Hating your pet's name

usinski

i'm not sure if pets name really matter to me as long if it looks good but i know i wish we could vchange pets names and usernames but then it'd be harded to name your pet if this happend right now i'm ok with all my pets names

I love my Aisha despite having numbers in her name (hey, I made her when I was 12). I just call her Shuhune. If I had made my pets now, at least three of them on my main whose names I don't like how they are written, they would be "ShuhuneNekokai" "BlossomThornwell" and "KristalPhoenix" (because this whole time I was spelling phoenix "pheonix".) Yeah, many of my pets have last names and for some of them, their last names are incorporated into their name. I don't like having underscores either, but it adds an extra letter if the name was already taken by another Neopet, as was the case for my Korbat, Shiroumaru. Nowadays I have developed a talent for naming pets, my pets Eckert, Rapira and Illhaze I all created and named, and their names are simply that, one word, no underscores or numbers.

Guest ErikaChristine

My oldest pet is certainly not well named, but I love her. I remember creating her almost 12 years ago and that makes it much more special than having a perfect name. :)

I wish I could change my username. I still like my pets names.

Same,I dont really like mine,it doesnt even look intresting!

EDIT: I remember my oldest pet I created,her name was uniconsera,but I 'accidently' put it in the pound...

For the longest time I've wanted to change my pet's name. Sigh, really wish Neopets created that option. My pet's name is jc_pet_ixi. LOL. Named it almost 10 years ago. Hate the underscores now, and my pet isn't even an Ixi anymore! Don't think the lab ray will zap it back into an Ixi any time soon either hahaha. Plus, I would probably keep zapping my pet even if it turns into an Ixi again.

For the longest time I've wanted to change my pet's name. Sigh, really wish Neopets created that option. My pet's name is jc_pet_ixi. LOL. Named it almost 10 years ago. Hate the underscores now, and my pet isn't even an Ixi anymore! Don't think the lab ray will zap it back into an Ixi any time soon either hahaha. Plus, I would probably keep zapping my pet even if it turns into an Ixi again.

According to a lab ray statistics page I've seen, an ixi zap is one of the rarest occurrences, so yeah, that's improbable :(

EDIT: One of the rarest species zaps, that is. Not including colours.

I used to have a pet that became an unconverted pet and would have been fantastically named if not for uncapitalised. Silly me on my first account not capitalising anything! The pets name was "regmond" and I remember hating it so much I just gave it away about a week before the conversion. Now he`s totally inactive rotting away, and I kind of wish I could have him back :S Just goes to show.

• 1 month later...

Actually all of my pets are what I would consider VWN. I have Xaudea, Vindixie, Dietzi, and Emtz. (Although I'm not particulary that fond of the name Emtz) When I first started playing I didn't care because I didn't think I'd end up playing so long. Since then I discarded all of the BN ones and made a promise to myself to only ever adopt or create well-named pets. :) I'm kinda picky.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to agree. TNT should make a thing where if your account is ten years old or older, you can change one of your neopet's names each year... or something like that. Obviously you can only change it to a name that hasn't been taken.

TNT won't do this. Implementing name changes would mean they would have to completely change how they store massive amounts of data in their database.

See for example:

http://www.neopets.c...ction=editorial

http://www.neopets.c...itorial&week=37

http://www.neopets.c...torial&week=364

It sure would be nice, though! I would love to change my Neopets' names. I don't quite hate them, but I don't like the numbers and underscores I used. I tend to just ignore them, though, and then it's not so bad.

• 1 month later...

I don't dislike my pets names really. Though, one I don't really care for. I adopted my Aisha. She has a crazy name. It's not really name, but more of a bunch of random numbers. o_o But she's cute and I still love her. I also had a neopets when I was a kid and I don't think I came up with the worst names. I wish that we could give our pets nicknames or something. Something that would show under the pets real name and we wouldn't have to worry about it being taken by another user.

I don't dislike my pets names really. Though, one I don't really care for. I adopted my Aisha. She has a crazy name. It's not really name, but more of a bunch of random numbers. o_O But she's cute and I still love her. I also had a neopets when I was a kid and I don't think I came up with the worst names. I wish that we could give our pets nicknames or something. Something that would show under the pets real name and we wouldn't have to worry about it being taken by another user.

This is a really interesting idea. I know I never call my pets by what their actual name is, since mine are full of underscores and/or random numbers. I wonder if TNT would consider this?

Maybe not, though, since the non-uniqueness kind of defeats the purpose of creativity. We'd probably have a ton of "MrsBieber" pets or something like that, and the nicknames wouldn't have to be anything like the actual names.

I wish I looked at those untaken neopet name sites...even though most are big words which majority of neopians wouldn't know the definition of, it's still better than what I thought was "cool" at the time.

I wish I looked at those untaken neopet name sites...even though most are big words which majority of neopians wouldn't know the definition of, it's still better than what I thought was "cool" at the time.

I've gotten several names from more obscure video games, such as Mindas, Solberg, and Leires.

So many of my older pets had ridiculous names but I just couldn't get rid of them, I was attached, until I got one of my accounts frozen.

I have a bunch with numbers after the names, and a bunch of ones with multiple letters/underscores but those are mostly adopted in so I could zap them.

Currently I put Xina on another account, I'm not as attached to her as I used to be even though she is my main accounts first baby, for Love (nickname) so I could zap her.

But I do have an obsession with real names and names with the letter Z. Zumina, and Zerilai. :)

I also wish for a name change for accounts / pets, maybe even a one time thing. You get one chance for your account and one chance per pet. But then that would probably backup the system so much with all the name changing and names that are becoming available/not available.

I like all the names I made up for my pets. However, I have never liked the name of my adopted pet, Ryotsaki. It's pronounceable, no underscores or numbers, but I did not come up with it and have no connection to it. That's why I wouldn't trade or adopt pets anymore, no matter how dreamy they might be otherwise.