and just last night, I caved and pounded the pet and recreated it with the name I preferred. 

It wasn't so much the color that mattered but the clothing that came with the color which I got to keep and I can get the Petpet to level 3 again. 

On 11/10/2016 at 2:26 PM, memepolice said:

If you guys didn't know, there's this really neat site that shows each species, color, and age which are currently up for adoption.
http://lost.quiggle.org/

holy moly this is a great site! i managed to snag myself a jetsam so i could get the Jetsam Chomp avatar! thanks so much! :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely me. I adopted bobershnits from the pound and zapped a bunch, thought I'd probably release him back to the pound eventually. But somehow ended up becoming my BD pet and zapped into a Faerie Zafara, so now I'm keeping forever. But definitely do not like the name. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On Kiko day I was so excited to own a limited edition pet that I rushed through neopets creation in like 2 minutes, still a personal record! It was my second neopet, the first I named after myself, so fittingly I decided to name the second after my younger sister. At the end of the day, if all went to plan, I would be the proud owner of a red kiko named Karen24680.

Except I rushed through creation so quickly that I misspelled her name. Kare24680 instead of Karen24680. Admittedly, it wasn't a horrible screwup, but I still facepalm thinking about it. And then facepalm again for not creating another kiko that day with the correct name. 

• 2 months later...

I hate my username and some of my pets names... My username came from a variation of my name that wasn't my name... If that's confusing look at it like this... I was 10 when I made my account so I was learning all the internet safety tips... One which was to never ever use your real name or give it out! So I thought Cassandra was close enough to Cassidy! LOL How dumb!!

Any way- I wish I could change my pets names, I had a riproprukitoo, goupgopgrundoietoo, liploplupetoo, and there was a fourth I'm pretty sure a bruce I can't remember what his name was... However, I've since painted liploplupetoo as a pink koi! So now he's named incorrectly and I really wish I could change it. I'll probably end up giving away my Pink Koi hopefully so I can get a different avatar... I know he'll get adopted quickly because he's painted pink!

Yeah, I feel you.  When Xweetoks first came out, I wanted one but could not think of a name.  So I named her Xweetok31492.  And now she's annoying to customize and I wish I could just change her species, but her name is Xweetok, so she has to be a xweetok, and I don't want to give her away.  Can't really, she's my battle pet.  I've put WAY too much into her now.

• 2 months later...

I named my main (Battle) pet Lady_Square. Now I just call her Lady. There was a Mr. Square but I don't know where he got to.  It's kind of a nickname. Ok its totality a nickname.

I spent about a month saving up for her transmogrification potion, I'm very fond of vultures.