Who is the most famous person you have ever seen/met?

complicatedwishes

• 2 weeks later...

I met Kasabian in the Brighton Laines. Also seen Katie Price (Jordan) and she used to go to my school XP Used to sit in the same seat as me in English class. Ummm.. oh! And Bianca from Eastenders. And Chris Eubank... but everybody's seen him XD

I've only met one famous person...but he's my music idol so seeing him, getting his autograph, and even HUGGING him is something I'll never forget~

Nobuo Uematsu :D

The genius behind all the music from Final Fantasy games and literally inspired me to pick up an instrument.

When I saw him, he was very friendly and silly x3

I've met Stephen Baldwin ( the one that played Barney in The Flintstones movie), while I was visiting a monastery in Meteora, Greece. I was just walking out and down the stairs when he passed me. I didn't even notice, until my classmates told me. He looked really nice, gave my friend a high five when he passed him :)

Otherwise in my country we don't really have "stars". I've met footballers from our club (NK Maribor, in case anyone knows :D) several times. They are kinda the biggest stars in our small town :)

• 3 years later...

In my old job I spoke to Mike Holmes and Kennth Oppel over the phone.

I've met James Marsters (spike from Buffy for those who dont know) Twice, and he remembered me as his "drug dealer" the second time (I gave him a tylenol for a headache.... Security was not happy with that claim)

I see the singer Lights on a semi monthly basis.

Ryan Tedder and I have had drinks and talked about Sara bareilles.

I've had drinks with the entire band Silverstein (Shane Told designed one of my tattoos)

Kiesza and Max Kerman (Lead singer of The Arkells) were at Calgary Stampede and I got to meet them

And last but not least, I got to meet Elton John in June in Toronto :)

I almost ran over Ninja from Die Antwoord. I was so embarrassed I just drove away. I suppose that doesn't exactly count as meeting, though.

Also I rang up Shia LeBeouf for a coffee and some candy, but didn't even notice until my coworkers told me how jealous they were that he came to my register. I didn't believe them until someone else got a picture with him nearby about an hour later.

Apparently I'm not that great with famous people.

I've been to plenty musical artist signings and meet and greets, but there they are pretty much forced to meet me whether they like it or not haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the most famous person I've met was Angelina Jolie, but I also rode the elevator with the cast or at least the Hobbits of the Lord of the Rings and Peter Jackson. Met Orlando Bloom on a different occasion, he was with Kate Bosworth who he was dating at the time. Toby Maguire, the original Spiderman for you young'uns. He's super short, we were standing next to each other and he looked at me like, aren't you going to say anything. I suppose it was when he was at his most famous during the Spiderman films. Jamie Foxx, Kevin Smith, Colin Farrell, bought died that day. My favorite though might be Queen Latifah, cause she gave me a little wink. Tim Burton who is just like the biggest jackhole ever. Taye Diggs, who might be the most beautiful man ever. Ben Stiller, Forest Whitaker, Zachary Quintos, Betty White and the other ladies from Hot in Cleveland, so many more that I can't even think of at the moment. 

Wayne Brady, ironically enough. I was an audience member on his show back when he had a talk show. Likewise, I've been to Ellen, Craig Fergusen and Megan Mullally a few times when she had her short lived talk show. Actually walked to her show since it was filmed down the street from me. 

Good times!

I've met a few of the cast of Red Drawf, Chris Barrie (Rimmer), Robert Llewellyn (Kryten) and Hattie Hayridge (who played female Hollie). Chris Barrie is a bit offish, doesn't really like to chat much but Hattie was lovely as was Robert.

Also have met Ian McNeice (played Winston Churchill in Dr Who), James Cosmo (Jeor Mormont in Game of Thrones).  These two when met them treated everyone like an old friend, James Cosmo even shook my hand! I had one of my build a bears with me and got a photo with Ian McNeice taking a smoke from cigar, he placed fake cigar next to my build a bear as if he as smoking and got me to take a pic of them both on his phone! 

I've also met the late Eddie Bunker (who played Mr Blue in Reservoir Dogs), he was a lovely man and, felt honoured to have met him and talked with him. I also have met David Prowse (Darth Vader) as a big Star Wars fan this was big for me! A lovely man. Also have met the late Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel in Star Wars).

