Who is the most famous person you have ever seen/met?

complicatedwishes

I saw this topic on a forum that isn't neo related and it was interesting to see peoples answers.

So, this can mean if you met them in person, or it can just be passing you on the street, or in concert/a gig/live.

I've met famous people from different occupations,

so the most famous person (people - because they were together) in soap is Mitzee and Riley from Hollyoaks.

From music, I think my most famous is Kylie Minogue?

:)

I love this thread already :P

Once, I passed by Timbuktu (a swedish artist who's really popular here) on the street during a festival, I've met Samuel Fröler on a cruise to Norway and this October I'm going to see W.A.S.P. at a concert (technically, I haven't 'met' them yet, but Timbuktu and Samuel Fröler seemed kind of tame *cough*)

I've meet José Emilio Amavisca, Miguel Bosé and David Bustamante (probably you don't know neither of them but they are pretty famous on Spain).

I saw once Gary Dourdan but I wasn't brave enough to go near him. :P

I've met a lot of musicians, but they're all heavy Metal dudes xD A few authors too. I want to see AJ post in this thread, lol.

I got to play Munchkin against Steve Jackson, the game's creator!

YOU WIN. I am incredibly jealous of you right now. That is the greatest famous person story ever.

My husband grew up filthy stinkin' rich, and he went to a private school in the L.A. area, so he knows tons of famous people. He has a great story about getting cussed out by Dustin Hoffman, whose kid went to the school. But I haven't met any of these people. The only famous person I've met through him is Henry Winkler, and that's just because his former housekeeper's husband is Henry Winkler's chef.

As far as passing on the street (well, technically, he literally walked into me), Wayne Brady. No one really believed me because it was in Anchorage, Alaska, but after a Google search, he was in fact in Anchorage for a show the week I was there.

Otherwise, I've really only met musicians, the most famous of them being Colbie Caillat. I've also met lesser known, like Brendan James, Brett Dennen, Guster, Stars Go Dim, O.A.R., Jessie Baylin. I also met Youngstown when I was 13-14. (A pretty much forgotten and never super well-known boy band from the late 1990s)

I saw Susan Sarandon and Geoffry Rush in a play in New York a couple years ago. They were both amazing!

And just in case there are any Whovians around, Paul McGann and Louise Jamison. :D They're both so terribly lovely (And Louise Jamison liked my outfit. ^_^)

The most famous person I've ever seen has to be Whitney Houston at a concert in 1992. Bobby Brown was there too, but whatever.

The most famous person I've ever seen on the street is not world famous, but extremely famous around here.

This guy:

kim%20larsen1.jpeg

Kim Larsen. Folk musician/singer.

I've seen him several times in different scenarios but I've never talked to him, unlike my boyfriend who had a beer with him once.

EDIT: OH! I've seen the cast of The Commitments walking down the street! Not all of them, but many of them. That was weird and unexpected.

I met

Violinist Vanessa Mae ,

Oscar-Winning Composer Gabriel Yared (he's of Lebanese origin) and got his autograph

French singer Charles Aznavour

Sting

Many famous DJ's

I haven't really ever met or seen anyone THAT super uber duper famous, but I was within a foot of Dave Grohl at a concert! He's amazing!

Aaaand I met the founders of Etsy.com at an Etsy conference. They're not super famous, but that site is getting big. And I love handmade/vintage, so it was a big moment for me. :D

I met

Violinist Vanessa Mae ,

Oohh, I like her <3

I've also seen Bob Dylan at a festival, but that's not impressive as he was on stage. But it was amazing. He was like an angel, which sounds odd, but he really was. Or maybe I was just intoxicated by his presence. And maybe also beer.

Hmm, I've seen and talked to my fair share.

I think the most memorable people for me were Darren Criss, Josh Hutcherson, NPH, Harry Shum Jr., Michael Cera, Halle Berry...

The medical office I work in is smack dab in Beverly Hills.

(I really like Glee and Starkid a lot so DC has to be my most favorite?? He chatted and we took dorky photos♥)

Kim Kardashian gets her nails done weekly at a nail place down by the street but she's not someone I have an penchant of wanting to meet.

I'll keep you all updated on the next person I see!

Musicians: Said The Whale, Motion City Soundtrack, Panic At The Disco.

Edited by rojo

As far as passing on the street (well, technically, he literally walked into me), Wayne Brady. No one really believed me because it was in Anchorage, Alaska, but after a Google search, he was in fact in Anchorage for a show the week I was there.

Otherwise, I've really only met musicians, the most famous of them being Colbie Caillat. I've also met lesser known, like Brendan James, Brett Dennen, Guster, Stars Go Dim, O.A.R., Jessie Baylin. I also met Youngstown when I was 13-14. (A pretty much forgotten and never super well-known boy band from the late 1990s)

I LOVE WAYNE BRADY, only because of Whose Line Is It Anyways. That show is laugh-out-loud hilarious.

Most famous person I've ever seen/met is probably Iman Shumpert when I was walking in Manhattan.

Oh yes! And I saw Michael Buble a couple of years ago- just walking down the street with a cup of coffee. I'm not a huge fan, but it was pretty cool. :)

I met Ronnie James Dio (Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell/Dio) once. He was such a sweet guy! My friend used to have a record store and I would help him out with all the signing sessions he did. So I was Ronnie's "slave for the day". XD Basically I got to hang out with him for the afternoon and get him food and drinks and stuff. I was really sad when he passed away :(

Also, I had a nice chat with Dan Aykroyd (Ray from the Ghostbusters) and a whole conversation with Chris Caffery (Savatage). Also, I bumped into the Foo Fighters at the airport in LA.

Hmm, well it's mostly musicians for me - I've been to a LOT of concerts so I won't list everything, but back when I was young they did a battle of the bands type thing for local bands in Buffalo, and a friend of mine took me with him since his friends were in one of the bands. They basically did a tour of bars. So, wayyyy before they ever became famous, I met the guys of the Goo Goo Dolls. I've also met Third Eye Blind and Corrosion of Conformity and a bunch of much smaller time bands due to some really good low budget places in the RDU area.

When we lived in Nashville, my husband cooked for Gretchen Wilson, and I waited on Rob Thomas when he was just breaking away from Matchbox Twenty.

There's a lot of filming that goes on in the Wilmington area - I drove right by the set of Dawson's Creek once, and Hilary Swank is filming here now - went right by that set a few weeks ago!

Oh yes! And I saw Michael Buble a couple of years ago- just walking down the street with a cup of coffee. I'm not a huge fan, but it was pretty cool. :)

My hubby said he got to meet him. He said was a nice guy too.

I haven't met anyone super famous. I guess the most famous person I've met would be Doug Walker of thatguywiththeglasses.com.

My hubby said he got to meet him. He said was a nice guy too.

I haven't met anyone super famous. I guess the most famous person I've met would be Doug Walker of thatguywiththeglasses.com.

Yeah, he always seems really nice! Very Canadian of him, lol. ;P