Hating your pet's name

usinski

Well, TNT said in the Editorial that there may be a paid service way of changing a pet's name, but it will be a very long time from now. So, if you can afford it, it'd be a way to change a pet's name. :) TNT have also said that they have been wanting the option to do this for ages.

From what I see about this "company" TNT; I don't see that happening anytime soon and I really wouldn't hold my breath on it either considering they will probably say it's impossible because it takes too much work to set up the system. -_-

As for my pet names.. I only really have one pet right now and I wish I had named it something else.. I didn't think I'd stay playing neopets for this long and didn't bother with thinking of a name.. But as I get more pets I'll definitely plan out better names. Right now the rest of my slots are just pets I created to get certain avatars ;x

• 5 months later...

When I was younger, I had a whole slew of terrible names. Like REALLY terrible. My first pet (a wocky) was creatively named something like katty#############, I had a gelert named lucky_gelert################# and so on. I don't even remember the numbers in their names anymore (well I never did). The names of my current pets are much more manageable XD

I would LOVE to change my username though...I was debating for the longest time about switching mains, but then I want to keep all of the site events/avatars/trophies/what little NC stuff I have on my current main.

Nope! I planned ahead! One of the most awesome name that I took about a year ago is Tineless. He's a ghost aisha and on one of my side accounts, soon to be on my main. I do have this really old account of mine that I found. I no longer have the password and I forgot the email so there is no way that I can possibly get back into that account, but really I don't really care because the username and pet names are really stupid. The name of the account is catchamp1 if you want to look it up or if it's still there lol.

I started playing when I was 12, so... yeah, my pets' names are pretty cheesy :P There's Princesadosmares (princessoftheseas in English), Principedaneve (princeofthesnow) and Princesa_Anabell (Princess_Anabell).

At least I cared to use underlines in one of them. Why the heck didn't I use them on the other ones?! -_-

My first pets have some weird names too, with underscores and numbers and just plain silly names. I was still young didn't have any imagination what so ever. If I could one day rename them I would I think. But not if I have to pay money for it. The name is just the name, I still love them very much. I still remember that you could watch a little animated picture with some explanation of the species when you created them, I would watch it to come up with ideas for the name. That's why my jubjub, who was rolling down hills in the little video, got named roll over with some extra underscores here and there. (it reminded me of the song/movie Roll over Beethoven, still does actually.)

• 1 month later...

I strongly dislike the names of my two oldest pets. I was like 14 or so when I named them, so 10 years later....not as cool as I thought they were, lol. I really don't get why TNT doesn't come up with a way to allow us to change our pets' names :( It could be something expensive even so people really have to be serious about the change. The tower could have an item in it, like a Potion of Regret Erasure or something, lol. A pet I gave away after zapping it had a name that made total sense for the species it was, but the SL changed its species and now it makes no sense at all :(

I have a pet named qwe9639. I adopted her from the pound then said "She looks awful!"

Now she is my battle pet and I don't care about her name anymore.

I kinda adopt pets with bad names then, IDC about the name.

I like underscore names like my lutari pet (Lutari_the_Ninth) or as long as it makes sense.

• 1 month later...

Well, TNT said in the Editorial that there may be a paid service way of changing a pet's name, but it will be a very long time from now. So, if you can afford it, it'd be a way to change a pet's name. :) TNT have also said that they have been wanting the option to do this for ages.

I remember them saying that, I hope they have the option of changing your username when the time comes as well! I'd be set if that happens!

When I first started playing, I really had no idea what it was all about, so just clicked one of the auto options...yuck! Now, I have way too many NP's in training, etc., to get rid of it....a name change potion or token would be great!

I agree! That would be awesome and very profitable for them! :D

I completely agree. I adopted all my pets from the pound so I had no say about all the numbers attached to the names (which is what bothers me the most). I've put too much time and money into improving them though to start over now with new pets. I wish there was some kind of potion or something that allowed us to rename them.

me too!! On an old account I had pets adopted from the pound, and they had numbers in their names. I don't like numbers in my pet's names.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not remove mod edits.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I hate my username more than I hate my pet's name but yes I don't like some of my pets names.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't like any of my pet's names, really, but I've grown attached to them in an odd way. It would be strange to rename them or give them away since I've had them for so long. But on my side, I make a point to only have good names, since I care now, haha.

My first pet was "princesskitkat" and I couldn't stand it, so I eventually got rid of her. I learned my lesson though and it takes me so long to name new pets...

I hate my username more than I hate my pet's name but yes I don't like some of my pets names.

I can definitely relate to this. I've hated my username since the day I created it :thumbsdown:

• 2 years later...

For the first time in ten years, I do have a pet name that I'd like to change. I nearly pounded him yesterday but had forgotten that done some decently valuable work on him. I'd zapped him quite a few times to get his color and he has a strong petpet I'd been using in the petpet battles. 

Because of the zapper he's currently the wrong gender but I'm working on that. I'm training him to battle the lab ray scientist. 

not really, I like my pets' names :33 Yoshiiki (faerie xwee) is amazing imo, I love japanese names and the extra "i" is extra cuteness :33 I needed some time to get used to Komty but he is a dreamie (faerie cy) so I love his name now :33 Ryokay (blue xweetok) is my favorite name so far and he used to be stuck in the pound ;-: and shppire62 is not my fav name, but I call her Saphie wich sounds cute enough for a baby xwee :33 all of them are adopted btw~

I have felt this for a few years also with all of my older pets... It keeps me from wanting them on my main, because of that whole high standard society thing we carry on with our pets' names. I would love to have the option to pay for a rename. D:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually sort of fond of all my terrible pet names -- a real nostalia trip back to when I first started playing NP and using numbers/uncapitalized letters wasn't even something I thought about. Ah, it was a simpler time. :P

But embarrassing usernames... yikes. I'm having flashbacks to making a side account to RP, and not only was it the name of a character from a terrible TV show, but I spelled it completely wrong! And I still use it as my side. Just wish I'd been a smarter kid when naming it and picked something less cringe-worthy. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually sort of fond of all my terrible pet names -- a real nostalia trip back to when I first started playing NP and using numbers/uncapitalized letters wasn't even something I thought about. Ah, it was a simpler time :P

I agree I definitely find nostalgia in the names I gave my pets & don't mind them. I do however find it annoying when it's pets I'm looking to adopt from the pound.