Met Dogs of War (Canidian Pink Floyd tribute band), they were all lovely. Met the late Jimmy Ellis, which kinda threw me, because was with my mum and, he stopped us and gave her a hug. Didn't know that she knew him! He was a lovely man and, talked away to me as well.

Ones I've seen have been Gillian Anderson, Kylie,  Jamie Dornan, Liam Neeson, Colin Morgan, Jimmy Nesbitt.  Actually seen Colin Morgan and Jimmy Nesbitt quite a bit. Probably quite a few more but can't remember right now. 

My sister works on TV shows in California, and we recently met Ken Jeong...and watched a taping of the Dr. Ken show.

:)

I met Wil Wheaton year ago at the Renaissance Faire when I lived in California. He's hilarious!

I have met several celebrities in the past 20 years because of my sister's cool job. Too many to list...

• 4 weeks later...

tumblr_o1pj0v2Czn1qc2pf2o1_400.jpg

tumblr_o1pj0v2Czn1qc2pf2o2_400.jpg

I had VIP with the Arkells last night, by far the best live show I've ever been too. 

Saw them in July at a festival and took the photo in the first clip, liked it so much I had it printed on canvas and had the entire band sign it. 

I almost ran over Ninja from Die Antwoord. I was so embarrassed I just drove away. I suppose that doesn't exactly count as meeting, though.

Also I rang up Shia LeBeouf for a coffee and some candy, but didn't even notice until my coworkers told me how jealous they were that he came to my register. I didn't believe them until someone else got a picture with him nearby about an hour later.

Apparently I'm not that great with famous people.

I've been to plenty musical artist signings and meet and greets, but there they are pretty much forced to meet me whether they like it or not haha.

I love Die Antwoord. :)

I've never met a famous person. I wish I could meet everyone in Thirty Seconds to Mars especially Jared because he's cute and stuff like that. Confession! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, you guys have crazy encounters! The most famous person I've met is professional Super Smash Bros. Melee player Leffen when he came to Battle of BC. Unfortunately didn't get any pictures since he was super focused. Hopefully next year it'll be more chill.

My mom met the Dalai Lama once, I wasn't born yet  :sad02:. My family lived near Woodstock, NY (I was born in TX but all my sisters were born in NY) and the Budhhist temple shared a courtyard with some local shops. She said she was going to the bead store and had my one sister, mintmilanos, in a stroller, and my oldest sister, moonlit_danaa, with her when she saw an old man in red and gold "bed sheets" on the ground. She locked the stroller and told my older sister to stay by the stroller to go help "the poor man" off the ground. As she tried to approach him, 2 huge samurai-looking men came out of no where and demanded that my mother not touch "His Holiness". Being scared by these guys, she said, "As long as you're taking care of him and don't leave him on the ground like this. The morning air is still chilly and I bet the ground is damp near the fountain." Huffed off, taking my sisters inside to the bead store. When she got out of the store, the Dalai Lama was waiting for her with an interpreter. He apologized for his security "scaring" her and thanked her for her concern. She was realizing then that "His Holiness" meant he was a religious leader and he rubbed my 2 sisters heads. But she was too shy to shake his hand (also not done in our religion, being that he was not a blood relation to her) so she just simply said,"As long as you're okay, I just wanted you to be ok." He thanked her again and they left. It wasn't until she got home and then looked up on the computer who he was. :laughingsmiley:  

I was to the Linkin Park concert, does that count ^^? Oh, and I was to Polish woodstock Festival, where I've seen many, many stars, with Whithin Temptation, Shaggy, Shaka Ponk and Modestep among them :) But this is just a concert, not that I've met them.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts on-topic. This board is for discussing famous people you have met, not concerts attended.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago I was wandering around a flea market in L.A. when I ran into Adam Lambert. It was my first proper celebrity encounter, and I was such a HUGE fan that I got really nervous. But he was super sweet and shook my hand and then I went home and blushed for about two hours. :P

I even forgot to buy anything from the flea market!